Paulding.com

Our family lost a very special young lady to a tragic car accident. My cousin was someone with so many wonderful gifts. She was on her way home from college for her sister's birthday. She was just 18, Saledictorian of her class and on full scholarship for college. She was loving, could sing and was very artistic. We really only got to know each other last year due to our grandfather's illness and then his passing. I got to spend so much quality time with her and my grandfather before he passed away last year. I will always treasure the gift of time I got to spend with her. She was a young lady with an old sole. She never met a stranger and saw the good in everyone. She was going to school to help people with mental disorders. I know that she would have been awesome at this because of her many gifts. I was unable to attend her funeral; however my sister said that over 700 hundred people showed up at her church. My bother and I want to carry on her legacy by trying to do a fund raiser, food drive and toys for tots in her name. As we know that helping people was her gift. We want to do this in her honor and for her faith in GOD. I know she is in heaven and that even though we may not know the reason for her going God does. I will miss you little girl, as I have a piece of you with me, a piece of my heart is with you.

Love Jennifer

For any who would like more information on donations please send me message.

jabbaranowsky@bellsouth.net

Her date of birth was December 17, 1988, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by jennygirl
I thought I knew her because the Title said 1986, which would make her 21 in December (my age)...but the post says she's 18 so maybe I don't. Either way, I'm very sorry for your loss. So sad to lose someone so young. :(

You are right I am not in my right mind. I will fix that. Thanks Jennifer

Prayers for your family jennygirl

I read about this the other day. It was a horrible accident.

Do you have any updates on the young man who was in the car with her?

There was no one else in the car. She lived in Illinios. Thanks for all the support.

Yes, Illinois.

Hilliker’s passenger, Kevin McKenna, 19, of 772 Schooner Lane. Elk Grove Village, was in critical condition at Delnor-Community Hospital in Geneva.

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2007/1...f0121537504.txt

I did not know, I was not told that. Thank you for sharing this. I will make it a point to find out. Thank you for sending me this link. I really appreciate it. Love Jennifer

I did not know, I was not told that. Thank you for sharing this. I will make it a point to find out. Thank you for sending me this link. I really appreciate it. Love Jennifer

You're welcome :)

If you find an update on him, could you let us know?

Edited by Armymom
Our family lost a very special young lady to a tragic car accident. My cousin was someone with so many wonderful gifts. She was on her way home from college for her sister's birthday. She was just 18, Saledictorian of her class and on full scholarship for college. She was loving, could sing and was very artistic. We really only got to know each other last year due to our grandfather's illness and then his passing. I got to spend so much quality time with her and my grandfather before he passed away last year. I will always treasure the gift of time I got to spend with her. She was a young lady with an old sole. She never met a stranger and saw the good in everyone. She was going to school to help people with mental disorders. I know that she would have been awesome at this because of her many gifts. I was unable to attend her funeral; however my sister said that over 700 hundred people showed up at her church. My bother and I want to carry on her legacy by trying to do a fund raiser, food drive and toys for tots in her name. As we know that helping people was her gift. We want to do this in her honor and for her faith in GOD. I know she is in heaven and that even though we may not know the reason for her going God does. I will miss you little girl, as I have a piece of you with me, a piece of my heart is with you.

Love Jennifer

For any who would like more information on donations please send me message.

jabbaranowsky@bellsouth.net

Her date of birth was December 17, 1988, sorry for the confusion.

Carrie Hilliker (18) died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident

Published: Nov 12, 2007 @ 8:54 PM

Your Ad Here

Carrie Hilliker (18)

Date: Nov 09, 2007

Cause of Death: Automobile Accident

URL: go to their myspace

Advertise on this site An 18-year-old woman from Bradley died Friday night after her car was involved in a crash at Route 38 and Meredith Road.

Carrie Hilliker was airlifted from the scene shortly after the crash Friday evening, but she died at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, Kane County Sheriff's police said Saturday.

Hilliker's passenger, Kevin McKenna, 19, of 772 Schooner Lane. Elk Grove Village, was in critical condition at Delnor-Community Hospital in Geneva.

The Kane County Sheriff's office still is investigating the crash, which happened about 5:35 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Meredith Road and Route 38 in unicorporated Virgil Township.

Lt. Pat Gengler, the sheriff's department spokesman, said the crash was the third at the intersection in recent months.

St. Charles police Officers Vaughn Olson and Michael Griesbaum both were injured severely at the intersection in a July 14 crash. Olson, 41, later died of a blood clot while recovering from his injuries. Another accident had occurred earlier that day as well, Gengler said.

The initial investigation indicates that Hilliker's Toyota Corolla was headed north on Meredith Road when she pulled through the intersection onto Route 38.

"For some reason, she entered the intersection and that kind of started a chain of events," Gengler said.

The Corolla was struck by a Mitsubishi Gallant driven by Sarah Wade, 34, of Elgin. The Corolla then was hit by a 2001 Freightliner semi truck driven by Dawn Banach, 50, of Fennville, Mich.

Both Wade and Banach tried to swerve to avoid the collision, Gengler said. The Gallant struck the rear of the Corolla while the semi truck struck the driver's side.

Hilliker and McKenna both were freed from the Corolla, Gengler said.

Banach and Wade were treated at the scene and released.

No citations had been issued, and drugs or alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.

The Meredith Road-Route 38 intersection does not have a signal regulating traffic. Stop signs are present on Meredith Road northbound and southbound. There are no stop signs or other traffic-control devices for east and westbound traffic on Route 38.

Gengler said the intersection was known to be a problem and the sheriff's department has been working to reduce the dangers.

"This is just a another step toward stepping up that process," Gengler said.

Related Article(s): Teen dies after Virgil Township crash

Carrie Hilliker (18) died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident

Published: Nov 12, 2007 @ 8:54 PM

Your Ad Here

Carrie Hilliker (18)

Date: Nov 09, 2007

Cause of Death: Automobile Accident

URL: go to their myspace

Advertise on this site An 18-year-old woman from Bradley died Friday night after her car was involved in a crash at Route 38 and Meredith Road.

Carrie Hilliker was airlifted from the scene shortly after the crash Friday evening, but she died at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, Kane County Sheriff's police said Saturday.

Hilliker's passenger, Kevin McKenna, 19, of 772 Schooner Lane. Elk Grove Village, was in critical condition at Delnor-Community Hospital in Geneva.

The Kane County Sheriff's office still is investigating the crash, which happened about 5:35 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Meredith Road and Route 38 in unicorporated Virgil Township.

Lt. Pat Gengler, the sheriff's department spokesman, said the crash was the third at the intersection in recent months.

St. Charles police Officers Vaughn Olson and Michael Griesbaum both were injured severely at the intersection in a July 14 crash. Olson, 41, later died of a blood clot while recovering from his injuries. Another accident had occurred earlier that day as well, Gengler said.

The initial investigation indicates that Hilliker's Toyota Corolla was headed north on Meredith Road when she pulled through the intersection onto Route 38.

"For some reason, she entered the intersection and that kind of started a chain of events," Gengler said.

The Corolla was struck by a Mitsubishi Gallant driven by Sarah Wade, 34, of Elgin. The Corolla then was hit by a 2001 Freightliner semi truck driven by Dawn Banach, 50, of Fennville, Mich.

Both Wade and Banach tried to swerve to avoid the collision, Gengler said. The Gallant struck the rear of the Corolla while the semi truck struck the driver's side.

Hilliker and McKenna both were freed from the Corolla, Gengler said.

Banach and Wade were treated at the scene and released.

No citations had been issued, and drugs or alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.

The Meredith Road-Route 38 intersection does not have a signal regulating traffic. Stop signs are present on Meredith Road northbound and southbound. There are no stop signs or other traffic-control devices for east and westbound traffic on Route 38.

Gengler said the intersection was known to be a problem and the sheriff's department has been working to reduce the dangers.

"This is just a another step toward stepping up that process," Gengler said.

Related Article(s): Teen dies after Virgil Township crash

Does anyone know how to down load a picture of her for me? The picture they put in the paper was absolutely beautiful. Thanks

so sorry to hear of your loss......but the Lord sent her here on a mission and has now called her home.....and by the sounds of it her mission was a success. No one truly knows the right thing to say about right now but i really believe that one day it will be revealed to you her true purpose. She was absolutely beautiful.........but what i saw when i saw her picture was a loving spirit.....how wonderful to have been a part of her life even be it a short time.........not everyone has the privilege to be touched by an angel and realize it until later on down the road......you were truly blessed to have that opportunity.

so sorry to hear of your loss......but the Lord sent her here on a mission and has now called her home.....and by the sounds of it her mission was a success. No one truly knows the right thing to say about right now but i really believe that one day it will be revealed to you her true purpose. She was absolutely beautiful.........but what i saw when i saw her picture was a loving spirit.....how wonderful to have been a part of her life even be it a short time.........not everyone has the privilege to be touched by an angel and realize it until later on down the road......you were truly blessed to have that opportunity.

Thank you to both of you for posting her photos and all of the support. She was absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jennifer

Prayers for your family jennygirl

I read about this the other day. It was a horrible accident.

Do you have any updates on the young man who was in the car with her?

I spoke with my Aunt last night and heard that some prayers have been answered for him. She let me know that his MRI came back and it looks like his brain is okay. He did fracture his neck, they said that it will take about three months. He can move his fingers and toes. They think that he will be able to get around okay also. Thanks for all the concern and love. Jennifer