Paulding.com

Was he sick, or was there an accident of some kind?

He did battle cancer for a while. I was told they were at a game this weekend and he didn't feel well. He was taken to the hospital, and he had a high fever, his organs shut down on him.

This was just such a shock, I still can't believe this happened :(

Ronnie was a good friend and an amazing man. I had the pleasure to become friends while working with him at Hiram, and he was truly a great and FUNNY man. I saw Ronnie at the EPHS-Cherokee football game this fall and he was truly loving his job at Etowah. He was truly a tough guy with the kids, but he really cared and treated them all equally.He will be missed, and we at Hiram will miss him.

I spoke with Anna (Coach Green's wife) a few minutes ago and she truly needs our prayers. Coach Green started getting sick on Friday of last week but felt better by late afternoon and in fact, even attended a basketball game on Friday night. He was in bed on Saturday and Sunday and he became worse on Monday morning with flu symptoms and a fever of 104 degrees. They carried him to the doctor who immediatley sent him to Kennestone where he was admitted to ICU and placed on a respirator. He lost his battle at around 10:00 last night.

They have ruled his death as flu / pneumonia related. His visitation will be tomorrow night from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Jerry Smith Funeral Home in Woodstock and the funeral will be on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Woodstock.

Coach Green was truly a wonderful man who meant so much to the kids that he coached in baseball. He was my son's baseball coach all 4 years at East Paulding High School and we became very close with Coach Green and Anna. My son is absolutely devastated as he has remained in frequent contact with Coach Green since he graduated from high school. He truly was a great person who made such a positive impact on his players, students, families, friends as well as those he worked with. Coach Green, as many of you know, battled Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about 5 years ago and even on the days he had received chemo treatments, he still showed up for games and practices - sometimes barely able to hold his head up. He had his last scan on December 31st and it came back clear for any reoccurences. Please keep Anna and the family in your prayers. RIP Coach Green - you have truly touched many, many lives in such a positive way.

I spoke with Anna (Coach Green's wife) a few minutes ago and she truly needs our prayers. Coach Green started getting sick on Friday of last week but felt better by late afternoon and in fact, even attended a basketball game on Friday night. He was in bed on Saturday and Sunday and he became worse on Monday morning with flu symptoms and a fever of 104 degrees. They carried him to the doctor who immediatley sent him to Kennestone where he was admitted to ICU and placed on a respirator. He lost his battle at around 10:00 last night.

They have ruled his death as flu / pneumonia related. His visitation will be tomorrow night from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Jerry Smith Funeral Home in Woodstock and the funeral will be on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Woodstock.

Coach Green was truly a wonderful man who meant so much to the kids that he coached in baseball. He was my son's baseball coach all 4 years at East Paulding High School and we became very close with Coach Green and Anna. My son is absolutely devastated as he has remained in frequent contact with Coach Green since he graduated from high school. He truly was a great person who made such a positive impact on his players, students, families, friends as well as those he worked with. Coach Green, as many of you know, battled Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about 5 years ago and even on the days he had received chemo treatments, he still showed up for games and practices - sometimes barely able to hold his head up. He had his last scan on December 31st and it came back clear for any reoccurences. Please keep Anna and the family in your prayers. RIP Coach Green - you have truly touched many, many lives in such a positive way.

Thank you, this is a lovely tribute to Coach Green. He was a wonderful man who loved the kids he worked with and had found a job he loved as the athletic director at Etowah High. His wife Anna is a wonderful lady who I know is devastated by this. Please keep Anna and Ronnie's family in your thoughts and prayers.

I cried as a read this. My son called me from work and ask if I would see if there was anything on here about Coach Green. A friend of his called him. This man was so special when it came to his ball players. I remember when my son played at EPHS and they went to Jonesboro to play in a tourament. The school we went to was where Coach Green came from and all the kids were excited to see him. I think he has touched lifes every where he has taught at. He not only taught them how to play baseball but he taught them values. My son worked alot of Saturdays on the field at EPHS, such as laying sod and making the field nice. Now he looks back and realizes, that was for his school. Coach Green was loved by many and will be missed.

I was just informed this morning that Coach Green passed away. :(

Please keep his family in your prayers.

My son was deeply saddened by this and couldnt believe it , he said he saw Coach Green at the game in East Coweta on Friday night, he came to see the boys play(Hiram). He cant understand how he saw him on Friday and he seemed fine and now he's gone. I told him life is short and while you are here you have to make and impact and make a difference like Coach Green had. My condolences to his family and all that knew him.

Mrs. Green was my yearbook teacher all through high school. Both of them were such wonderful people! Coach Green was always so involved and loved what he was doing. I will keep them both in my prayers!

If anyone has Mrs. Green's address could you please let me know. I, along with other members of the yearbook staff from East Paulding, would like to send her our condolences.

--Kelleyofhiram's daughter

I am deeply saddened by this news...Coach Green was a good person. My thoughts and prayers go out to Anna and the family. Thankfully, he came our way for our young people, and hopefully a young adult that was taught or coached by him will be motivated by his courage several years ago with cancer, and the great fight that he waged. We thank Coach Green for the many hours that he gave to the young people of Paulding County.

I have search for Jerry Smith Funeral Home and can't find it. Can someone tell me if this is where Coach Green is at and if its in Woodstock? Trying to get directions. Thanks if someone can help.

Information concerning the funeral arrangements is available on the Etowah High School website. According to the school's home page, the Woodstock Funeral Home is in charge of services. I am providing the link which includes directions. Maybe this will help.

Edited by itsaphd4me

My son came home from work last night upset. He said he got behind a hearst in Marietta and all he could see was it said Woodstock, Ga on it, and he said all he could keep thinking is maybe Coach Green could be inside that hearst.

He is 23 years old and has seen people he knows die but this has upset him more than any I've seen.

Edited by jp184
Mrs. Green was my yearbook teacher all through high school. Both of them were such wonderful people! Coach Green was always so involved and loved what he was doing. I will keep them both in my prayers!

If anyone has Mrs. Green's address could you please let me know. I, along with other members of the yearbook staff from East Paulding, would like to send her our condolences.

--Kelleyofhiram's daughter

Edited by JustMe2
I have search for Jerry Smith Funeral Home and can't find it. Can someone tell me if this is where Coach Green is at and if its in Woodstock? Trying to get directions. Thanks if someone can help.

Here is the address and phone number to the Woodstock Funeral Home: 8855 Main Street, Woodstock, GA 30188, phone number is (770) 926-3107

Coach Green was a wonderful man, I remeber when he first came to EPHS... we could not decide if we were gonna like him or not, he always had this * Keep to himself* attude, but it did not take us long to fall in love with him, and as we watched him with his * His Kids* and that is what they where... we grew to respect him, and admire him..

He was a man of character, and you knew where you stood with him, I will always remeber his smile, and the jokes he would tell us, and he would always make us some candy at Christmas and tell us not to tell anyone his reputation would be ruined ..

Anna is a wonderful strong woman, she stood by his side, through all of his sickness, my prayers and thoughts are with her right now.

Rest in Peace Coach Green and know that you will truly be missed.

thumb8.jpg

My son, one of his friends and his girlfriend went to the veiwing last night. They all went to EPHS and either had Coach Green as a baseball coach or Mrs. Green as a teacher. He said the Funeral Home was really crowded. I pray the Lord will be beside Anna today and give her the strength she'll need to get through this.