Paulding.com

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took some pictures as well...but they show how big this thing really was!

Hubby and I had just backed into a parking space at O'Charley's for lunch… when I saw a small line of smoke going straight up. It was so small it looked as though it was the kind of smoke coming from a fire in those metal barrels. I pointed it out to hubby and said people should not even burn in those right now with the water shortage. Then hubby turned his head around to finish backing up in our spot. I kept looking at the smoke when all of the sudden this HUGE at least 100 foot wide billow of black smoke rolled out from the top of the trees with a fireball peeking out through it. I scream "OMG! Something just blew up!" He turned his head back around to look at it again. Every second…I mean EVERY second… the black smoke wad got bigger and Bigger! Hubby put the truck in drive and said "Let's check this out!" We drive over to Rosedale Road and see a big barn in the backyard of a house on fire…. flames just jumping out everywhere. There was no car in the driveway… but there was a child's rocking horse out front. Hubby and I were both in disbelief because we were the only car on Rosedale at that time and still heard No fire trucks…sirens …nothing. For a spilt second I though…"Maybe this is a controlled demonstration burn." (Like I said …it was a spilt-fleeing second)

We turned back around, to go back by the fire, and it still seemed… desolate on the road. as if we were the only ones who were seeing this unfold. The whole time I was trying to call 911. I never got through…it was as if there was no signal or something. Then Hubby starts driving back to O'Charleys; when I asked him to go behind Sam's and see if we can see anything from there. He does and there were 2 people back there at the time looking through the woods at the fire. I asked hubby to park and he did. We hopped out with a small camera in tow. We watched the fire and heard a few small explosions (like maybe a small gas grill tank) and the sounds of a tin roof buckling. We took a few pictures… then turned around, (looking back towards our truck) to find it was slap full of parked cars and trucks and a line of more wrapped around the side of Sam's. There was probably 50 or so people walking towards us to get a look too. Hubby a I decide to head out before we get blocked in. We finally weaved through the people and cars, when I saw another opening in the trees with a better view of the chicken coop. I asked hubby to drop me back off and I would catch up with him around the front of Sam's.

I jumped out walk over to take 2 pictures when I hear a guy behind ask… "What's on fire?" . I finish one more shot as I am turning around to answer the gentleman who asked the question. I find the warm eyes and bright smile of my friend TBAR! I give him a hug while his was on the phone and told him how it unfolded from my end.

What a wild afternoon!

Hubby says… Sup, TBAR?<---cept he said your real name. *winks*

869o8r7.jpg

I guess that explains the helicopter at Hiram High. I noticed alot of kids running out the back lately. Yesterday in fact at least 3 ran into the subdivision over the hill instead of on the street. Like they won't get caught skipping. Anyway seen the smoke like it was really close to the school. Thought it was a vehicle fire then maybe a truck on fire. Heard some explosions too. All the kids just stood out and watched it. Little did they know that their classmates were involved. I told them there goes a ton of water to put that one out.

Isn't there a "shortcut" on the Hiram campus down behind the football field that leads down to the tracks by old Hiram? Would this be the route the kids took? Seems like the county should seal off that route. That's a real security concern for the school campus.

Or, actually create a road there that makes it more public and "open"-- and that would lessen the congestion on Ballentine and remove the "shadowy area".

Edited by Mikey
the other juvenile has short hair, last name freeman, 14 yrs of age-------------

, the other 14 yr olds last name is stockwell- he is wearing black hoodie and black jeans, with longer hair- white male

this is a perfect description of a kid I taught last year (last name Stockwell)--- <_<

I wish I could say I'm shocked :(

Carley (6YO) said Mr.Wilder announced that no one could leave their classrooms for any reason due to a fire outside

but it didn't seem to affect the little ones.

I :wub: Mr. Wilder. IF he was a principal at the middle school level I'd totally go work for him! (he ain't too bad to look at either :blush: )

this is a perfect description of a kid I taught last year (last name Stockwell)--- <_<

I :wub: Mr. Wilder. IF he was a principal at the middle school level I'd totally go work for him! (he ain't too bad to look at either :blush: )

Would that be Paul Wilder? He was at PB Ritch last year. He is a really nice guy and good with the kids.

is he single :ph34r:

Isn't there a "shortcut" on the Hiram campus down behind the football field that leads down to the tracks by old Hiram? Would this be the route the kids took? Seems like the county should seal off that route. That's a real security concern for the school campus.

Or, actually create a road there that makes it more public and "open"-- and that would lessen the congestion on Ballentine and remove the "shadowy area".

I am not sure if there is a shortcut there, I never looked. But maybe a fence barrier of some sort to deter them. I know they can jump a fence but its getting a bit easier for them to leave with that subdivision there now. Once the people move in there, I am sure there will be many calls of the kids running through their yards.

It seems it could be the way they took. If they skipped school and was present part of the day, its an awful long walk to Sam's from the school.

I took some pictures as well...but they show how big this thing really was!

Hubby and I had just backed into a parking space at O'Charley's for lunch… when I saw a small line of smoke going straight up. It was so small it looked as though it was the kind of smoke coming from a fire in those metal barrels. I pointed it out to hubby and said people should not even burn in those right now with the water shortage. Then hubby turned his head around to finish backing up in our spot. I kept looking at the smoke when all of the sudden this HUGE at least 100 foot wide billow of black smoke rolled out from the top of the trees with a fireball peeking out through it. I scream "OMG! Something just blew up!" He turned his head back around to look at it again. Every second…I mean EVERY second… the black smoke wad got bigger and Bigger! Hubby put the truck in drive and said "Let's check this out!" We drive over to Rosedale Road and see a big barn in the backyard of a house on fire…. flames just jumping out everywhere. There was no car in the driveway… but there was a child's rocking horse out front. Hubby and I were both in disbelief because we were the only car on Rosedale at that time and still heard No fire trucks…sirens …nothing. For a spilt second I though…"Maybe this is a controlled demonstration burn." (Like I said …it was a spilt-fleeing second)

We turned back around, to go back by the fire, and it still seemed… desolate on the road. as if we were the only ones who were seeing this unfold. The whole time I was trying to call 911. I never got through…it was as if there was no signal or something. Then Hubby starts driving back to O'Charleys; when I asked him to go behind Sam's and see if we can see anything from there. He does and there were 2 people back there at the time looking through the woods at the fire. I asked hubby to park and he did. We hopped out with a small camera in tow. We watched the fire and heard a few small explosions (like maybe a small gas grill tank) and the sounds of a tin roof buckling. We took a few pictures… then turned around, (looking back towards our truck) to find it was slap full of parked cars and trucks and a line of more wrapped around the side of Sam's. There was probably 50 or so people walking towards us to get a look too. Hubby a I decide to head out before we get blocked in. We finally weaved through the people and cars, when I saw another opening in the trees with a better view of the chicken coop. I asked hubby to drop me back off and I would catch up with him around the front of Sam's.

I jumped out walk over to take 2 pictures when I hear a guy behind ask… "What's on fire?" . I finish one more shot as I am turning around to answer the gentleman who asked the question. I find the warm eyes and bright smile of my friend TBAR! I give him a hug while his was on the phone and told him how it unfolded from my end.

What a wild afternoon!

Hubby says… Sup, TBAR?

869o8r7.jpg

thanks for sharing this report and pictures