Paulding.com

Harry Lee Keener, Sr.

Paulding Realtor Harry Keener dead

Mr. Harry Lee Keener, Sr., age 64 of Dallas died Tuesday Oct. 2, 2007

Funeral Services will be held Thursday at Elizabeth Baptist Church in Marietta. He

will lie instate at the church from 10 am, Service at 11:00 am. Pastor Steve Echols

and Pastor Alton Wilson officiating. The family will receive visitors Wednesday 5 to 8 pm

at the Bellamy Funeral Home- Hiram.

Mr. Keener, a resident of Paulding County since 1970 owned and operated Keener Red & White Grocery Store.

After recieving his Real Estate License he sold his store and opened Paulding Realty in 1978. He was a 40 year

member of Elizabeth Baptist Church. He helped establish the Boys & Girls Club, was Chairman of the Paulding Chamber

of Commerce 1985-1986; member of the West Georgia board of Realtors, was Realtor of the Year in 1990,1994 and 1997;

charter member and past president of Paulding County Civitan Club since 1971; charter member of Paulding County

Home Builders Assoc., Paulding County Chamber of Commerce Business Leader of the year in 1995, and recieved the Chamber

of Commerce Chairman's Award for his overall contributions to the Paulding County Community.

Mr. Keener was preceded in death by his wife Martha Vickers Keener.

Survivors include; son, Lee (Stacey) Keener of Dallas,

Mother, Mary Keener of Jasper. 3 Sisters; Betty Raines of Calhoun, Julia Mooney of Talking Rock and Sherry Greene of Jasper.

4 brothers; LeRoy Keener of Raleigh NC, Larry Keener of Talking Rock, Roy Keener of Dallas and Harold Keener of Jasper.

3 grandchildren; Eric, Harrison and Sydney. Neices and Nephews.

In Lieu of Flowers please make contributions to the Charity of your choice.

Bellamy Funeral Home- Hiram is in charge of all arrangements.

Mr. Keener was a good man. He'll be missed by many people in the community.

Sorry to the family for his loss- :( :( :(

(I don't have a warm fuzzy personal story about him, so I"ll refrain from looking like a jerk and saying anything about it. )

This is a worthless post.

I am so sorry to hear this. He was always so friendly and had a big smile for everyone whenever I saw him.

That is the one thing my ex and I commented on about he and his wife, They were always smiling. We were a young couple that moved here with no family, about the same age as their son Lee who lived by me and they were very welcoming. Harry thought it was funny I came to the closing in the Uhaul all loaded up.

I had the pleasure of meeting Harry about 4 years ago. I believe Paulding County has lost a really great man. Harry sincerely cared about people, he was trusting and he believed in the good of people. He had a great sense of humor and loved sharing stories about his life. He was a good friend and did not hesitate to help others, he will truly be missed. I know he loved his grandchildren and I saw him spend quality time with them often. Harry did not let his diagnosis slow him down, he had a great attitude about his illness, but in the end God brought him home. May we all strive to have such an impact.
Thanks.

I started to say as much myself, but decided against it.

This is neither the place nor the time.....

Which is um WHY I didn't post it...sheesh-I do feel bad for the family-especially since that seems really young for a death like that! I always think of cancer as in older folks-but it's so not. It's so many ages. :(

I am so sorry to here this, I have known Harry ever since he had the store. That is the only place I was allowed to drive to for a long time bcause it was closed to where we lived. Harry and my dad were good friends,harry is a great man, and will be missed .

From all of us at:

SEW IT SEAMS

&

WEST GA. GRAPHICS

R.I.P. Harry.

Harry will be very much missed and he was an absolute delight to be around. He always had a great smile and kind words and was truly an inspiration. He battled the cancer with all he had and was always a very hard-working individual. Paulding County has lost a great person!

I just read this! I know Mr. Keener will be missed by so many folks. He always had a smile, and a some lil'story to share when I saw him. We got to know one another in the Chamber of Commerce together years ago.

R.I.P. Harry --

Now for a kinda funny story --

Harry's late wife Martha Sue went to school with my Mom and MIL, my MIL lived next to Martha Sue growing up in the Elizabeth community in Marietta --- Martha Sue passed away in Dec. 1999 just a few days before my mom -- Martha Sue had surgery and we were told she had made it out of surgery so we told my mom who was on her death bed that Martha Sue was fine -- we got a call not long after that letting us know Martha Sue had passed away -- We never told mom because mom was so sick -- We joke that when mom died about 1 1/2 weeks later she got to heaven and saw Martha Sue and said "What are you doing here? They told me you were fine! Darn my family!!"

Anyways -- Prayers for the Keener family -- Austin Vickers the little boy who passed away in April from Cancer was Harry's nephew -- Martha Sue's brother's grandson --

Harry Keener was always courteous in real estate dealings with other Realtors, in our experience, and he was a fine man that contributed very much to his community. He was always smiling when we saw him and his attitude in adversity with this disease is to be greatly admired. Our sympathy to his family and his friends and coworkers who loved him.

Betty and Frank and the West Metro Realty gang.

My dad and Harry started Paulding Realty years ago. I have always held a special place in my heart for him and Martha. I just talked to him a couple of months ago about some land he had listed. He was telling me how he was going to beat this cancer.

I will miss seeing him out at the different functions.

R.I.P. Harry --

Now for a kinda funny story --

Harry's late wife Martha Sue went to school with my Mom and MIL, my MIL lived next to Martha Sue growing up in the Elizabeth community in Marietta --- Martha Sue passed away in Dec. 1999 just a few days before my mom -- Martha Sue had surgery and we were told she had made it out of surgery so we told my mom who was on her death bed that Martha Sue was fine -- we got a call not long after that letting us know Martha Sue had passed away -- We never told mom because mom was so sick -- We joke that when mom died about 1 1/2 weeks later she got to heaven and saw Martha Sue and said "What are you doing here? They told me you were fine! Darn my family!!"

Anyways -- Prayers for the Keener family -- Austin Vickers the little boy who passed away in April from Cancer was Harry's nephew -- Martha Sue's brother's grandson --

Sweet story :)