Paulding.com

Hello all,

I am the homeowner, I have plenty of pictures. I am having trouble getting them posted. As soon as I figure out how I will post. I am tired from all the comotion tonight so I am going to bed.

The good news is no one was hurt, not even the dog that was in the backyard. The dog did run but was found.

Wow, I think this needs to go in the p.com record book as most extreme way to get a free p.com membership, don't let anyone scoop ya on the photos! :lol: So, did you read about it on p.com before you knew it was happening to you? :huh:

btw-glad everyone is ok, pools can be fixed! ;)

Edited by Its MR Sarcastic To You
Wow, I think this needs to go in the p.com record book as most extreme way to get a free p.com membership, don't let anyone scoop ya on the photos! :lol: So, did you read about it on p.com before you knew it was happening to you? :huh:

btw-glad everyone is ok, pools can be fixed! ;)

I did not read it first, but everyone that was on when the call came over the scanner, knew about before I did. I was headed out of town when one of my friends called me and told me I needed to turn around because I had a car in my pool. I had friends that kept calling all night because they were reading about it on paulding.com and figured out it was my house.

I have emailed some pictures to Pubby and he will post them along with an interview later today.

A couple of you wanted to know how the car was removed from the pool. I don't think the homeowner will mind me posting these, since some other pics have been posted.

post-11931-1194317705_thumb.jpg

post-11931-1194317722_thumb.jpg

I thought surely they would call in a crane, but apparently a tow truck pulled it out. I cannot imagine the damage done to the pool. This REALLY sucks for the homeowners. I would be super-pissed if I couldn't swim in my pool due to somebody's

ding-dong driving.

Edited by i've_lost_myself

When the pool is drained it will have to be removed with a truck/machine that removes enviromental waste. Because of the circumstances we might be able to refill the pool according to our homeowners insurance. A new liner can not be put back into the pool without water going in it. Once we were able to look at the pool in daylight hours, we noticed that the car actually hit the pool wall thus denting the wall.

We have had one estimate for all of the damage to both the pool and fence and the sum is $15,000 but that will go higher depending on what is found when the water is removed. We are waiting for another estimate. We will not get the report until later this week so we are not even sure if the driver has insurance.

For those that have been to the house and have seen the pool, you know how much I love the waterfall, well it is probally a goner. In some of the pictures that have been posted, you can see the waterfall. Where the car hit the pool wall is under the waterfall and in order to fix the wall the waterfall has to go. All the concrete from the shallow end to the end of the water fall will have to also go inorder to fix the copping on the pool.

As far as how the car was removed, it was done with a crane/cables off of a wrecker meant for big rigs and then put on a flatbed.

A small funny to the whole story.... When looking at the damage on Sunday we noticed golf tees throughout the pool. At first we thought they may have been my husbands but upon looking closer at them we noticed they were not his because they had Go Dawgs on them, he is a Georgia Tech fan. We also noticed there is atleast one golf club in the bottom of the pool. And no Dan and Dave they are not from the summer golf game in the pool.

Pubby will have the more pictures and also the story as to what happened later this week, I talked to him on Saturday.

I know how much you love the waterfall. It's not your fault that it will have to be removed, so I would make DAMN sure that his insurance pays to replace it. Make them put everything back just like it was. Have no mercy on him or his insurance company. hmph. ::crossing arms and making disgusted face::

Are you sure. I kinda sucked at the chip the ball into the floaty game.

That's what happens when you down too much cerveza. :p I'm surprised you actually remember playing. :D

A couple of you wanted to know how the car was removed from the pool. I don't think the homeowner will mind me posting these, since some other pics have been posted.

post-11931-1194317705_thumb.jpg

post-11931-1194317722_thumb.jpg

I thought surely they would call in a crane, but apparently a tow truck pulled it out. I cannot imagine the damage done to the pool. This REALLY sucks for the homeowners. I would be super-pissed if I couldn't swim in my pool due to somebody's

ding-dong driving.

Hey---I know that boom truck and the guy. If anybody could get that car out without damaging the pool---it would be him!!!

From what I was told--the only damage was when a metal chair went into the pool and ripped the liner--I think. And a glass top table also went in.

Still too bad about the pool. Guess somebody's insurance will be paying to redo the pool.