Paulding.com

It was some young boys shooting a gun in the woods behind their house. The police found the gun after about 4 hours and arrested the juveniles. No biggie really considering I hear gunshots all the time from one direction or another. In fact, I couldn't believe the waste of time and effort put into the entire thing. They really didn't need that many officers (was 9 cars total) to include K9. The majority were standing around doing nada, while the detectives seemed to have done the majority of the legwork.

Edited by justgettingby

I am glad it was just boys shooting at targets or whatever,but they have to take calls seriously when they don't know what the full situation is. About 6 weeks ago I had 10 or more cars in front of my house when a guy shot a shotgun at another guy so maybe that was fresh in their minds.

Well, I am glad it was taken care of. I mean, there are a lot of families (many with young children) in the neighborhood and Lord only knows where the bullets could go. Yes, shooting to woods seesm harmless but you never know if a bullet could ricochet back to them or into another house.

I did notice all of the "nada" working officers and was a bit taken back by that!

By the way, I saw 7 gold cars and 1 blackish blue car...Who drives the black/blue cars?

Edited by Hopper626

Uh, does it not alarm anybody that a bunch of juveniles had guns and were out in a back yard shooting them? Where did they get the guns from, and where were the adults to these kids? I don't care if it was seemingly harmless. The Columbine kids were just out in the woods shooting at targets before they pulled off there massacre. I think some questions need to be asked of all of these kids, and their parents, at the very least.

The boys are in plenty of trouble. Hello, they were all arrested. I just don't see how it warranted 9 cars for over 4 hours with the majority of them doing nothing. Wasn't there anything else going on in Paulding County that they could be handling?

I don't remember now what the black one was, but I think it was "DUI task Force" on the side. Although I could be wrong.

Uh, does it not alarm anybody that a bunch of juveniles had guns and were out in a back yard shooting them? Where did they get the guns from, and where were the adults to these kids? I don't care if it was seemingly harmless. The Columbine kids were just out in the woods shooting at targets before they pulled off there massacre. I think some questions need to be asked of all of these kids, and their parents, at the very least.

How old are they, what were they shooting at and what types of guns? Growing up when I was 16 years old I had a rifle and a target in the woods behind be grandfathers farm and used to shoot all the time not a big deal at all.

Who would have guessed that some teens shoting trees would draw so much attention in a small southern town?

If this was a neighborhood and someone could have been hurt that is a different story other then that, ask the parents to search the kids rooms, if nothing looks weird the cops most likely scared the piss out of um and they won't do it again. If there is a second call to the house haul to jail.

How old are they, what were they shooting at and what types of guns? Growing up when I was 16 years old I had a rifle and a target in the woods behind be grandfathers farm and used to shoot all the time not a big deal at all.

Who would have guessed that some teens shoting trees would draw so much attention in a small southern town?

If this was a neighborhood and someone could have been hurt that is a different story other then that, ask the parents to search the kids rooms, if nothing looks weird the cops most likely scared the piss out of um and they won't do it again. If there is a second call to the house haul to jail.

They were hauled to jail, from what is being said in this thread. I also understand that this is a subdivision that it was done in, so it is not the same thing as being on grandpa's farm. I aslo assume that your parents/grandparents knew and somewhat supervised you while you were doing this. The difference is, this was a group of several teens, in a subdivision, and although I don't have all the facts, it sounds like there weren't really any adults supervising. How many of those kid's parents knew that they were all playing with guns? Probably not very many, if any at all. I think we are talking totally different situations here, than what you were doing as a child.

Go Blue, My husband grew up on a farm...60+ acres to be exact and they had very few reisdence aroung them. He even knows better than to shoot a gun into woods behind a house that backs up to OTHER homes. The bullets could have traveled..GRavity, Hello!! What goes up, must come down!!

My husband hit the roof when I told him what happened. His fisrt concern, like many other parents, was CHILDREN!!!! We have a 2year old and God help the person if something happens to her because of idiots like this. The house these kids live in is in a cul-de-sac with kids in most of the surrounding homes.

Growing up in the sticks has nothing to do with this...it's lazy parents! They don't want to have time for their kids so, of course, kids get bored and get into trouble.

Well, I am glad it was taken care of. I mean, there are a lot of families (many with young children) in the neighborhood and Lord only knows where the bullets could go. Yes, shooting to woods seesm harmless but you never know if a bullet could ricochet back to them or into another house.I did notice all of the "nada" working officers and was a bit taken back by that!

By the way, I saw 7 gold cars and 1 blackish blue car...Who drives the black/blue cars?

Yeah especially cause I live in the subdivision behind the woods where they were shooting. Could have been very bad cause their were children having a birthday party on the other side of the woods. So for those that think it is was no big deal, perhaps if it was YOUR children having a party and not knowing who or where the bullets are coming from you may have a different opinion <_<

Seriously! If these kids have guns, what's stopping them from taking the guns to school?

Seriously! If these kids have guns, what's stopping them from taking the guns to school?

My point exactly. Could have been just the preparation of something much more serious, or the results of a horrible accident that started off with a bunch kids playing around and not thinking of the consequences.

I heard from a VERY reliable source the gun confiscated was a handgun...a 45 to be exact.

Maybe with all the dead bodies showing up around here lately they have started taking all reports of gunshots very seriously.

Wonder who owns the gun. Don't you have to be over 21 to purchase handguns?

Yet another case of people not reading what was posted.....I guess my parents and grandparents were morons for allowing me to shot :rolleyes: I only hope that my family will be as smart as all of you one day <_<

Edited by Go BLUE!
huh? :blink:

I was jumped on for my post so I thought I would point out that I am in agreement with everyone.

The first thing I said was that if we need to know what kind of gun it was and what they were shooting at and where they were shooting, age is also a factor....people did not read this so I highligted it for them. I also said that while it was OK for me to target shot on a farm it would not be ok if the kids were in a subdivision several posters seemed to take my post as I was OK with the kids shooting the guns and I just wanted to point out where I did not say that. As for the other comment that was regarded for this post.

Go Blue, My husband grew up on a farm...60+ acres to be exact and they had very few reisdence aroung them. He even knows better than to shoot a gun into woods behind a house that backs up to OTHER homes. The bullets could have traveled..GRavity, Hello!! What goes up, must come down!!My husband hit the roof when I told him what happened. His fisrt concern, like many other parents, was CHILDREN!!!! We have a 2year old and God help the person if something happens to her because of idiots like this. The house these kids live in is in a cul-de-sac with kids in most of the surrounding homes.

Growing up in the sticks has nothing to do with this...it's lazy parents! They don't want to have time for their kids so, of course, kids get bored and get into trouble.

In which it was implied that I was stupid enough to think it would be OK to fire a gun into the woods when there are houses around. Yes I am that stupid :wacko: and so was my Grandfather who let me shot in the woods at his farm.

Edited by Go BLUE!
I was jumped on for my post so I thought I would point out that I am in agreement with everyone.

The first thing I said was that if we need to know what kind of gun it was and what they were shooting at and where they were shooting, age is also a factor....people did not read this so I highligted it for them. I also said that while it was OK for me to target shot on a farm it would not be ok if the kids were in a subdivision several posters seemed to take my post as I was OK with the kids shooting the guns and I just wanted to point out where I did not say that. As for the other comment that was regarded for this post.

In which it was implied that I was stupid enough to think it would be OK to fire a gun into the woods when there are houses around. Yes I am that stupid :wacko: and so was my Grandfather who let me shot in the woods at his farm.

I am sorry you felt like you were jumped on. I didn't read anyone's response to you as jumping on you. I tried to word my response very carefully to make sure I did not come across that way. If I did, then I apologize. I don't feel anyone was trying to jump on you, they were just pointing out, that in different circumstances, and even in a different time, this may have been ok, but not when and where this particular incident took place.