Paulding.com

Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor found dead

Guest publisher

Guest publisher

Ray Traylor found dead at home

Big Boss Man dead

Paulding.com has learned from a reliable source that former pro wrestler and county commission candidate Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor has been found dead in his home in Paulding.

Traylor, a graduate of Paulding County High School, gained fame as a Pro Wrestler and contender. He ran for Paulding County Commission Chairman and was defeated in a three man race this past July.

Paulding.com's source said that Traylor's death appeared to be from natural causes. We'll have more on the story as information becomes available. 

A towering man, Traylor stood 6'6" and weighed 315 pounds and began his successful pro-wrestling career in 1985. 

Title Summary:
  •  UWF World Heavyweight Champion (4/19/87 - 7/11/87)
  •  WWF Hardcore Champion (11/30/98 - 12/21/98)
  •  WWF World Tag-Team Champion w/ Ken Shamrock (12/14/98 - 1/25/99)
  •  WWF Hardcore Champion(2) (7/25/99 - 8/22/99)
  •  WWF Hardcore Champion(3) (8/24/99 - 9/07/99)
  • WWF Hardcore Champion(4) (10/12/99 - 1/17/00)

PWI Achievement Awards: (0 wins, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RUs, 0 3rd RUs)

• 1987 Rookie of the Year, 1st Runner-Up
  • 1992 Match of the Year, 2nd Runner-Up (Royal Rumble)
  • 1994 Most Inspirational Wrestler, 2nd Runner-Up 

In more recent years he has coached new wrestling talent, participated in numerous civic and charitable efforts and traveled world-wide. 

Traylor was a Paulding.com member.

raytraylor2.jpg

Ray Traylor dead at 42

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest publisher

It is sad but this is true. I trust my source on this tragic news implicitly. I don't want to reveal the source without permission but it is a person you would know from the Pcom boards and would trust on a matter of this gravity.

Our prayers are with Ray's family. May he rest in peace.

God, I pray for his family.
me too.

one of my best friends family and his family are really tight. wow i was stunned when i saw the topic.

i still am shocked. my mother also worked w/ him while she was president of the dalls elem pta years n years ago.

still in shock??

What a tragedy! It was a wonderful experience working with him and his family during the election, they are great people. My prayers and thoughts are with his family. I hope this is going to turn out to be a false alarm. Im just in shock. What a couple of months for his family, first his mother now him, so sad to lose good people.

My brother has been a part of Professional Wrestling for many years and emailed me the news last night when they all heard about Ray. While I didn't know Ray personally, my brother, Scott Hudson, has always raved about what a great man Ray was. Our community, as well as the Wrestling World, will miss him greatly.

Maxine

i want to express my deepest sympathy to the traylor family. he was a good person and an asset to our community ,he will be missed.

the call seemed a bit more urgentl when i heard it on the scanner . the rescue and battalion were very professional with traffic.

I was hoping that maybe this was a mistake when I went to bed last night. What an amazing man, I enjoyed every second helping him in the elections. He did so much for our community. My thoughts and prayers are with his wonderful wife and beautiful daughters. So sad for this lose to come after his mother passing recently. Hopefully they are together watching over his family.

This is so shocking! My first thoughts were of his young children. And he's so young! They are in our thoughts and prayers.

I didn't know him. Our son and his daughter, Lacy, I think, played soccer together a few years ago. He was at the practices and games and I remember he was such a nice man and seemed to be a "gentle giant". The kids loved him!