Paulding.com

Robert Garland Kirkham, age 76, of Dallas, passed away on Thursday, December 6, 2007. The son of the late Claude G. & Mildred Irene Kirkham, he was born on December 14, 1930, in Drayton Plains, Michigan. Mr. Kirkham was a U. S. Army/Air Force veteran of World War II. He attended Oakland Community College, Pontiac Police Academy and New Mexico Police Academy. Mr. Kirkham was a police officer in Albuquerque, New Mexico for 10-15 years and retired as a police officer in Pontiac, Michigan, after serving there from 1963-1982. He loved golf and fishing and was a member of the PPOA, FOP, American Legion, Optimist Club and Elks Club.

Survivors include his wife, Sonia Katherine Kirkham of Dallas; sons, Robert Garland Kirkham, II of Dallas, Michael Lee Kirkham of Rome, and William Robbins Kirkham of Dallas; and seven grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 10, 2007, from Clark Funeral Home, at 11:00am, with Reverend Johnny Simpson officiating. Interment will follow at 2:00 p.m. in the Georgia National Cemetery in Canton. The family will recieve friends at Clark Funeral Home on Sunday, December 9, 2007 5-6pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

Thank you Clark Funeral home for not only posting this for Bob, but for having such a loving heart and kind words. I miss him dearly.

To my "favorite grump" I hope you enjoy your "lei" from me...;) Make sure you tell St. Peter all of your jokes, including the one about the Christmas tree angel. Every year that I set her atop my tree, I'll think of you dear friend.

I'll keep Sonja and Austin safe. I know you're watching over us. ;)

RIP I'll see you again.

I love you grump. :) And Alden sends his love and asked if you'd tell Jesus hi. :)

I had the honor of having Mr. Kirkham as one of my patients, and a more gracious gentleman one could never hope to meet.

Because I too was a cop in the United States Air Force specializing in cryptography, he and I had many conversations about his own career and he never failed to recognize me by name whenever he had a need to be seen by us.

Even though it is at a time when they are at their sickest, we who work in your ER have our favorite patients, and he was one of mine.

Rest in peace, Sir.

Bill Craig, CRT

I had the honor of having Mr. Kirkham as one of my patients, and a more gracious gentleman one could never hope to meet.

Because I too was a cop in the United States Air Force specializing in cryptography, he and I had many conversations about his own career and he never failed to recognize me by name whenever he had a need to be seen by us.

Even though it is at a time when they are at their sickest, we who work in your ER have our favorite patients, and he was one of mine.

Rest in peace, Sir.

Bill Craig, CRT

Thank you bill. Please sign his guestbook. His wife would love to read your words. God Bless.

http://www.samclarkfuneralhome.com/ and click on his name in the "most recent obituaries"