Paulding.com

Johnny M. Lawrence, age 61, of Dallas, passed away on Friday, February 22, 2008. He was born April 9, 1946, in Cedartown, and was preceded in death by his parents, Gordon Lee Lawrence & Annie Strickland Lawrence; sister, Frankie Greene; mother-in-law & father-in-law, Doris & Allan Bennett; and brother-in-law, Danny Bennett.

Mr. Lawrence was a veteran of the U. S. Army. He was a member of Concord Baptist Church and loved his church and fishing.

Survivors include his wife of 38 years, Sherry Lawrence of Dallas;

son & daughter-in-law, Bennett Lawrence & wife, Kelly of Dallas; daughter & son-in-law, Katrina Thomason & husband, Tim of Dallas; brother & sister-in-law, Gordon Lawrence & wife, Geneva of Dallas; two grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2008, at 11:00am, from Clark Funeral Home, with Brother Donald Scoggins and Reverend Wiley Butler officiating. Interment will follow in Dallas Memory Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, Ga. is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Had Jonny been sick , we haven't seen them in a long time . Johnny and Tony use to coach ball together when the boys were younger .

Sherry, all of you will be in our prayers.

Tona & Tony Lambert

I had heard a couple of months ago that Johnny was sick -

This family has been through a lot over the last 2 or 3 years, Please keep them in your prayers.

Sherry, Katrina and family,

Your husband/father was a great man. I remember alot of fun times in the summer when Katrina and I were kids. I am sure that he is resting now. Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you during this time.

Cathy

Johnny was my father in-law. He had been real sick for the past year. Thanks to everyone for there thoughts and prayers. Please keep us in your prayers.

Kelly Lawrence

(Bennett's wife)

I was at the funeral with my dad. I have been praying for your family. I am Gordon and Genevas niece. Johnny is in a much better place now with no more suffering!