Paulding.com

Ms Gladys M Smith passed away Saturday, March 8 @ her residence.

She was 100 years young.

She was a member of Ebenezer Baptist Church, Dallas Georgia

Viewing @ Eberhart Funeral Home, Monday March 10. 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Tuesday morning from 9:00 am - 10:00 am.

Graveside service @ 11:00 am. New Hope Cemetary

Rev. Harold Weatherford and Rev. G.R. Graves officiating.

Ms Gladys M Smith passed away Saturday, March 8 @ her residence.

She was 100 years young.

She was a member of Ebenezer Baptist Church, Dallas Georgia

Viewing @ Eberhart Funeral Home, Monday March 10. 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Tuesday morning from 9:00 am - 10:00 am.

Graveside service @ 11:00 am. New Hope Cemetary

Rev. Harold Weatherford and Rev. G.R. Graves officiating.

may she RIP

Never married either. She was one precious lady. She will forever be missed.

I know that death is hard, today is the 1 year anniversary that my 96 YO Grandma passed away. While I miss her, and think of her daily, I also know that she lived a VERY long, happy life. When you get that age, most of your friends are gone, and it is lonely. I hope that this family will find "peace in death" also. I just know that the above thoughts really helped me and my family get through Grandma's death.

Gladys was my Great Uncles sister and she lived a wonderful life, loved the Lord and worshiped him. I can remember being a child the thrill of visiting Aunt Gladys on Holiday's especially Halloween, it was a definate treat. My Great Uncle passed 4 yrs ago in May at only 72 yrs old and I miss him to this day, Ms Gladys will be missed... RIP

Wow! She made it to 100, and lived alone!

May she rest in peace. Prayers and thoughts going to her family

She didn't live alone, she lived with her sister till she passed a couple years ago, and her neighbors moved in with her and took care of her, but she stayed healthy enough to live alone for a while...... We can only all hope to live a nice long life like her

Gladys Smith was a wonderful person and I was really surprised that the family chose not to have a funeral, as many people, who were not family would have liked to have honored Ms. Gladys. She is at peace and out of pain and discomfort and with God her Father and eternal savior. She was a woman who loved and hononored God. She loved her church and she loved its people. She was a people person. She was always making something with her hands while she was still able. You hardly ever went to see her that you did not leave with something she would give you that she had made. She was a presious lady and had hundreds of friends. She has seen most of her people pass away and lived to be 100 with not alot of family left. Ms. Evie Smith lived in the house with Ms. Gladys until her health caused her to have to live in the nursing home and then she passed away shortly after that, but was of no blood kin. She was actually a tennant and very best friend of Ms. Gladys and lots of people thought they were sisters, and were sisters in Christ because both ladies were devout christians and loved God and His church. Ms. Gladys had her side of the house and Ms. Evie had the other. They were both just the sweetest people. One thing that some may not know is that Ms. Gladys was engaged to marry Mr. Charlie Maulding. Mr. Charlie Maulding was Justice of the Peace in Paulding County in 1948 and ran for Tax Collector and won, carrying every vote in his district. He took puemonia and died before taking office and also before the marriage ceremony to Ms.Smith. She and Mr. Charlie Maulding would see one another while riding the bus back and forth to their place of employment and in the case of bad weather, or sickness, they would have to go weeks without speaking or seeing one another. They would write letters to each other and they were so sweet and touching to the heart. Just wanted to give another "I Love You and will miss you to: Ms. Gladys Smith!"

• 2 weeks later...
Gladys Smith was a wonderful person and I was really surprised that the family chose not to have a funeral, as many people, who were not family would have liked to have honored Ms. Gladys. She is at peace and out of pain and discomfort and with God her Father and eternal savior. She was a woman who loved and hononored God. She loved her church and she loved its people. She was a people person. She was always making something with her hands while she was still able. You hardly ever went to see her that you did not leave with something she would give you that she had made. She was a presious lady and had hundreds of friends. She has seen most of her people pass away and lived to be 100 with not alot of family left. Ms. Evie Smith lived in the house with Ms. Gladys until her health caused her to have to live in the nursing home and then she passed away shortly after that, but was of no blood kin. She was actually a tennant and very best friend of Ms. Gladys and lots of people thought they were sisters, and were sisters in Christ because both ladies were devout christians and loved God and His church. Ms. Gladys had her side of the house and Ms. Evie had the other. They were both just the sweetest people. One thing that some may not know is that Ms. Gladys was engaged to marry Mr. Charlie Maulding. Mr. Charlie Maulding was Justice of the Peace in Paulding County in 1948 and ran for Tax Collector and won, carrying every vote in his district. He took puemonia and died before taking office and also before the marriage ceremony to Ms.Smith. She and Mr. Charlie Maulding would see one another while riding the bus back and forth to their place of employment and in the case of bad weather, or sickness, they would have to go weeks without speaking or seeing one another. They would write letters to each other and they were so sweet and touching to the heart. Just wanted to give another "I Love You and will miss you to: Ms. Gladys Smith!"

Such a lovely, touching story. Thank you for sharing.