Paulding.com

Good grief! I know that the repo man has a job to do, but you would think that knowing this could turn into a volatile situation they would have common sense enough not to do this at an elementary school.

Yeah no kidding. At least could have waited until school was out.

I always thought Repo Men worked at night :wacko:

Yeah no kidding. At least could have waited until school was out.

I always thought Repo Men worked at night :wacko:

Perhaps the car being repo'd is being hidden at night so as to NOT be repo'd. Perhaps at work is the only place they can catch up with the perp.

I posted this a few weeks ago and my only real good REPO story:

When I was in high school, I drove repos for a banker friend. He referred to it as "nailing deadbeats." He'd call me and say "freebird, do you have some time today to help me nail a deadbeat?" I'd say yeah because it was easy money and every once in a while the car wasn't a junker.

Well, until the time I got shot at.

I haven't nailed a deadbeat since....

When I was in high school, I drove repos for a banker friend. He referred to it as "nailing deadbeats." He'd call me and say "freebird, do you have some time today to help me nail a deadbeat?" I'd say yeah because it was easy money and every once in a while the car wasn't a junker.

:o :lol:

I had an old boyfriend that used to go out repo-ing with his brother. He'd don an outfit similar to a movie like bank robber (black clothes, hoody and a black toboggan hat) and say "goodnight! off to work!" and sneak away in the night.

He got shot at too, and had to beat some guy off of him with a bat once.. he quit soon after :lol:

I have a niece that works at a finance company and she has to go out and reposess things....whether it's a car or a house. She loves it. I was shocked when she told me what she does because she's one of those small petite type and I didn't think she had enough nerve to tell someone 'boo' much less 'hand me the keys'.

Aren't some of them also perps because they know they're behind on the payments but they don't bother to call and work out arrangements. They think it's easier to hide.

I guess that could be left open to interpretation. ;)

I went back and listened to the archive - 10-62 (threat) to 10-60 (shoot) the repo man and break out all the windows in the repo man's vehicle. Apparently there were kids in the vehicle as it was being hooked up and hauled away.

If there were kids in my vehicle they were repo-ing, I'd probably threaten them, too! Kidnapping!

I went back and listened to the archive - 10-62 (threat) to 10-60 (shoot) the repo man and break out all the windows in the repo man's vehicle. Apparently there were kids in the vehicle as it was being hooked up and hauled away.

I'd so wave and say "You'll be back" :p

I went out two nights and the 2nd night we got shot at, that was enough for me. I also did it for office equipment and those usually got confrontational. I had a few shoving matches and got chased out of the merchandise mart carrying a desktop copier. The guy waiting outside laughed all the way back to the office. I went in on one side and came out on another. He kept circling the building and came up on me running down the road with the copier. I am surprised we never got arrested as we did not do it legally, if they did not pay we just went in and got it. Bruce