Paulding.com

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone that lives in Burnt Hickory on edge? Especially if we have someone out that is not calling home? Does anyone know the make of the cars involved? Could you pm me? My husband is not home yet and is not answering his phone. He should be here at this time.

Is everyone that lives in Burnt Hickory on edge? Especially if we have someone out that is not calling home? Does anyone know the make of the cars involved? Could you pm me? My husband is not home yet and is not answering his phone. He should be here at this time.

I'm always on edge when I hear sirens, because I'm related to most of Burnt Hickory!

My sister called a while ago, and said she was on her way home from Cartersville. I hope it's not her!

NEw Farm Road is on the right after you turn on DBR, and Hickory Heights church in on the left.

They are detouring traffic onto Cochran Road if that helps any with the location.
I cant recall a Cochran road off of DBR.

PsychoDaughter is passing the wreck right now. Hubby has had computer on ebay and I just saw this. I hit panic mode for a minute. I knew she would be coming home around that time.

My heart goes out to the families. And I am still nervous about mine. We all live around here. Time to call my son.

I understood that Cochran Rd runs off of 61N in the area of Dabbs Bridge.
Ok so it is b-4 dabbs bridge road on hwy 61, I got it. Thanks for the help.The pull out off of the road where Reids plantation is is AWFUL!! I cant recall the name of the road across from Hickory Heights baptist church but you cannot see when pulling out and it sounds ike they are right next to reids plantation.

My son is okay. I still my BIL and his family who live off Dabbs Bridge, my husband's uncle and his family. His cousin and his family. His grandmother. Not to mention the rest of the family who travels from Dabbs Bridge down 61 to their homes.

I HATE hearing about these things.

Please, if anyone has any updates on names, please let me know. Especially if the last names begin with an L or a W.

Thanks!

I will be so happy when PsychoDaughter pulls in the driveway. I know this wasn't her, but I want her home.

PsychoSon and DIL2B are in Taylorsville heading home. They will be there soon too.

These things make me nervous. But I know they are okay right now. I can't start calling the family to see who's home and who isn't.

Cochran Rd is directly across from HGC Rd where it dead ends into 61 at the old "stone" store that sits on the corner.

Cochran Rd is also about 1/2 mile north of School Rd/PCFD station 6. Based on the response time, I think it is the northern intersection as you described.

Can you tell me yes or no about the last names? Either begin with L or W?

Thank you.

I know a lot of people out here, but it'll make me relax about it being my family. And if it is my family, I want to get to the rest of the family before they find out. I have had that first phone call before. I want to be there if needed.

Hubby just got home & it sounds like it is south of Dabbs Bridge off of 61. They had 61 closed and traffic routed to cochran road and back to narroway church to 61.

I came upon this shortly after it had happened and before the emergency workers arrived. It happened right at the intersection of Dabbs Bridge Road and Highway 61. A terrible scene. Prayers go out for all families involved.