Paulding.com

small compact grey car vs. a white mach box truck. Car is crunched back to passenger area. Driver in truck was looking alright. Coming from 92 that lane is blocked. Can only turn right on Nebo coming from Hiram sudie on Bill Carruth. Barely visible taking that right. So be careful going in that area.

Just passed it on the way home. Silver Chevrolet (cavalier?) VS White utility type truck with lawn equipment on back. the silver car was underneath the front of the truck. Child was taken out and put on a stetcher. Adult still in driver's side, but laid back in the seat.

I just heard that one helicopter is on the ground and another one is being dispatched. Sounds very bad. Prayers being said.They just said that one helicopter has left the scene with a 5-year-old girl.

There's a 3rd helicoper waiting to land. #2 is packaging their patient.

Please pray for those involved.

Emory Flight enroute to Grady with one patient.

Rescue Air is now on the ground.

Edited by drosser

This is very close to my house. Bill Carruth has become a speedway lately. The worst intersection is at Hiram Sudie and Bill Carruth if you are turning left or right off BC. Can't see a damn thing. They should have graded the road different. We have already had several accidents there.

The same scenario almost happened yesterday at Bill Carruth and 278... The little car on Bill Carruth was going straight (green light) and a SUV decided he needed to turn onto 278 in front of him... You can see the skid marks from the little car. God was with somebody because they didn't hit...

Prayer said for all involved.

Prayers said for that little girl and other accident victims.

This is very close to my house. Bill Carruth has become a speedway lately. The worst intersection is at Hiram Sudie and Bill Carruth if you are turning left or right off BC. Can't see a damn thing. They should have graded the road different. We have already had several accidents there.
Does that road have the green arrow turn signal (I can't remember, but I don't think it does)? If not, maybe it is time to get one.
Prayers said for that little girl and other accident victims.Does that road have the green arrow turn signal (I can't remember, but I don't think it does)? If not, maybe it is time to get one.

It has arrows, but if you come up when it is just green you almost have to pull out into the road to see over that big arse dip they left on what was Clay Rd. I have to turn right off Hiram Sudie and people come barreling over that hump from Dville and damn near hit me because I cannot see. I just floor it every time I turn. I would come up from the other side but traffic is a nightmare all the way down 278.

Prayers said for that little girl and other accident victims.Does that road have the green arrow turn signal (I can't remember, but I don't think it does)? If not, maybe it is time to get one.

Bill Carruth/Nebo/Hiram Sudie and 278 all have turn arrows.

In America; driving is a right, not a previlage. That is why the test is a joke; and why you only test when you are 16 and never again.

In America people also have a warped sense of entitlement. "I deserve to drive any way I want and it is up to you to get out of the way."

The same scenario almost happened yesterday at Bill Carruth and 278... The little car on Bill Carruth was going straight (green light) and a SUV decided he needed to turn onto 278 in front of him... You can see the skid marks from the little car. God was with somebody because they didn't hit...

Much as I hate the gas mileage; this is why I own a Suburban and an Avalanche. Having a monster sized SUV is the only way you will walk away from an accident these days; because being hit by an SUV in a mid size two or four door car is just instant death. If the International CXT came in an 8 seater, I would buy it tomorrow. http://www.internationaldelivers.com/mycxt...tcCampaign=2901

Much as I hate the gas mileage; this is why I own a Suburban and an Avalanche. Having a monster sized SUV is the only way you will walk away from an accident these days; because being hit by an SUV in a mid size two or four door car is just instant death. If the International CXT came in an 8 seater, I would buy it tomorrow. http://www.internationaldelivers.com/mycxt...tcCampaign=2901

I was just thinking the same thing how glad I am to have my suv...

Bill Carruth has become a speedway lately. The worst intersection is at Hiram Sudie and Bill Carruth if you are turning left or right off BC. Can't see a damn thing. They should have graded the road different. We have already had several accidents there.

Both my daughters were involved in accidents at that intersection while they were going to Hiram High. Thankfully, neither one was injured, but it totaled both their cars. I hardly ever go that way, but I see it hasn't gotten any better.

One of my friends called me today to tell me that this was her brother, his wife and two children( 1 yr old and 5 yrold)....She said that the father and 1 yr old were released from Cobb, the little girl is being released I think tomorrow, and last I heard the mother who was driving is in the ICU. I know she had to have surgery on her knee, she wasn't real clear on any other injuries. They will probably be moving her to a regular room tomorrow.

Thank God they are all alright, it could have been so much worse especially from the sounds of the condition of the car. They were taken to three different hospitals( Scottish Rite, Cobb and Atlanta Medical).

I know they all appreciate your thoughts and prayers

One of my friends called me today to tell me that this was her brother, his wife and two children( 1 yr old and 5 yrold)....She said that the father and 1 yr old were released from Cobb, the little girl is being released I think tomorrow, and last I heard the mother who was driving is in the ICU. I know she had to have surgery on her knee, she wasn't real clear on any other injuries. They will probably be moving her to a regular room tomorrow.

Thank God they are all alright, it could have been so much worse especially from the sounds of the condition of the car. They were taken to three different hospitals( Scottish Rite, Cobb and Atlanta Medical).

I am so glad you posted this. I saw that wreck and it was TERRIBLE!!! They are seriously very lucky to be alive. Thank God!

In America; driving is a right, not a previlage. That is why the test is a joke; and why you only test when you are 16 and never again.

You are wrong... driving is NOT a right but a PRIVILEGE! You have to earn it! Just like a bank account, it isn't your right but a privilege.

Oh my, there was that many in that car? I am so surprised....seemed the passenger side door couldn't be opened. They were sure lucky and God was with them. I sure hope they are doing better and they seem to be since they are being released already. Prayers for them all.

I didn't come through that intersection too much before this! :o

I wish people would learn what YIELD means .....

Sending best wishes to all who were involved in this accident - hope all are okay!

How about not running a yellow or red light ..

I go that way 2or 3 times a day & am amazed at how many people run that light .. It's the worst one in the county...

The people that were in the Cavalier are my family. This was my nephew(22), his wife(25), their daughter(5) and their son(2). The wife was driving and my nephew was in the passenger seat. Their little boy was fine(he was in a carseat), the little girl was banged up pretty badly and had severe bruising from the seatbelt(she was life-flighted). My nephew was banged up pretty bad too, but the one that took the brunt of the impact was his wife(this is where the dump truck collided - the accident happened b/c the dump truck pulled out in from of them), she was the other person life-flighted and it took the crews a while to cut her out of the vehicle - she had a bad laceration to her leg about 7 inches long from her knee up and nearly lost her kneecap, she also had broken bones in her foot and ankle and femur. She was in surgery for almost 4 hours and will have to go thru a couple more surgeries. She will probably most definitely be wheelchair bound for a while and will have to go thru a lot of rehab to walk again. She does not remember anything about the accident and part of her day before the accident. She was moved out of ICU late last night and is now in a room but will be there for a while. My nephew and the daughter were released already and their son was able to go home that day. Praise God, that even with bad injuries - all of them lived and will survive. It will be a long recovery, but it's a miracle they are alive.