Paulding.com

I was coming down 278 this morning through Hiram (not my normal way) and it was crazy. I have never seen so many people cutting each other off, and dashing across the lanes when it was clearly unsafe.

I was thinking this is a day that is going to be full of accidents.

I came in to work and turned on my scanner. There have been two wrecks come over the scanner since I got here 30 minutes ago.

A purple Saturn vs. a tan Saturn by Hiram High School at Virgie Balentine.

Now another JUST occured at Nebo and Gray (I think). One lane of Nebo is now being shut down.

Please just calm down and slow down out there. I am glad I am here and not out running the roads. I am staying put until 4. Glad I brought lunch with me today.

Ever since I got off work on Friday, throughout the weekend, my wife and I noticed more idiocy and selfishness on the roads that I think we have ever seen before in such a small span of time. The whole Hiram area of 92/278 simply defies any amount of law whatsoever. It's like a freak show of human madness. <_<

Ever since I got off work on Friday, throughout the weekend, my wife and I noticed more idiocy and selfishness on the roads that I think we have ever seen before in such a small span of time. The whole Hiram area of 92/278 simply defies any amount of law whatsoever. It's like a freak show of human madness. <_<

Assuming every person in this scenario wants to 'win:' A person who starts with 42 other cars at the first light on Thornton Rd, right off I20, and can be the first one at, or through the light at highway 92, has what it takes to win the Daytona 500.

When I used to take I20 to Thornton/278, I called the afternoon traffic, The Powder Springs 500.

What blows my mind more than people proving their greed on the road, is the notion that people are OK with routinely and frequently risking their lives and the lives of others, just to get where they're going--MAYBE--10 seconds sooner. Think about all that risk that's adding up compared to the time that's saved.

The people who pass me in the afternoons on HWY 61 will NEVER cease to amaze me. Surely it doesn't dawn on them: "the guy I passed a few minutes ago is just 10 feet behind me at the 4WAY stop @ New Georgia."

Assuming every person in this scenario wants to 'win:' A person who starts with 42 other cars at the first light on Thornton Rd, right off I20, and can be the first one at, or through the light at highway 92, has what it takes to win the Daytona 500.

When I used to take I20 to Thornton/278, I called the afternoon traffic, The Powder Springs 500.

What blows my mind more than people proving their greed on the road, is the notion that people are OK with routinely and frequently risking their lives and the lives of others, just to get where they're going--MAYBE--10 seconds sooner. Think about all that risk that's adding up compared to the time that's saved.

The people who pass me in the afternoons on HWY 61 will NEVER cease to amaze me. Surely it doesn't dawn on them: "the guy I passed a few minutes ago is just 10 feet behind me at the 4WAY stop @ New Georgia."

Yep. I used to live on 61, and know just what you mean. I can't tell you how many times I was almost hit going into my driveway. I would watch the people coming at me from behind like crazy. If it looked like they weren't paying attention to me being stopped, and I was afraid me and my kids were going to be plowed down, I would just put the gas on, and go up the road, turn around and come in from the other direction.

The worst one this morning was a Yancey/Cat truck. That driver was changing lanes like crazy, gunning his gas, and cutting people off, and then had the nerve to give someone else the bird. Both lanes were full of cars, and were going at a decent speed. He was not going to get anywhere any faster no matter how many times he changed lanes. I got the phone number off the truck and got the tag number. I am think of calling and reporting him.

Had a newer model red truck with large ladder pass me IN THE CURVES of Dabbs Bridge Road a few weeks back.....Probably doing 50 - 60 mph. Imagine my laughter (which I made sure the two "gentlemen" saw) as I pulled up behind them at the red light at Black Acre/Hwy 41 and as I eased around traffic turning left or going straight and I turned right......

Had a newer model red truck with large ladder pass me IN THE CURVES of Dabbs Bridge Road a few weeks back.....Probably doing 50 - 60 mph. Imagine my laughter (which I made sure the two "gentlemen" saw) as I pulled up behind them at the red light at Black Acre/Hwy 41 and as I eased around traffic turning left or going straight and I turned right......

:lol: I love the satisfaction when you get to the same place without having to drive all crazy!

I live right there lol.

I was coming down 278 this morning through Hiram (not my normal way) and it was crazy. I have never seen so many people cutting each other off, and dashing across the lanes when it was clearly unsafe.

I was thinking this is a day that is going to be full of accidents.

I came in to work and turned on my scanner. There have been two wrecks come over the scanner since I got here 30 minutes ago.

A purple Saturn vs. a tan Saturn by Hiram High School at Virgie Balentine.

Now another JUST occured at Nebo and Gray (I think). One lane of Nebo is now being shut down.

Please just calm down and slow down out there. I am glad I am here and not out running the roads. I am staying put until 4. Glad I brought lunch with me today.

This is exactly why I took early retirement. I was driving from Hiram to East-West Connector to I285 to I400 North every day. It took me over 1 hour with me leaving my house at 5:30 am. I got to the point that I was scared every day that I wouldn't make it home that day after seeing all the horrible accidents each and every day. I just wasn't ready to tempt fate any longer. My nerves are so much better now. Now I hate even driving in Hiram after doing my other drive to work for over 10 years.

I take the back roads from Ridge into Powder Springs all the time. I avoid 278 as much as possible. I come in from the back if I have to go to a location there.

The only reason I came that way this morning was because I went by and paid the water bill first.

Same here....only go to Hiram when absolutely necessary! -_-