Paulding.com

I think it was on Oprah, long time ago. She had people on the show that had near death experiences. One old dude was struck by lightning while out getting the mail. She asked him what he did. He replied, "I went inside, and took a nap."

She was flabbergasted, she asked why he took a nap. He said he was tired.

crazy story...hubby was in a band. Lightning struck the ground outside during band practice, and struck every single one except my hubby. The singer had his arm burned through the mike, the bassist and guitarist were both hit. The lead guitarist was barefoot on concrete and it knocked him 10 feet back into a cinderblock wall. He was taken to the hospital...it was scary scary. The only reason hubby didn't get hit was because he didn't have anything electrical. He just watched them all fall and thought 'what the h*ll...it was just thunder!'...

I have been indirectly struck 3 times.

one time under a house near some power...

one time on the phone...

and the first time I had a C.B. antenna around 80 feet up and the cable sitting in front of me...the lightning came through and hit me right in the head...scorched my hair.....

I went to the doctor to get checked....he said he figured it to have been about 25,000 volts....

hope the girls ok. :)

Oh! I hope she is okay! Lightning hit here a little while ago. I was on the porch and it wasn't even raining or thundering before it hit. Scared me to death!

I think I may have heard that. I'm a little west of your area, and it had thundered just a little and then stopped, and then there was this really bright flash and loud boom! I was waiting for the dog to come get into the truck with me...the noise was just the motivation Mr. Slowpoke needed to get his butt in gear. :lol:

It scared me enough to close the truck door til he got close enough to get in.

I hope her refusal to be taken for treatment means she was ok when the ambulance arrived & checked her out.