Paulding.com

I couldn't agree more!

If your hubby posted that, and yes that was the post I was talking about, then my apologies to you.

However, even for him, it doesn't matter. If you are on the interstate or not, it's no excuse. I don't buy in to the whole

"If you don't do 75mph, you'll get run over".

If you want advice on slowing people down, call the authorities. Let them handle it.

If you don't see a response, call again, and again, and again. It may be a hassle, but after a while, they'll get the idea

that you want something done. If necessary, call the PD or SO (whichever jurisdiction it is) as ask to speak to the commander of the road patrol.

Tell them what is going on and request something be done. If that doesn't work, go higher in the chain.

Go all the way to the Sheriff or Police Chief if you have too... Call your commissioners and complain.... keep complaining.

I see so many people come on this forum and complain, but that's all anyone ever does.

I rarely see anyone take any action... in my opinion (not towards you at all), most people are too lazy to take action. It's easier to complain on a web forum.

I always hear people say "Speeding doesn't kill." Well, that's right, it doesn't.

But the lack of skill and knowledge of how to handle a car during an emergency situation or driving outside ones skill level DOES.

As I said, all too many people drive outside their skill level. They THINK they can handle a car and they THINK they are good enough drivers

to be able to handle the speeds they drive... but they aren't.

I have proven to several people on several occasions that they aren't as good with a car as they think they are.

I race professionally. I can handle a car. However, I can't handle the other people out there who think they can.

I KNOW what I can do on the track, but I also know what I cannot control when I'm on a public roadway. Too bad the majority of others don't.

Until we get people properly trained in driving, make them understand that they are not invincible, make them understand they can't control a car as well

as the THINK they can, make them pay attention to their driving rather than reading the newspaper, talking on the cell phone, looking for the baby bottle in the back seat,

all while driving, nothing is going to change.

We need more strict driving tests.

We need more police officers to nail these people who think they are above the law.

We need more harsh punishment for people who get nailed.

And we need to give these people limits, just like drunk driving. 3 strikes and you're out.

Start writing your congressmen and senators. Let them know of the problems that exists and what you want done about it.

We have a representative government (although it's lame sometimes)... our representatives don't know what you want unless you are willing to speak up.

... and that doesn't go for just this... That's for anything you think the government needs to know or do something about.

We elect and pay these people to listen to US. Without our input, they either do what they think or want because they don't know what the people want.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your hubby posted that, and yes that was the post I was talking about, then my apologies to you.

However, even for him, it doesn't matter. If you are on the interstate or not, it's no excuse. I don't buy in to the whole

"If you don't do 75mph, you'll get run over".

If you want advice on slowing people down, call the authorities. Let them handle it.

If you don't see a response, call again, and again, and again. It may be a hassle, but after a while, they'll get the idea

that you want something done. If necessary, call the PD or SO (whichever jurisdiction it is) as ask to speak to the commander of the road patrol.

Tell them what is going on and request something be done. If that doesn't work, go higher in the chain.

Go all the way to the Sheriff or Police Chief if you have too... Call your commissioners and complain.... keep complaining.

I see so many people come on this forum and complain, but that's all anyone ever does.

I rarely see anyone take any action... in my opinion (not towards you at all), most people are too lazy to take action. It's easier to complain on a web forum.

I always hear people say "Speeding doesn't kill." Well, that's right, it doesn't.

But the lack of skill and knowledge of how to handle a car during an emergency situation or driving outside ones skill level DOES.

As I said, all too many people drive outside their skill level. They THINK they can handle a car and they THINK they are good enough drivers

to be able to handle the speeds they drive... but they aren't.

I have proven to several people on several occasions that they aren't as good with a car as they think they are.

I race professionally. I can handle a car. However, I can't handle the other people out there who think they can.

I KNOW what I can do on the track, but I also know what I cannot control when I'm on a public roadway. Too bad the majority of others don't.

Until we get people properly trained in driving, make them understand that they are not invincible, make them understand they can't control a car as well

as the THINK they can, make them pay attention to their driving rather than reading the newspaper, talking on the cell phone, looking for the baby bottle in the back seat,

all while driving, nothing is going to change.

We need more strict driving tests.

We need more police officers to nail these people who think they are above the law.

And we need to give these people limits, just like drunk driving. 3 strikes and you're out.

Start writing your congressmen and senators. Let them know of the problems that exists and what you want done about it.

We have a representative government (although it's lame sometimes)... our representatives don't know what you want unless you are willing to speak up.

... and that doesn't go for just this... That's for anything you think the government needs to know or do something about.

We elect and pay these people to listen to US. Without our input, they either do what they think or want because they don't know what the people want.

good post Nitro!!! Thanks for the tips. And trust when I say I will TAKE your advice. SO for all you speeders on 61 and in my"hood" that is I that will be calling the law on ya!!!

What we need is the GA legislature to do away with the red tape in the speed detection laws.

The officer has to be visible for 500ft if running stationary detection is pointless.

Every road has to be surveyed(which can take a long time) before a device can be ran on it is pointless.

Someone has to be going 10mph over to even be stopped by an officer using LIDAR or RADAR. They can drive 14mph over and will not even get points on their license if they are given a ticket.....they can drive 19 over and only receive 2 points.

Make it hurt and they will stop. The "Super speeder" legislation taking effect Jan 1 will hopefully help deter people from speeding.

... We need more strict driving tests.

We have a representative government (although it's lame sometimes)... our representatives don't know what you want unless you are willing to speak up....

Good luck with that one. A number of years ago, when Driver Services was still under DPS and by extension, the GSP, one of the higher-ups stated that they were looking at ways to make the road test more difficult. I nearly dropped my teeth at the idiocy of that statement, because one solution occurred to me right away: raise the passing score! Right now, you can make a 75 on the road test and still pass. A passing score should be AT LEAST 80.

I'll be amazed if it ever happens. The PTB are too afraid of ticking people off. <_<

Your Friendly Neighborhood License Examiner B)

Yes he is. Really great family. They would do anything for you

Hi Mystery,

I know your nieghbor as well, he and I currently have done business at his tire shop. Can you PM me and let me know how I can reach his family. I have his cell number but it obviously turned off.

Mike

404-271-7945

:huh:

If it's my family or friends in the wreck... I'd want to know it as soon as possible.

That might be via phone call... but it might be via Pcom, TV news, radio or scanner.

However I can get that information the quickest, it is most welcome, I assure you.

I wouldn't want to find out about it two days after the fact.

Yeah, I probably would go to the scene.

Either that, or directly to the hospital, if I knew they'd already been transported.

But... if I have an accident on the way there, that has zero to do with where I got my information :rolleyes:

Amen!! Sometimes the family doesn't find out for several hours. The sooner I could find out, the better. I don't care how I find out. If one of my family members or friends is in an accident, I want to know as soon as possible.

As an FYI Pat made it clear that there is no rule forbidding information (vehicle descriptions, etc.) that the poster deems accurate.

I don't think that I'll ever post a name, but "red ford F150" is fair game. I've only ever posted tag numbers for BOLOs and Amber alerts.