Paulding.com

I regret to inform that Mr. Lamar Hunton, long-time employee of the Paulding County Sheriff's Dept. has passed away. He apparently suffered a massive heart attack. He was a wonderful family man who loved his family dearly and devoted any time he wasn't serving this county to them. Besides serving this community as an officer of the law, Lamar also served his country as a young man in the United States Marine Corp and spent many years working for the youth of the community at California Baseball and North Paulding Football. Funeral arrangements will be made today at Clark Funeral Home. Our prayers go out to his family, co-workers and friends.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Cops for Kids in Lamar Huntons name; Paulding Co. Sheriffs Office, 247 Industrial Way N, Dallas, GA 30132, Attn: Clay Thomason. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

This is a very good idea. (I copied it from the thread from Clark's.)

Guest publisher

I'm truely sad to hear that Lamar Hunton has passed.

I've known him for close to 15 years and he was a straight-up guy that I often visited with just to get his opinion. I saw him last on the square at the July 20 election block party.

Death comes like a thief in the night. He will be missed.

I heard this come over the scanner last night while i was on another call. i did not know it was the major till later. this was a big shocker for all of us to hear. i have talked to alot of deputys today about it and they were all torn over this. i want to express my prayers for the family and the people who worked with him closely. he worked in the jail and was really good at what he did he was an example in this community and i am sad to see this happen to such a good man.

kay

Today's motorcycle ride to benifit the Ga. Sheriff's Youth Homes has been renamed to the "Lamar Hunton Memorial Ride". This ride was to be the first annual ride and has been planned for several monthe. This is a super way to remember Lamar! One of the deputies bought Lamar's bike some months ago and will be at the head of the ride on Lamar's bike. His family was asked and gave permission for the rename.

The ride is registering at the park n ride on 61 & 278 at 8:30 and will leave for Carter's Lake Dam at 10:00. Lots of very sad and heavy hearted Sheriff's Office employees will participate. I'm sure the beautiful ride will give riders time to reflect on the life of Lamar, the impact he made on this county, and how much he'll be missed.

Major Hunton was an asset to the Paulding County Sheriffs Office and will be sorely missed by them and the Citizens of Paulding County...my thoughts and prayers are with his family, and his extended family in the Paulding County Sheriffs Office, for their loss...May God give them Peace and Grace.