Paulding.com

Please pray for my Grandmother..

She's 86 and has had a stroke. My dad just called and said that her heart was suddenly racing at 190 beats per min, and that she had to be rushed to the hospital. She is in critical condition at this time. Your prayers and good vibes are much appreciated at this time....

Thanks Again.

Well, she passed away this morning around 5am.

Catherine Bird Allen

86 yrs old

Murphy, NC

She was married for over 62 years to Abe Allen until he passed away a couple years ago.

Together they raised 4 boys and a girl, all still living in and around the Appalachia Mountains.

Grandmother to 20, Great Grandmother to more kids than we can count! and also Great Great Grandmother to 2.

I'll remember her best for always being fierce, brave and fun.

Here are some of the things that made her my grandma,

Emptying the bread out of all the bread bags, and putting them on our feet , so we could play out in the snow when we were little.

Making playdoh out of flour, then actually helping us make doll furniture out of it.

Letting us make a tent fort out of her coffee table so that we could watch Laugh In (Sock it to me baby!) Which our parents wouldn't let us watch at home.

Making a shirt without a pattern and giving it to me last year, cause she had made 2 shirts, and now we could match!

Always ending a meal with honey and peanut butter on a slice of bread. (Her husband was a beekeeper and this is how she supported his hobby)

Never letting you leave her house unless you had a salami sandwich or a bowl of cereal, cause God only knows when the last time you ate was!

Calling my granddad (Pap) Daddy.

Chasing a black bear and her cubs, and dragging me and my terrified brother along!!

Defending her kids fiercely always. Even when they were wrong! (She wouldn't allow us to say anything bad about our parents or uncles... her babies.... ever!)

I love her and miss her, but you know...heaven is where we're all suppose to be. She's already there, and everyone she's ever loved and lost is there with her...

Edited by SouthernChickie

Catherine Bird Allen

86 yrs old

Murphy, NC

She was married for over 62 years to Abe Allen until he passed away a couple years ago.

Together they raised 4 boys and a girl, all still living in and around the Appalachia Mountains.

Grandmother to 20, Great Grandmother to more kids than we can count! and also Great Great Grandmother to 2.

Emptying the bread out of all the bread bags, and putting them on our feet , so we could play out in the snow when we were little.

Making playdoh out of flour, then actually helping us make doll furniture out of it.

Letting us make a tent fort out of her coffee table so that we could watch Love In (Sock it to me baby!) Which our parents wouldn't let us watch at home.

Making a shirt without a pattern and giving it to me last year, cause she had made 2 shirts, and now we could match!

Always ending a meal with honey and peanut butter on a slice of bread. (Her husband was a beekeeper and this is how she supported his hobby)

Never letting you leave her house unless you had a salami sandwich or a bowl of cereal, cause God only knows when the last time you ate was!

Chasing a black bear and her cubs, and dragging me and my terrified brother along!!

Defending her kids fiercely always. Even when they were wrong! (She wouldn't allow us to say anything bad about our parents or uncles... her babies.... ever!)

I love her and miss her, but you know...heaven is where we're all suppose to be. She's already there, and everyone she's ever loved and lost is there with her...

I am so sorry for your loss. But what awesome memories you have of her to cherish.

That's a great gift!!

Southern Chickie I am so sorry for your loss. I thank you for sharing your memories of her, and reninding me of all the fun things I used to do with my Grandmother. And you're right, now she is where she needs to be. I bet you "Daddy" was missing her.

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom

Catherine Bird Allen

86 yrs old

Murphy, NC

Letting us make a tent fort out of her coffee table so that we could watch Laugh In (Sock it to me baby!) Which our parents wouldn't let us watch at home.

Southern Chickie I am so sorry to hear this! :(

you're in my thoughts & prayers! :wub:

If you need anything let me know! :wub:

I'm so sorry. I know what your going through, my Grandma, just passed away in March, at the age of 96 (2 months shy of 97).

I can tell you that while you don't see any light right now, it does and will get better and easier to deal with. She will always be missed, but the memories will over power the sadness. For she in now in a wonderful, warm, happy place, with her husband of so many years. :blush:

My prayers are with you and your family.