Paulding.com

At first the dispatcher said possible entrapment, then no entrapment. Also said possible signal 48. Occupants are unresponsive. I do not know how many vehicles are involved or what kind. I will keep listening.

The accident is in the westbound lanes of 278 right in front of Locklear Circle.

They are turning traffic at Willow Springs.

278 westbound is shut down.

Engine 1 on scene.

I think they said they are taking one to the hospital. The transmission was hard to understand.

Family members of the people in the white mini van involved in the accident are on scene. SO said they will let them know where they are going to be transported. No way for them to get to the accident scene.

Edited by gwilli8866
Family members of the people in the white mini van involved in the accident are on scene. SO said they will let them know where they are going to be transported. No way for them to get to the accident scene.

Thanks for the post. I didn't understand what they said.

Yes, it is a second accident. A rear-ender somewhere in the traffic.

Something was also said about a tractor trailer. They are wanting to let the ones with heavy loads go on through.

Ultimately, they are going to be sending everybody down the eastbound lanes.

They are letting the tractor trailers that are empty use the shoulder of the road to get around this - said that the ones that are loaded with heavy loads can't make it - they are using one lane of 278 westbound for eastbound traffic to get some of it cleared out. SO is walking this route looking for the rear end accident that occured in the backup

Edited by gwilli8866

Still working the scene - one confirmed 10-48 and others have injuries

DOT is on scene - putting out detour signs

Flashing hazard lights sitting in the median is the witness to the original accident

SO 116 - send driver up to officer ( didn't get his number)

anyone know what happened with the first one?

46 yo woman from Kennesaw was traveling 278 wb on the wrong side of the road and hit a truck going eb head on. The lady did not make it and from what I understand the 2 in the other were released from the hospital before X-Mas. Happened 12-22

278 shut down at Willow Springs - let the red trans am on thru to SO197 (this is the witness) No family members are to be allowed.

Correction- the red trans a is an family member of one involved in the accident so he will not be allowed - tell them to go to Paulding Hosp. that is where he was transported to

Edited by gwilli8866

They want the red Trans Am to be let through. He is a witness. The SO said NO to allowing any family members through.

The red Trans Am is a family member. Family members are also in a white van. Injured was transported to Paulding.

The road is completely shut down at Willow Springs. No westbound traffic is moving.

46 yo woman from Kennesaw was traveling 278 wb on the wrong side of the road and hit a truck going eb head on. The lady did not make it and from what I understand the 2 in the other were released from the hospital before X-Mas. Happened 12-22

There has been another MVA with a fatality around 6:20 p.m. today.

They want the red Trans Am to be let through. He is a witness. The SO said NO to allowing any family members through.

The red Trans Am is a family member. Family members are also in a white van. Injured was transported to Paulding.

The road is completely shut down at Willow Springs. No westbound traffic is moving.

There has been another MVA with a fatality around 6:20 p.m. today.

Where was this one? This is so sad :(

Still working the scene - one confirmed 10-48 and others have injuries

DOT is on scene - putting out detour signs

Flashing hazard lights sitting in the median is the witness to the original accident

SO 116 - send driver up to officer ( didn't get his number)

I stepped away for dinner, where is there a traffic light in that area? Or were you repeating the signal 48?

Oh, OK...I'm listening now, but I didn't realize there was a traffic signal there...thanks

The SO didn't say anything about a traffic signal - I am confused

The flashing lights they are talking about are the emergency flashers on the witness vehicle and on the secondard 10-50 that occured in the backup

Oh, No CODE 48 (or Signal) is deceased. Got it now...but 10-48 is traffic light out ;) ...but, I've figured it out now...there was a death, not a signal light out...thanks

That's right - confusing sometimes - I should have said Signal 48 I guess sorry for the confusion