Paulding.com

My mom was born in Marietta, GA. at Kennestone Hospital in 1948 Her parents are Marshall and Ruby McTaggart.

They lived off Franklin rd. when Franklin rd. was only farm land. When she was about 15 years old they moved to the community of Elizabeth near Kennestone Hospital.She has 3 brothers [ one only lived for 1 year] and 2 sisters.

She graduated from Sprayberry High School. After high school she worked for Trailways bus lines, and also for Greyhound for about 20 something years. When she left the bus industry, she worked in the insurance field at The Insurance House for about 10 years. Lately she worked in retail at K-Mart and Target. She moved to Paulding in 1997. I was born when she was 22, and she had to raise me alone, because my dad left when I was almost 7 years old. And let me tell you I say she done a wonderful job as a single parent. Enough about history, now let me tell you about her character. I can say she gave me a wonderful childhood. She always made sure I had what I needed and most of the things I wanted even if it meant putting off a bill untill later. She was always so willing to give of herself for me. I can remember she was always my homeroom mom while I was in elementry and middle school. She was also many times PTA member or president. But when I went to high school it was time for mom to back off although she did not want to. As far back as I can remember she has always been willing to drop whatever she was doing to give a helping hand to someone in need. She many times told me you can never out give the Lord.She always thought that if she was kind to everyone, that most everyone would be kind to her, and I believe she was right. So if you want kindness to be around you, be kind to those you are around. My mom went home to be with the Lord on Nov. 1, 2007 Today she is in the presence of her Saviour, and she would love for you to be there also some day. I know she would be willing to tell you the way to heaven, and Christ Jesus is the only way. We laid my mom to rest today, and at her funeral a young girl came to know Christ as her personal Saviour. Praise the Lord!!!!!

My mom was 59 years old when she took her last breath here, from a massive heart attack.

She has 1 son [me] 37, 2 daughters 19 and 21, 1 daughter in-law 33, and 6 grandchildren all of which she loves very much.

She did not have life insurance, so us children paid all funeral costs. If you could help in any way, we have started a benevolence fund at Washington Mutual. All donations can be made to THE CHILDREN OF CAROLYN MCTAGGART.

Thanks with love and may God bless you a thankful son

Thank you for sharing. What a wonderful Mother you had and she,a wonderful son. "To live is Christ but to die is gain"...it sounds like she has surely gained! What a beautiful life and a treasured legacy you now hold and carry on.

Please know that your loss is felt by our entire community.

Many of us looked forward to going through your Mother's line at Target. We knew that we would be met with a smile and some warm words from the heart.

My eldest son had the pleasure of working with your mom, and misses her dearly.

Sincere condolences,

the Sanford family

Edited by NumberCruncher

My sorrow for your loss, but hopefully these notes from so many others tells you what you need to hear. I like so many people enjoyed her warmth and good customer service while she worked at Target. I would choose her over others to check out because of her smile and cheerful demeanor.

What I want to bring to the attention of everyone is that we so seldom "SEE" the people behind the counter, waiting on our tables, fixing our tires, doing what they do everyday to make a living by serving us-the public. I've learned to "SEE" everyone that waits on me in any capacity and recognize them as fellow travelers in a world that doesn't pay attention.

They have the same needs and wants as we do, but we tend to ignore our "service providers" and barely make eye contact or have a word of praise to share for a job well done. Let's make these last days of 2007 a special "human to human" time and learn to say those words we learned as children-THANK YOU, and other words of praise and recognition.

If you've seen the movie PAY IT FORWARD, then you get the picture of my suggestion. What a great tribute to a wonderful woman this would be...so, for all who read this...PAY IT FORWARD...each day, with each service provided to you on the phone, in line at a store-wherever it makes sense to live with gratefulness.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please know her spirit lives on in the memories of many.

"She graduated from Sprayberry High School."

My Mom also went to Sprayberry High School. What was your Mom's maiden name and when did she graduate? I also went to Sprayberry but I graduated from the new building.

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that everyone who reads this will take heed and be kind to those around them.

Thank you so much for posting! Your mom was a rare breed - one of those people who radiated kindness and serenity, whom you could tell was a good person just by walking by. We only spoke with her a couple of times, but we always looked for her when we walked in the door at Target. It was reassuring to see her there. She was so kind to our 3-year-old son when so many others there won't even acknowledge his presence when he says thanks on our way out.

The day she passed on, I was shopping there, and there was a very obvious sorrow hanging over the entire store. I tried on something in the dressing room and noticed employees who were upset. I went through the checkout line and noticed it again. It was so difficult to leave there that day when I asked what was wrong, but how things changed when we all started posting about her!

I couldn't make it to the funeral, but I hope you know that lots more people than were there mourn her loss and celebrate her life. Also, sorry for misspelling her name in the original thread!

--M's Girl