Paulding.com

I live off Windale / Cochran Ridge.....are you sure?!?!/

Details anyone?!?!?

The call came in as a possible 10-67. Said it occurred at _____ Winndale Rd and asked SO to be in route to Paulding ER if I understood correctly. I was not sure what that code was, so I went and looked it up and it said rape. I never heard anymore, but as usual, I am at work and listen in between customer calls. I also heard them make a call to an adress in my subdivision, but don't know what it was in reference too. I hate that. Sorry I don't know any more than that.

OH NO I live very close to there, I am home by myself w/ my 2 little ones, Please anyone who can give more info, I am very nervous, is the perp in custody or out lurking around?
Statistically rapes are committed by a person the victim knows.....the odds that there is a "perp" looking for another home to hit is pretty slim......all that stuff you see on L&O:SVU is crap :DI understand your worry, but you're probably safe.
no one.. don't know what that was about.
I think it was about why dallasgirl didn't release the street number? :unsure:
Those of you that live in the area should listen to the scanner archives if you are concerned for your safety or worried that it is someone you know. Keep it off the board. Thank you DallasGirl for not posting an exact address.

No problem. I would never do that in a case like this. I never heard anymore. I am sure the officers went and took a report and are working on this.

They gave an exact street adress, so I do assume it happened at a house, but I am not sure. Obviously I would not give that adress over this board. If this did happen, I certainly would not want to display the victims info on here.

I would certainly hope that this poor woman's privacy would be respected. Rape is an emotionally devastating crime.

Statistically rapes are committed by a person the victim knows.....the odds that there is a "perp" looking for another home to hit is pretty slim......all that stuff you see on L&O:SVU is crap :DI understand your worry, but you're probably safe.I think it was about why RRR didn't release the street number? :unsure:

You mean Dallasgirl right?

I would certainly hope that this poor woman's privacy would be respected. Rape is an emotionally devastating crime.

Absolutely. I am glad I went and looked up the code before I just posted. I would have felt horrible if I was listening and posted the exact adress and said possible 10-67, and then realized what it was. Luckily, that is not a code I hear very often, so I did not recognize it right away.

No one was releasing names -- I just want to make everyone aware of the law -- You can be arrested and/or sued for that -- Just a warning!

Pictures would be very uncool as well. So, just to sum this thread up: no pictures, no names.

************LOOK***************

It is against Georgia Law to EVER release the name of a rape victim -- I had a friend raped in Acworth a couple years ago and I found out it's against the law for ANYONE (Media, Cops, Public, etc.) to release the name of the victim --

Georgia law allows officers in distributing incident reports to redact the name of a rape victim but all laws sanctioning media for publishing such information was judged unconstitutional in 1975.

As a general rule the media, of their own volition, choose not to identify rape victims but there is no state sanction against the publication. Indeed a state sanction against publication is prior restraint and would be on its face unconstitutional.

Here is a link to the case that established the unconstitutionality of the Georgia law prohibiting the publication of the name of a rape victim.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/12723/Cox-Broad...orp-v-Cohn.html

Current law strictly gives authorities the ability to not release information regarding rape victims.

It is a subtle distinction but I think it worthy of clarification.

The point here is if someone were to post the name of a rape victim, they would not likely be in violation of the law. That however would not stop me from removing it as it is my policy not to publish the name of a rape victim.

pubby

Georgia law allows officers in distributing incident reports to redact the name of a rape victim but all laws sanctioning media for publishing such information was judged unconstitutional in 1975.

As a general rule the media, of their own volition, choose not to identify rape victims but there is no state sanction against the publication. Indeed a state sanction against publication is prior restraint and would be on its face unconstitutional.

Here is a link to the case that established the unconstitutionality of the Georgia law prohibiting the publication of the name of a rape victim.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/12723/Cox-Broad...orp-v-Cohn.html

Current law strictly gives authorities the ability to not release information regarding rape victims.

It is a subtle distinction but I think it worthy of clarification.

The point here is if someone were to post the name of a rape victim, they would not likely be in violation of the law. That however would not stop me from removing it as it is my policy not to publish the name of a rape victim.

pubby

Thanks Pubby! I was going on what I was told by the girls boyfriend who is a campus cop --

Usually one night stands that are later regretted.

Ever been in this situation or had someone close to you raped? I have a very close friend who was raped in high school...NOT a one night stand that was later regretted but a forcible rape (also known as nonconsensual sex..do we need to define nonconsent for you).

PLease think before you post....rape is NOT USUALLY a one stand that is regretted!

FOOL!

I feel terrible that someone was possibly raped. That is such a horrible crime.

BUT---you would be surprised at the number of people who have consentual sex and then cry rape!!!

Happens all the time.

I feel terrible that someone was possibly raped. That is such a horrible crime.

BUT---you would be surprised at the number of people who have consentual sex and then cry rape!!!

Happens all the time.

I agree with you that this happens frequently. I wont go as far as to say it happens "most" of the time. Rape is one of the hardest crimes to prove.

I have dealt with many teens who have been raped and never reported it. And those who initially reported it and then changed it to "never mind, he didn't rape me" only because of the horror of having to tell it over and over to strange men. People didn't believe them in the first place and would push for details and find blame in everything the girl did. Many of those "changed stories" are just pain and fear of what they have to do to complete a prosecution.

How many of you have thought, "That girl is asking for it (or asking to be raped.)"? How many of you would blame the victim if she were drunk at a party and went upstairs to sleep it off and someone had sex with her while she was unconscious or unable to fight? How many of you would blame a woman for "knowing better" than to go to the store late at night?"

DO NOT MINIMIZE THE EFFECTS OF RAPE ON PEOPLE. It impacts everyone around the victim. The family, the friends, the significant others in their lives, everyone. They have to deal with people looking at them with THAT look. They have to live with the fact that people are scrutinizing their every move from before and after. They have to deal with other men who will either not trust them, think something is wrong with them, or make them their next victim. They have to go through their entire lives trying to figure out what they did to cause this.

That would be extremely hard for the strongest person. Someone who has been shattered may just give up on trying to get help because they don't have any support or they can't stand having those they love hearing all those details over and over.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU UNLESS YOU ARE COHERENT AND GIVE A DEFINITE "YES." I have told my son that "NO means NO," "I DON'T KNOW means NO," "I'M AFRAID means NO." "MAYBE means NO," "HESITATION means NO," "SILENCE means NO." Basically, anything but a YES from someone free to go without fear is a NO.

Keep that in mind when rape charges are removed. Very, very, very few women report a false rape. A lot more do not report real rapes.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU UNLESS YOU ARE COHERENT AND GIVE A DEFINITE "YES." I have told my son that "NO means NO," "I DON'T KNOW means NO," "I'M AFRAID means NO." "MAYBE means NO," "HESITATION means NO," "SILENCE means NO." Basically, anything but a YES from someone free to go without fear is a NO.
Having been a victim......... you brought tears to my eyes. I said "NO!" three times..... loud and clear...... but did the cop stop? No... I teach my son the same thing....... he is 6 and learning that no matter what...... if a girl says no..... just back away. It's the safe and smart thing to do. No one gets hurt. Thank you. :)

...... and I didn't report it........ what was the point........... he was a "name" in the community, no one would have believed me.