Paulding.com

I saw one hovering just off Nebo close to Laird road. Not far enough over to be at Panter. I don't know what was up. It hovered for several minutes, then moved a few hundred yards and hovered again. it probably wasn't 50 ft off of the ground.

I saw one hovering just off Nebo close to Laird road. Not far enough over to be at Panter. I don't know what was up. It hovered for several minutes, then moved a few hundred yards and hovered again. it probably wasn't 50 ft off of the ground.

i saw it too (in the same area) and then it disappeared.

I just went down laird - there was a police officer and several other vehicles pulled to the side - they appeared to be looking in the woods - when I came back through they were moving on and I saw the Helicopter very low over Ridge.

More like concerned!! Do you realize how many grade schools are in this area?!

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not..but I heard somehting baout a traffic stop and the driver jumped out and ran :unsure:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not..but I heard somehting baout a traffic stop and the driver jumped out and ran :unsure:

May have been what happened on Laird - they did leave a car there

I heard one pretty loud today, I am close to Nebo Elem., off Bob Hunton. I hear them so often now though that I didn't pay it much attention b/c I only heard it one time, there wasn't like a landing and take off it just hovered and was gone!

Helecopter droped down and hovered for 10 minutes or so over Nebo Elementary sometime about Noon this morning.

Anyone know why?

We weren't told WHY it was going to be near Nebo, but that it would be but was not going to land. So the office was told it was going to happen before it did...

That sounds like a land survey. I only say this because my friend's dad takes off from Hiram to survey, and I've ridden with him twice. If they were at the elementary schools they might also be doing what's sort of a 'zone check'. My dad (a cop) told me about it. Choppers go out every once in a while to make sure that, in the event of an emergency, they have safe access. That would make sense too.

The one I saw was blue and white, but I couldn't read any writing. I wasn't close enough.

I was at The Playground of Dreams when a helicopter took off from a pad behind there about that time. Must be the same one. I couldn't read the markings, but it was blue and white.

I saw a Life Flight or Emory Life Flight, (watever it is called, blue and white,) helicopter and a Fire Truck, in the Old Save-Rite parking lot at Hwy 92 and Brownsville Rd about 4:30 today. Not sure why, but they looked as if they were waiting on an ambulance to arrive with a patient. THAT WAS JUST MY GUESS, NOTHING MORE!!

Hubby saw that one between 2:30 and 2:45.

There have been a lot of power line surveys over west Cobb the past few days. Helicopters fly low and slow (500 feet or so) over power lines to check them out. They do this quite a bit, but this helicopter (blue and red, kinda striped) seemed lower than most.