Paulding.com

Elberta Atcheson, age 69, of Dallas, passed away on Friday, January 11, 2008. A native of Paulding County, she was born on April 6, 1938, and was preceded in death by her parents, William Maston Tibbitts & Vera Myrtis Tibbitts; brothers & sister-in-law, Reverend Green Tibbitts and Donald & Louise Tibbitts. She was a member of Northside Baptist Church for 54 years.

Survivors include her husband of 53 years, George L. Atcheson, Jr. of Dallas; son & daughter-in-law, Barry Atcheson & wife Sandra of Dallas; daughters & sons-in-law, Sheila Chambers & husband Leonard of Dallas and Lori Blan & husband Bruce of Dallas; brothers & sisters-in-law, Lamon Tibbitts & wife Betty of Dallas, Labon Tibbitts & wife Faye of Dallas, and Eri Tibbitts & wife Ida Mae of Dallas; sister, Fannie Holcomb of Dallas; sister-in-law, Martha Tibbitts of Dallas; nine grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces & nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 14, 2008, at 3:00pm, from Northside Baptist Church, with Dr. Curtis Turner and Reverend Leonard Chambers officiating. Interment will follow in Dallas City Cemetery. Micah Chambers, Josh Atcheson, Todd Hughes, Jessie Lawrence, David Blan, and Jonathan Blan will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday from 4:00pm until 9:00pm, and on Monday from 11:00am until 2:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home
Elberta Atcheson, age 69, of Dallas, passed away on Friday, January 11, 2008. A native of Paulding County, she was born on April 6, 1938, and was preceded in death by her parents, William Maston Tibbitts & Vera Myrtis Tibbitts; brothers & sister-in-law, Reverend Green Tibbitts and Donald & Louise Tibbitts. She was a member of Northside Baptist Church for 54 years.

Survivors include her husband of 53 years, George L. Atcheson, Jr. of Dallas; son & daughter-in-law, Barry Atcheson & wife Sandra of Dallas; daughters & sons-in-law, Sheila Chambers & husband Leonard of Dallas and Lori Blan & husband Bruce of Dallas; brothers & sisters-in-law, Lamon Tibbitts & wife Betty of Dallas, Labon Tibbitts & wife Faye of Dallas, and Eri Tibbitts & wife Ida Mae of Dallas; sister, Fannie Holcomb of Dallas; sister-in-law, Martha Tibbitts of Dallas; nine grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces & nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 14, 2008, at 3:00pm, from Northside Baptist Church, with Dr. Curtis Turner and Reverend Leonard Chambers officiating. Interment will follow in Dallas City Cemetery. Micah Chambers, Josh Atcheson, Todd Hughes, Jessie Lawrence, David Blan, and Jonathan Blan will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday from 4:00pm until 9:00pm, and on Monday from 11:00am until 2:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

This is my Aunt Lori's (My Mom's youngest brother's wife) mother. Elberta will be missed tremendously by our family. I found out very late this afternoon and I'm surprised to see Clark has it up so soon. Elberta and Jr. were two of the kindest people you'd ever meet. She truly was the matriarch of her family and her sudden, unexpected passing has shocked us deeply.

Please keep the family in your thoughts, especially Jr. as he is understandably having a very difficult time.

This is my Aunt Lori's (My Mom's youngest brother's wife) mother. Elberta will be missed tremendously by our family. I found out very late this afternoon and I'm surprised to see Clark has it up so soon. Elberta and Jr. were two of the kindest people you'd ever meet. She truly was the matriarch of her family and her sudden, unexpected passing has shocked us deeply.

Please keep the family in your thoughts, especially Jr. as he is understandably having a very difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss. this is so sad I will keep your family in my prayers..

I am so sorry for your loss. this is so sad I will keep your family in my prayers..

I just can't believe she's gone. I really didn't believe my Mom when she called to tell me. She was just the most kind person you've ever met. I often tell people that I know very few "true Christians." She's one of them. I've never met a nicer woman. While she was not part of my every day life, you just always knew she was there. It's very sad. I feel terrible for her immediate family. She held that family together and this is a huge shock for everyone.

i'm sorry for your loss! your family is in our prayers!

I am sorry to hear this. Prayers for your family.

I am stunned to read this! I have known their family for years and know that she was a wonderful lady. As sad as it makes me feel for the family, I know that she is in a better place and that her faith in God was very real, personal, and lived out throughout her life. No doubt, she will be missed, but I also know that she'll be enjoying singing in the heavenly choir. Thoughts and prayers to you all... Jr, Shelia, Barry, Lori and all your family... big hugs to you all.

My heart breaks to know I will not hear Elberta sing again. I visited her Church many times and loved to hear her sing and play the piano. My prayers are with Jr. and all the family. I am glad they are such a wonderful Christian family, they will soon realize God needed her in Heaven to sing His praises. Yet, I know their grief, as we want to hold on to our loved ones forever. God bless them all.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words. I will certainly let the family know that Elberta is remembered so fondly by so many. Please continue to send happy thoughts our way. The next two days are going to be very difficult for Jr, and the Children.

This was my grandmama,actually my husbands but she was the only grandmama I've ever had, so I claim her as mine. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. This is a very hard time for all of us. The one thing that grandmama would have wanted to know is that she will see all of us again. Even through this granddaddy said tonight please make sure that everything is right with you and the Lord so you will all see her again. I'm so thankful for the time He gave us with her. Thank you all again.

This was my grandmama,actually my husbands but she was the only grandmama I've ever had, so I claim her as mine. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. This is a very hard time for all of us. The one thing that grandmama would have wanted to know is that she will see all of us again. Even through this granddaddy said tonight please make sure that everything is right with you and the Lord so you will all see her again. I'm so thankful for the time He gave us with her. Thank you all again.

I am so sorry your family is going through this.

She was a fine Christian lady.

Rest in Peace Elberta.

The Parks family

Thanks to all who came to the funeral home. There was so many people!! I knew my Grandmother was a wonderful woman,but I didn't know how many lives she had touched. She was such a sweet, wonderful,Godly,loving Mother, Grandmother, Greatgrandmother, Sister,and Friend. She was my BEST FRIEND. I depended more on her than I did my own Mom, and my Mom is a wonderful person too, but me nor my Grandmother worked so we depended on each other for almost everything. I miss her dearly, her death was so sudden but I know God has a master plan and he took her for a reason. I thank GOD for all his GRACE through this hard time. He has covered our whole family with his rainbow of grace. All Grandmother worried about was that all her family and friends would accept the Lord into their hearts as she did when she was a little girl. She was just the Best and I hope that I can be just like her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep our family(the Atcheson family) in your prayers!!!! We can use All the prayers we can get through this difficult time. Thanks agian for all everyone has done. May God Bless each and everyone of you!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you Gammy,

Jessie, Hannah, Jeff, Samantha & Sara

Edited by angel025