Paulding.com

Urgent: animal control dispatch to report of dead dog

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't 911 have caller id or sumpin to help out AC, they could lead em to the house???? :blink:

AC knows who the call came from, but it was a 3rd party call. 3rd party didn't know the address of the dogs.

I believe if you are going to render aid to either a human or animal I am not sure if they can charge you with the crime of trespassing. Of course with it being an animal make sure to have witnesses or pictures to prove your story.

i just talked to the AC dude and he is still looking for the dog(s). he's going yard to yard in all 3 subdivisions :blink:

I still don't get why they can't call this person back and get more specific directions.... I understand the woman didn't have an address, but dang she should at least know how to tell people to get there.... :wacko:

i just talked to the AC dude and he is still looking for the dog(s). he's going yard to yard in all 3 subdivisions :blink:

Yup Ash saw him WALKING yard to yard :unsure:

Sweetwater landing might be a Douglasville address

Powder Springs or Douglasville

Wow that's dedication. Hope they find these dogs fast.

oh yeah Ed is very dedicated! and at the moment I think he is OVER dedicated and should be awarded the dedication award for the summer!

I still don't get why they can't call this person back and get more specific directions.... I understand the woman didn't have an address, but dang she should at least know how to tell people to get there.... :wacko:
i hope this guy isn't out in the heat looking based on a prank call
who is ash? does she live in sweetwater too?

Powder Springs or Douglasville

oh yeah Ed is very dedicated! and at the moment I think he is OVER dedicated and should be awarded the dedication award for the summer!

someone get this man a beer. oh wait he on duty.. Gatorade and water....

If you live there or near there he might appreciate this.. I live on the other side of the world from there or I would.

someone get this man a beer. oh wait he on duty.. Gatorade and water....

If you live there or near there he might appreciate this.. I live on the other side of the world from there or I would.

Yep if anyone sees him walking around please get him some water. Ed is a very dedicated AC employee and I know that he will stay out there until he finds what he is looking for.

i hope this guy isn't out in the heat looking based on a prank call who is ash? does she live in sweetwater too?

Ash lives over by me but she went over there to check out things. I do believe the caller hasnt given enough info and 2 officers are now are both on wild goose chase

any news yet?

havent found them, 2 officers looking

okay if he has not found them by the time my older girls get home I might go over there.. how long will it take me to get say from acworth to there? I just cannot bring the lil ones out in this heat...

I wouldnt drive all the way over here, they are searching a 3 neighborhoods on foot and if they dont find them who knows what the "real story" was to begin with, this person didnt give an address so all AC can do is try their best and they are

update:

The call from today was an "oops" - the original issue was dealt with on a previous day, someone heard the story/rumor of what had happened and thought that it was present tense.

It was not a prank call, but a misunderstanding of the actual timeline.

Animal Control receives far too many of these calls in the summer months, and let us not forget how many calls may never be made ~

PLEASE do your best to ensure that all outside pets have access to fresh water & shade -

Thank you Animal Control for everything you do ~ even when it includes baking in the sun in full uniform ~ :wub:

update:

The call from today was an "oops" - the original issue was dealt with on a previous day, someone heard the story/rumor of what had happened and thought that it was present tense.

It was not a prank call, but a misunderstanding of the actual timeline.

Animal Control receives far too many of these calls in the summer months, and let us not forget how many calls may never be made ~

PLEASE do your best to ensure that all outside pets have access to fresh water & shade -

Thank you Animal Control for everything you do ~ even when it includes baking in the sun in full uniform ~ :wub:

NOW GET THAT MAN A BEER.... so did the other dog really perish????? thanks for the update hun..

update: The call from today was an "oops" - the original issue was dealt with on a previous day, someone heard the story/rumor of what had happened and thought that it was present tense. It was not a prank call, but a misunderstanding of the actual timeline. Animal Control receives far too many of these calls in the summer months, and let us not forget how many calls may never be made ~ PLEASE do your best to ensure that all outside pets have access to fresh water & shade - Thank you Animal Control for everything you do ~ even when it includes baking in the sun in full uniform ~ :wub:
OMG that is so aggrevating!! I wasted all that damn gas on a misunderstanding!! Ed wasted all those electrolytes and Gretchen wasted all that time too!!I saw plenty of dogs, plenty of them tied up but they all had water! Well, I am still glad it was checked out, and glad there were no dogs found today in trouble, but DAMN!!

I've been on a call and heard nothing further or the "end of the chase."

The officers frequently mention how hot it is out there for them as they strive to ensure that animals are being cared for through their welfare checks.

So, many thanks to Officers Ed and Gretchen that responded to this call. I'm sorry they wasted their time, but happy it was a false alarm. I only posted this in hopes that some of you would be there to give assistance to the officers in their search.

I've been on a call and heard nothing further or the "end of the chase."

The officers frequently mention how hot it is out there for them as they strive to ensure that animals are being cared for through their welfare checks.

So, many thanks to Officers Ed and Gretchen that responded to this call. I'm sorry they wasted their time, but happy it was a false alarm. I only posted this in hopes that some of you would be there to give assistance to the officers in their search.

I'm glad you did, just in case it was something we could have helped. I am aggrevated that the first person whoever that was misunderstood!! But, still happy it was checked out! Does that make sense?

This is sort of off topic, but I just rescued ONY two weeks ago. He was chained and never fed or watered unless I snuck over to his house to do it. I am convinced that if his owner had not turned him over to me he would be dead. ONY has severe heartworms and one vet told me he would not treat him. Another vet is giving ONY a second chance. Thanks to PHS, Melise, Millwood, and Rev for their help and encouragement. I am praying that ONY survives his treatments and lives a long healthy, happy live. I hate stupid people!!!! :angry2:

This is sort of off topic, but I just rescued ONY two weeks ago. He was chained and never fed or watered unless I snuck over to his house to do it. I am convinced that if his owner had not turned him over to me he would be dead. ONY has severe heartworms and one vet told me he would not treat him. Another vet is giving ONY a second chance. Thanks to PHS, Melise, Millwood, and Rev for their help and encouragement. I am praying that ONY survives his treatments and lives a long healthy, happy live. I hate stupid people!!!! :angry2:

Glad he is getting a second chance, I wish more dogs could. And cats for that matter. Hope all turns out well.

Covered -- we all do what we can for the animals.......

Keep us posted on Ony!!!

Covered ... I have an "extremely" positive heartworm gal who gone through the treatments and has FULLY recovered, so please keep positive! I'm here too if you want to chat - but YOU CAN DO IT and I'm sure ONY is saying THANK YOU :wub: for everything you are doing! Your heart is huge for take him on ... sending your LOTS of positive thoughts! :)

Sorry to hear of the false call for AC and others today .... but :wub: my pcom-furry-lovers and PCAC for going the extra mile today for our friends/companions!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

psst .... I hear Ed & Gretchen both love cookies and brownies!!!??!!!???!! ... as well as the rest of the staff :lol: :p :D

I wondered how your new baby was doing.... You can never second guess the power of Love...For Ony and for you!

:wub: ,

'Q

Glad he is getting a second chance, I wish more dogs could. And cats for that matter. Hope all turns out well.

Ash,

I am so moved by your compassion and your never-ending commitment to always....and I mean always make a difference in the lives of our fury friends. I can't wait to meet you!

:wub: ,

'Q

report of dogs tied outside - one is already dead.

S/D Sweetwater Landing - no address given.

A/C officer has extended ETA due to injured dog being taken to vet & bloody truck.

If you are in this area, please help out A/C and contact them with the address if you know this location. 770.445.1511

What kind of sick deranged people with no regard to animal life would tie an animal out in this heat. Please keep your animals sheltered from the heat and give plenty of water. If you can't take care of your animals take them to a shelter so they at least have a fighting chance.

I intervened for a dog with a neighbor one time.

Dog was suffering with heat stroke, couldn't stand up.

Brought the dog in bathed it gave it water, the children came over demanding the dog back I refused until one of the parents came and got it.

They made some smart A remarks about nosey neighbors getting in there business when they weren't home.

Didn't speak to me for months,

I don't care!

I would do it again!

You're a great person for doing that. I'd do the same!

;)

Please keep us updated on that precious boy :wub:

sorry, but that still doesn't help me - where is sweetwater church road?

if you go dallas nebo- take it to ridge- go straight at the light- it turns into blairs bridge- take that to four way stop- that is sweetwater church road- take a left- and sweetwater landing- is down there on the left.

It disturbs me that people won't get out there and assist animals in need. I was golfing one afternoon in Gwinnett County and came to the backside of the course. A dog was following some other golfers around the course, and then jetted out into the road. It was immediately hit by a vehicle, which of course didn't stop.....unlucky him I got the full description to include last 4 on the plates...anyways....the dog was dying...and my buddies and I basically held this dog in our arms until it passed......if people can't stop to help the most helpless...what will they do when they come across a person lying there....walk past...just call 911 and hope they get there fast enough.... I really hate most of the human race these days....if everyone was like me...this place would be damn near perfect!