Paulding.com

another propane tank fire: station 1, 10, batt, reserves on call

propane tank on fire

engine 1 responding from fire training

engine 10, batt 1, 3410, ladder 1 enroute

x-street Cochran Ridge

fire last week was cause by propane tanks on a camper - is there a problem with these tanks being out in the heat we are having?

but is a propane tank in the sun something that everyone is supposed to know is a ticking time bomb?

mine is under the black grill cover

Hummm, explosive flamable gas in a metal container under pressure, sitting in the sun getting hotter, causing more pressure? Yep, ticking time bomb! Track record shows that from the last week.

At first I thought of my 200 gallon propane tank. It sits in the sun all day. When I read the title I thought this is what ya'll were taking about. But apparently it is the gas grill tanks that are catching on fire? I just hope the big one safe.

Ellery, thanks for that link. It is hard to imagine that an old tank has been around, overfilled, for this long (Seems like 5+ years that the old tanks have not been able to be filled) and caused the two fires over the last week. But, is guess it could be possible.

I'm am suspending all over LP tank overfilling at my house.

Three minutes after an suspected older tank blowing. Got Called out to a grill fire and the tank blew as we where pulling into the driveway.about five minutes in

post-14992-1187878799_thumb.jpg post-14992-1187878937_thumb.jpg

This was back in january of 07 as a note