Paulding.com

My son just called and said he is locked in the varsity locker room with the football coaches. He said that 3 boys took a girl into the locker room and a fight broke out and there was someone with a gun. He said he was fine and he had to go the coaches wanted to talk to them. He is a freshman football player. I am in a panic. He said if I come up there they will not let me in to grt him. I think I am leaving to go up there anyway. I am waiting for him to call me back as soon as the coaches get through talking to them.

I just got off the phone with him again. He is not sure if they have the person with the gun. My son said that he left in a car. He said the color but I am not going to say at this time. He also has the name. He told me again that they will not let me pick him up yet. I told him that if I have not heard from him in 30 minutes I was driving up to the school. Does anyone else have any kids at the school that plays football?

I just got off the phone with him again. He is not sure if they have the person with the gun. My son said that he left in a car. He said the color but I am not going to say at this time. He also has the name. He told me again that they will not let me pick him up yet. I told him that if I have not heard from him in 30 minutes I was driving up to the school. Does anyone else have any kids at the school that plays football?

I would go there NOW.

Me too! ;)

I do not think I would if the doors are locked are they not safe.. If you go there you could risk getting shot right.. if they are telling parents to stay away it could be for everyones safety.. now I would probably have been there already and this thought would have popped in my head later..

I want to go NOW but they have them on lock down. He says they want let me in. But 2 other people said the just left from there they are obviously letting people leave. I am leaving now to go and see for my self what is going on.

My son just called and said he is locked in the varsity locker room with the football coaches. He said that 3 boys took a girl into the locker room and a fight broke out and there was someone with a gun. He said he was fine and he had to go the coaches wanted to talk to them. He is a freshman football player. I am in a panic. He said if I come up there they will not let me in to grt him. I think I am leaving to go up there anyway. I am waiting for him to call me back as soon as the coaches get through talking to them.

:o

I just got back from picking my son up. Everyone is ok. I don't want to say to much at at this time. I am just gald no one was hurt. This was serious but could have been alot worse than what it was. My son did say the coaches did praise them for sticking togehter and being a team. I am just glad it is all over and he is home safe.

I just got back from picking my son up. Everyone is ok. I don't want to say to much at at this time. I am just gald no one was hurt. This was serious but could have been alot worse than what it was. My son did say the coaches did praise them for sticking togehter and being a team. I am just glad it is all over and he is home safe.

Did you say earlier that 3 boys took a girl into the bathroom?

Have they cought this person?? If not, then why wouldnt you say something?? If someone knows this person, and knows where this person is, then it wold be a good thing to say something.

If they arent cought, I would at least say a car description.

You can run but you can't hide. I am sure the color and description is known as well as the boy, if he was on the team or went to the school. There will be a rude awakening on Monday if not sooner. Between that incident and the storm and the lights on and off with water leaking, it was a very hectic hour.

I really don't think there are many more details right now on this, and there won't be until Monday when the investigation continues. On Friday when Mr. Fincher spoke with the parents, the SRO was there and seemed to think that the SO had all the information they needed to apprehend the perpetrators. For the record, though, there was no confirmation at that time that there even was a gun; several of the players reported that they saw what they thought to be a weapon during the fight, but no gun had been recovered as of Friday afternoon when the players were released with the letter. (At least not to the parents' knowledge,but the SO was still in the process of searching.) I'm sure that more details (and speculation) will come out as soon as school takes back in on Monday. From what I understood based on what we were told, this was a "basic" teenage kind of scwabble that simply got out of hand---a "she said/ he said something bout someone's sister" kind of thing that led to a fight. No one was seriously injured (just a few scraps from the fight).

I'm not trying to make light of the situation; I just don't want to perpetuate gossip that leads to panic and misinformation.

:)

Good to know. High school can be a scary place, and unfortunatly even though we are in PC we are not immune to some of the things we hear and see on TV. Hope they got them and glad nobody was hurt. Sounds like the principal and teachers knew exactly how to keep our kids safe.

From what I understood based on what we were told, this was a "basic" teenage kind of scwabble that simply got out of hand---a "she said/ he said something bout someone's sister" kind of thing that led to a fight. No one was seriously injured (just a few scraps from the fight).

Thank you for your honesty.