Paulding.com

In Memory of Phyllis Kruse

12 years ago today my mom died of breast cancer. Some of you may remember her.....she taught 6th grade at Herschel Jones Middle School and was loved dearly by her students. It was a Friday and it snowed that morning (after school had started). They started sending everyone back home and the kids were all saying that "Mrs. Kruse made it snow". I miss her so much and think of her every day.

Don't forget to get those mammograms, ladies

Edited by TSD mom
12 years ago today my mom died of breast cancer. Some of you may remember her.....she taught 6th grade at Hershel Jones Middle School and was loved dearly by her students. It was a Friday and it snowed that morning (after school had started). They started sending everyone back home and the kids were all saying that "Mrs. Kruse made it snow". I miss her so much and think of her every day.

She sounds like a great lady. Hugs to you.

12 years ago today my mom died of breast cancer. Some of you may remember her.....she taught 6th grade at Hershel Jones Middle School and was loved dearly by her students. It was a Friday and it snowed that morning (after school had started). They started sending everyone back home and the kids were all saying that "Mrs. Kruse made it snow". I miss her so much and think of her every day.

I'm sure she was a wonderful mom as well as teacher.

I'm sure today was hard for you.

Prayers for comfort.

I very much remember your Mom. She wasn't one of my teachers, but she was always so funny. I wasn't aware that she had passed on; I guess I'd moved on to high school by that time.

I'm sorry for your loss.

you know that name isn't very common........sorry for the high jack but my maiden name is Kruse and I haven't ran into very many.....i wonder if we were related somehow?????? does anyone know where her family is from????(here or another state?)

Ms. Kruse was my teacher in the 6th grade when she taught at Hiram Elementary. I had her about 21 years ago. The year I had her, she had a swimming party for those who got A's in her class for the last 6 weeks of school. She was a great teacher!

Awww, thanks. Yep, she was at Hiram, McGarity and then HJ.

I remember that swimming party (one of several she had for her students). My daughter was 6 months old at the time and was teething. I had to hold her the entire day. :o

Edited by TSD mom
12 years ago today my mom died of breast cancer. Some of you may remember her.....she taught 6th grade at Herschel Jones Middle School and was loved dearly by her students. It was a Friday and it snowed that morning (after school had started). They started sending everyone back home and the kids were all saying that "Mrs. Kruse made it snow". I miss her so much and think of her every day.

She is not forgotten. I didn't get the chance to know her, but I know several who did. They loved her very much. I see her name every day. Thought you'd want to know that.

I lost my Mom to breast cancer also - she taught the 4th grade and was loved by her students as well. I also lost my grandmother and aunt to the disease... and am diagnosed myself but surviving for 12 years. How wonderful your Mom touched lives and will be remembered always - As for you, keep a check but here's an important statistic... only 25% of breast cancer diagnoses have a family member who had the disease. That means 75% of diagnoses have no family member!!! So for others reading this - don't fall into complacency regarding self checks, and mammograms (as stated above). I'm writing this as a tribute to your Mom, and all the Moms out there who have touched our lives and fight breast cancer.

My heart is with you -

you know that name isn't very common........sorry for the high jack but my maiden name is Kruse and I haven't ran into very many.....i wonder if we were related somehow?????? does anyone know where her family is from????(here or another state?)

My mom and dad (the Kruse name) were born and raised in Ohio. The Toledo area. My dad only had one sister (that he knew of) and she died of cancer also. His dad's name was Arthur Kruse. His parents divorced when he was a little boy and he lost contact with his dad. So I guess it is possible that there were siblings that he didn't know about.

I absolutely loved Mrs.Kruse. She was my favorite teacher, and Im not just saying that, I moved here (paulding) right after our winter break and she was so nice to me and welcomed me. I still remember her, I have packed away in my old pictures a school photo of her with an Atlanta Braves shirt on that I think looked like the newspaper. She was so kind and I remember how sad I was to learn of her passing. You had a wonderful mother whom I know is greatly missed :wub:

I absolutely loved Mrs.Kruse. She was my favorite teacher, and Im not just saying that, I moved here (paulding) right after our winter break and she was so nice to me and welcomed me. I still remember her, I have packed away in my old pictures a school photo of her with an Atlanta Braves shirt on that I think looked like the newspaper. She was so kind and I remember how sad I was to learn of her passing. You had a wonderful mother whom I know is greatly missed :wub:

Awww, I love to hear stories like this. Thanks for making my day!

• 2 weeks later...

Your Mom was so precious to me and to my daughter!!!! My daughter had Phyllis at McGarity. I worked wtih her at Hiram and McGarity. I did a a lot of paintings and airbrush for her. She was a hoot!!!! She was wonderful with the kids and awesome with adults!!! I loved her so much. It is so hard to believe she has been gone for 12 years now. She had so many more years to give to children, helping them get through life but I guess God needed her more!!! You have so many special memories for your heart.....keep those and share with your children!!!

Your Mom was so precious to me and to my daughter!!!! My daughter had Phyllis at McGarity. I worked wtih her at Hiram and McGarity. I did a a lot of paintings and airbrush for her. She was a hoot!!!! She was wonderful with the kids and awesome with adults!!! I loved her so much. It is so hard to believe she has been gone for 12 years now. She had so many more years to give to children, helping them get through life but I guess God needed her more!!! You have so many special memories for your heart.....keep those and share with your children!!!

Awww, I just saw this and it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for everything you have said about my MOM!

:huh: :wub:

Awww, I just saw this and it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for everything you have said about my MOM!

Wanted to let you know that my mother worked at Herschel Jones with your mother and that she thought she was a inspiration to all teachers. My mother and another teacher worked so hard at making the memorial garden for her at Herschel Jones and then they put the library there. My mother was devistated. I was outraged that Paulding County didn't show more appreciation for a lady who dearly loved teaching. I loved Ms Kruse and my mother always says that they can destroy the garden , but the beautiful memory of that wonderful person can never be taken away.

God Bless your family and you .

• 4 weeks later...
:huh: :wub:

Wanted to let you know that my mother worked at Herschel Jones with your mother and that she thought she was a inspiration to all teachers. My mother and another teacher worked so hard at making the memorial garden for her at Herschel Jones and then they put the library there. My mother was devistated. I was outraged that Paulding County didn't show more appreciation for a lady who dearly loved teaching. I loved Ms Kruse and my mother always says that they can destroy the garden , but the beautiful memory of that wonderful person can never be taken away.

God Bless your family and you .

OMG! I just saw this.....thanks so much for your kind words.

She was a wonderful woman. She was my teacher in 6th grade and I always looked forward to her class. In high school I was friends with her grandaughter (I'm guessing your daughter?) Belinda.

I lost my Mom to breast cancer also - she taught the 4th grade and was loved by her students as well. I also lost my grandmother and aunt to the disease... and am diagnosed myself but surviving for 12 years. How wonderful your Mom touched lives and will be remembered always - As for you, keep a check but here's an important statistic... only 25% of breast cancer diagnoses have a family member who had the disease. That means 75% of diagnoses have no family member!!! So for others reading this - don't fall into complacency regarding self checks, and mammograms (as stated above). I'm writing this as a tribute to your Mom, and all the Moms out there who have touched our lives and fight breast cancer.

My heart is with you -

You sound like an amazing woman and make me think of my grandmother that was diagnosed with breast 9 years ago and has been battling it since. She now has breast cancer with bone metastases. It has most recently come back again in her hip bone. She is such a fighter and I pray that if I am ever diagnosed with cancer that I will be able to have the courage to handle it with as much grace as she has. She is going thru radiation again and will start chemo again when the radiation is done. I dread having to watch her go thru this for the 4th time, but she is the strongest woman I know. And you are right...there had never been anyone else in our family's history that had breast cancer or cancer at all, so breast cancer can affect anyone. Every woman should be proactive about making sure they get their yearly mammograms!

She was a wonderful woman. She was my teacher in 6th grade and I always looked forward to her class. In high school I was friends with her grandaughter (I'm guessing your daughter?) Belinda.

Belinda is actually my neice......my sister's daughter. :rolleyes: