Paulding.com

Dot Proctor, age 65, of Rockmart (Paulding County), passed away on Thursday, December 20, 2007. A native of Paulding County, she was born on May 3, 1942, to the late Ernest Stanley Camp & Thelma Camp.

Mrs. Proctor enjoyed gardening and sports of all kinds, including drag racing, which she loved watching with her grandchildren. She enjoyed spending time with her family and took pride in helping others. Mrs. Proctor was a homemaker and she was a member of Yorkville Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 48 years, Tommy Proctor, Jr. of Rockmart; sons & daughters-in-law, Lee Proctor & wife Karen of Dallas, Steve Proctor & Linda Merchant of Dallas, and Todd Proctor & wife Nikki of Dallas; five grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, December 22, 2007, at 11:00am, from Clark Funeral Home, with Reverend Hershel Tibbitts, Reverend Roger Chappell, and Reverend Andy Fennell officiating.

Interment will follow in Yorkville Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements

I am so sad to hear this - Dot was truly a great, yet very humble, woman who was so totally devoted to her family and I know they will miss her terribly. She never used to miss a cheerleading practice or game when her granddaughther was cheering with my daughter - she truly was as devoted to her grandchildren as she was to her children. RIP Dot.

I have never been so sad as when I heard this. One of the sweetest funniest persons I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, how could I not be crazy about someone who several years ago named their kitten after my son? My how we laughed about that just a few days ago. I will miss her so very much. My condolences to her family.

I've known Miss Dot almost all my life .She was a great woman and friend to all who knew her.She was never in to much of a rush to stop and talk to anyone she knew.

What a shock when I got the news last night of her passing,My thoughts and prayers are with this family.

Mama Proctor was the BEST......She always had something cooking no matter what time of day all us Football Players

would show up.....And she always had a KIND word for everyone....Todd would invite us all over to there house and she always

welcomed us with open arms.............GOD MAKES EVERYONE SPECIAL.........BUT MADE HER EXTRA SPECIAL..............

SHE WILL BE MISSED..........

REST IN PEACE

To the Proctor Family:

We are so sorry to hear about this. We are sorry that we did not hear sooner as we would have come to pay our respects as we had alot of respect for this wonder lady. She was a GRACIOUS and LOVELY lady. She met no stranger and always made you feel a special love from her.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with Mr Proctor and the family during this time.

The Allens

Hello everyone, this is Dot's grandaughter Stephanie. I would like to say thank you to everyone on the behalf of my whole family. It means so much to us that our Momma Dot meant so much to so many people. We were floored by how many people came to her viewing. She would have never believed it. Thank you so so much.

With love-

The Proctor Family

Dot Proctor, age 65, of Rockmart (Paulding County), passed away on Thursday, December 20, 2007. A native of Paulding County, she was born on May 3, 1942, to the late Ernest Stanley Camp & Thelma Camp.

Mrs. Proctor enjoyed gardening and sports of all kinds, including drag racing, which she loved watching with her grandchildren. She enjoyed spending time with her family and took pride in helping others. Mrs. Proctor was a homemaker and she was a member of Yorkville Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 48 years, Tommy Proctor, Jr. of Rockmart; sons & daughters-in-law, Lee Proctor & wife Karen of Dallas, Steve Proctor & Linda Merchant of Dallas, and Todd Proctor & wife Nikki of Dallas; five grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, December 22, 2007, at 11:00am, from Clark Funeral Home, with Reverend Hershel Tibbitts, Reverend Roger Chappell, and Reverend Andy Fennell officiating.

Interment will follow in Yorkville Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements

From the Paulding County Class of 1978: We send our deepest sympathies to our fellow graduates (Linda and Lee) and their families.

post-982-1198631383_thumb.jpg