Paulding.com

Wonder if this is Travis Tritt's horse??? He is in the corner of Pine Valley and Bennet and he has horses!!!

I am not sure. And it did occur on Pine Valley with a cross road of Bennett, but could actually be several houses away from Bennett. They just have to give a cross street whenever they give a location.

there are a few families with horses in that area

:angry:

:(

Complainant at 278 Pine Valley Rd called to say his neighbor shot his horse, because it went into the neighbors yard. :angry:

I think I heard this right. I will keep listening and keep you posted

Holy cowwwwww

no

Holy Horse :ph34r:

That's not funny really... :glare:

maybe the horse was talking. :wacko:

I mean I can't say anything cause I dont know the whole story

Holy cowwwwww

no

Holy Horse :ph34r:

That's not funny really... :glare:

maybe the horse was talking. :wacko:

I mean I can't say anything cause I dont know the whole story

you mean you didnt hear it from the horses mouth?

Adequate. Just so's you know. ;)

That's awful about someone shooting a horse. :angry:

Oh gawd anoder spewing NAZI <_<

leave horsepower alone....dang

I mean do you really have to highlite and bold that kinda thing... :blink:

it is legal to shoot any animal that is not yours if it is on your property and it is unwanted, and yes you can go around shooting a gun as long as you have a permit, and you are atleast 50 yds from the road or any structure, i believe

Are you sure? I ask because I was on the phone once wiht animal control as a pit bill had just "cornered" a dog on my porch. They were on a "emergency call" and I told them I'd shoot the dog if it came back and cornered my kid again and he told me it was a crime (misdemeanor or felony, can't remember the term)....

Are you sure? I ask because I was on the phone once wiht animal control as a pit bill had just "cornered" a dog on my porch. They were on a "emergency call" and I told them I'd shoot the dog if it came back and cornered my kid again and he told me it was a crime (misdemeanor or felony, can't remember the term)....

7 years ago I had to shoot a pit bull that attacked a cat at a friend's barn. I was working my horse and heard yelling, Sandy was hitting the dog with a mop and the pit had the cat by the neck killing it. I came around the barn and saw what was going on and took my pistol out of the truck. When the pit finished killing the cat he came after Sandy, she ran behind the fence where I was and the bog came after both of us. I shot it 2 times it then crawled back home. We called animal control and SO and when the "Barry Fief " SO showed up it was unreal. First he was going to arrest me for firing a fire arm, and wanted me to surrender my gun. Well guess what neither happened. 1. I was on private property and in Paulding co. if you are not in a sub. or city limits it is not against the law to fire a gun. 2. I have a permit to carry a hand gun. The deputy was not even upset that the dog had killed the cat or tried to attack us. Animal control went to the home down the street and picked up the dog, it was dead. The owner was not sited even he had let the dog run around for days. I hate to kill anything and feel that it was not the dogs fault that it had a bad owner. By the way that deputy is no longer with Paulding.

it is legal to shoot any animal that is not yours if it is on your property and it is unwanted, and yes you can go around shooting a gun as long as you have a permit, and you are atleast 50 yds from the road or any structure, i believe

Sweeeeeeeet

7 years ago I had to shoot a pit bull that attacked a cat at a friend's barn. I was working my horse and heard yelling, Sandy was hitting the dog with a mop and the pit had the cat by the neck killing it. I came around the barn and saw what was going on and took my pistol out of the truck. When the pit finished killing the cat he came after Sandy, she ran behind the fence where I was and the bog came after both of us. I shot it 2 times it then crawled back home. We called animal control and SO and when the "Barry Fief " SO showed up it was unreal. First he was going to arrest me for firing a fire arm, and wanted me to surrender my gun. Well guess what neither happened. 1. I was on private property and in Paulding co. if you are not in a sub. or city limits it is not against the law to fire a gun. 2. I have a permit to carry a hand gun. The deputy was not even upset that the dog had killed the cat or tried to attack us. Animal control went to the home down the street and picked up the dog, it was dead. The owner was not sited even he had let the dog run around for days. I hate to kill anything and feel that it was not the dogs fault that it had a bad owner. By the way that deputy is no longer with Paulding.

Wow! I believe animal control does the best they can do. This pit had been around our house (and the neighbors) several times. Bit one kid, ect. They kept taking and fining the owners...owners went to court and paid HIGH fines but in the end, THE owners wouldn't keep him "up" and ended up putting him down

• 3 weeks later...

Uh... WRONG!

You can shoot an animal that is doing damage to your property OR being a threat to you.

Otherwise, you cannot.

If I don't want a song bird in my yard and I shoot it, guess what? I just shot a protected animal

that wasn't endangering my property or threatening me... NOT legal.

You shoot a dog in your yard that is not threatening you or damaging your property,

you can be brought up on cruelty to animals charges.

And no, you don't need a permit to fire a gun. You need a permit

to CARRY a hand-gun in public or you need a permit to HUNT on public property.

You can carry a long-gun without a permit, legally, if you are (I think it's 18, might be 21 or over).

You MUST be 21 or older to carry a hand-gun.

If I'm the required distance from the road, other houses, schools, am not in the city limits, and I'm on my own property,

I do not need a permit or anything else to shoot.

Edited by Nitro