Paulding.com

When and how was any type of ban made public?

Common sense would be to much to ask for I guess......

DRY LAWNS + BEER + REDNECK MORONS + ANYTHING THAT GLOWS A BRIGHT COLOR WHEN LIT WITH A ZIPPO = HOLIDAY FUN!

My daughter was taking her boyfriend home off of 120 and a bunch of middle aged rednecks shot a bottle rocket at our Expedition and hit it. She called the cops and they were there within minutes and made a report. I don't know what they did to the rednecks.

Yup! We shot all sorts off and had a blast and didn't manage to burn down any houses or trees. We might go get more....gotta love the chickens that shoot fire from their butts and scream :lol: :lol: When we were coming home there were 2 cops sitting at the corner....funny because my whole neighborhood and the one across the street was a like a warzone with booms and flashing lights :lol: thank dog I live in the sticks.

Yup! We shot all sorts off and had a blast and didn't manage to burn down any houses or trees. We might go get more....gotta love the chickens that shoot fire from their butts and scream :lol: :lol: When we were coming home there were 2 cops sitting at the corner....funny because my whole neighborhood and the one across the street was a like a warzone with booms and flashing lights :lol: thank dog I live in the sticks.

That exactly what I told my husband, it sounds like a freakin war zone!!. We too shot off some in our cul de sac along with several others and then the subd across the street had a good bit going on too. It was fun.

I'm sure some of the old farts from down the street called on us. Especially when we started riding the 4 wheeler past their house around 10 pm.

I don't mind the fireworks but I did call the PC Sheriff's office about one of my neighbors. They were shooting bottle rockets toward my house and my barn. The sparks were falling on my roof and into a paddock with one of the horses. By the time the officer got here (didn't take but a few minutes), the poor horse was drenched in sweat from running the fenceline and out of his mind with fear. In years past these people shot their fireworks toward their own house. I don't have a problem with them burning down their home.

That exactly what I told my husband, it sounds like a freakin war zone!!. We too shot off some in our cul de sac along with several others and then the subd across the street had a good bit going on too. It was fun.

I'm sure some of the old farts from down the street called on us. Especially when we started riding the 4 wheeler past their house around 10 pm.

:lol: That made me laugh so hard! Its all or mostly middle aged people in our subdivision. Mostly every house has atleast one kid.

:lol: That made me laugh so hard! Its all or mostly middle aged people in our subdivision. Mostly every house has atleast one kid.

LOL

They need to get a life!! We live in a subd off of buchanan hwy and these people complain about EVERYTHING!! They don't like my husbands (or other neighbors) work vehicles to be parked in the driveway. They complained about a neighbors satellite dish being too close to the front of the house too.

I swear, next time I hear her complaining about something else, I'm making a phone call about her watering her grass everyday around noon.

Get your broom and keep sweeping your driveway lady, but leave us the heck alone!!! :p

why would you do that? It seems like you were just being rude for no reason. I'd be pissed if a 4wheeler came flying by my house at 10pm!! <_<

LOL

They need to get a life!! We live in a subd off of buchanan hwy and these people complain about EVERYTHING!! They don't like my husbands (or other neighbors) work vehicles to be parked in the driveway. They complained about a neighbors satellite dish being too close to the front of the house too.

I swear, next time I hear her complaining about something else, I'm making a phone call about her watering her grass everyday around noon.

Get your broom and keep sweeping your driveway lady, but leave us the heck alone!!! :p

:lol: Old people are either wonderful or total a PITA. Too bad there isn't any in between with em!

My daughter was taking her boyfriend home off of 120 and a bunch of middle aged rednecks shot a bottle rocket at our Expedition and hit it. She called the cops and they were there within minutes and made a report. I don't know what they did to the rednecks.

I saw the scanner call on that, I think

:lol:

I went to the Marietta Square for fireworks, but we left Dd at my moms. Every year all the neighbors shoot off in the cul-de-sac. This year they did the legal ones from the tent at Wal-Mart, and they had about 7 garden hoses ran to the middle of the pitchers mound (the middle of the cul-de-sac...it's been there since I was a kid :D ) One neighbor, the only 'non-gardener' actually went and bought a faucet splitter and 6 hoses so he'd have two extra long ones also just in case...all hooked up and ready to go. They didn't even have anything that went further than maybe 6 feet in the air...but by golly they were prepared! Turns out Dd is terrified of them...after the first one went off she ran up the driveway and hid under a rocking chair on the porch until it was over.

why would you do that? It seems like you were just being rude for no reason. I'd be pissed if a 4wheeler came flying by my house at 10pm!! <_<

I agree. Our baby is 10 months old, she goes to bed at around 8, which I managed to extend til 9 on the 4th because there were cook-outs and stuff going on so there was no way she would've gone to sleep at her nornal time. At around 10.30 the fireworks and 4wheler brigade started their BS. Thank you very much. It wasn't til after midnight that our baby went back to sleep. Some people just can't seem to see beyond their own tiny horizons.

I agree. Our baby is 10 months old, she goes to bed at around 8, which I managed to extend til 9 on the 4th because there were cook-outs and stuff going on so there was no way she would've gone to sleep at her nornal time. At around 10.30 the fireworks and 4wheler brigade started their BS. Thank you very much. It wasn't til after midnight that our baby went back to sleep. Some people just can't seem to see beyond their own tiny horizons.

I think some of you need better insulation in your homes. We have neighbors who like to spend time outside when they have a party and play basketball till all hours of the morning. I can hear it in my bedroom, but the kids have never woken up because of it. The fireworks around here didn't bother us at all. It's the 4th of July people - that's what we do. If your baby is waking up, you ought to practice putting her to bed while people are banging pots and pans around the house just to get her used to the noise. Fireworks are not illegal in Georgia anymore!

I think some of you need better insulation in your homes. We have neighbors who like to spend time outside when they have a party and play basketball till all hours of the morning. I can hear it in my bedroom, but the kids have never woken up because of it. The fireworks around here didn't bother us at all. It's the 4th of July people - that's what we do. If your baby is waking up, you ought to practice putting her to bed while people are banging pots and pans around the house just to get her used to the noise. Fireworks are not illegal in Georgia anymore!

Some are illegal not all fireworks are created equal. Can't compare sparklers to ones that launch in the air. I think there is a time and place for things there is a noise ordinance too. If we could do whatever we want till all hours of the morning there would be no need for this. There are some people who do not think of others. I had no problem with my next door neighbors doing the fireworks. They weren't launching anything, were away from my property and they were quiet. The ones launching them and yelling outside at 11pm and carrying on like idiots I have a problem with. It's all about respect.

Not everything needs the 'legal' or 'illegal' tag on it. There's something called common sense and something else called compassion.. If you don't care about others, why don't you move into the mountains?

At the same time, there are exceptions, at least in my book.

Most of our neighbors are extremely quiet all the time.

I wouldn't dream of calling the police out for the odd dance party or holiday celebration.

Does it mean my sleep might be interrupted three or four times a year?

Yeah. So what? Is it annoying at the time? Yeah, it might be.

To me, it's just not that big a deal. I may want to celebrate something myself, someday.

It would be different if it was a habitual pattern of behaviour, that affected me more than a few times a year.

I can handle it and adjust on major fireworks-based holidys---it's the days before and the week after that really pisses me off....but I would never call the cops because I used to do the same thing pre-career/adulthood. Besides, it's legal.

But 4wheelers flying by my house at 10pm?? Oh heck yeah I'd call it in.....or go outside and shake my fist...depending on my mood. 4 wheelers are louder than fireworks IMO. I'm not anti-ATV, but I think those things have a time and a place---my front yard at 10pm ain't it.

At the same time, there are exceptions, at least in my book.

Most of our neighbors are extremely quiet all the time.

I wouldn't dream of calling the police out for the odd dance party or holiday celebration.

Does it mean my sleep might be interrupted three or four times a year?

Yeah. So what? Is it annoying at the time? Yeah, it might be.

To me, it's just not that big a deal. I may want to celebrate something myself, someday.

It would be different if it was a habitual pattern of behaviour, that affected me more than a few times a year.

The people in my cul de sac are great about cleaning up after themselves n' stuff...it's the idiots that live down the road <_<

Still, they're obeying the law. While I may be inconvinenced for a little while I would never dream about ruining someone else's fun....I won't be that grinch person! :D

We had fireworks and some friends came over. We had a blast too! The boys really enjoyed it! We weren't the only ones with fireworks, a lot of our neighbors were shooting off fireworks, well before it was dark enough and after we were done.

My issue was not the noise, altough at 2am it was a little bit much since I had to be up to go to work at 5. :rolleyes: My concern was the people in the sub behind us that were launching rockets into our sub. They were the illegel kind as Ga. does not allow large aerials that rain down color. They were in there back yard launching them into our sub, with no regard as to where they landed. My fear was the fact they were landing in my neighbor and my yard and I frankly didn't feel like putting out a fire at 2AM. As the Mrs's said, between 10 and 11 we had neighbors firing them off in the street, making sure to clean up the next day etc. No issue at all, it was the 2 AM ones from the next sub over that pissed me off.