Paulding.com

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that someone was trying to prove a point to said child - who knows how he was behaving before this? ((one of those - stop kicking your sister or you're going to walk kind of things))

I'm thinking that someone was trying to prove a point to said child - who knows how he was behaving before this? ((one of those - stop kicking your sister or you're going to walk kind of things))

So true that is what it seems like.....Child was transported now by officer to Poole Elementary.

Also heard one officer 10-95 one female to jail. Not sure if this is the same one though.

Edited by jmd

seems sad to me that we allow our police officers to decide HOW we raise our children! WHY did the officer transport to Poole?

woooo weeeee ---- I've gotta get out the house now - before I have flames spitting out of my ears --

~ Sigh ~ and we wonder why our children threaten us with "I'll call the cops (or dfacs)"

I feel they should come to aid/investigate the situation. If there is HARM or NEGLECT being done, then yes, they should step in. If there is no harm/neglect, let the parent continue on.

However, in this case, it appears since the backpack went with mom (in her car/trunk) and kid went with cop there was no harm or neglect. If there was, the parent would have gone with the cop to the local jail hall right? This proved nothing to the kid.

I state this assuming that this was a punishment of some sort and discipline.

Regardless of the reason, I think this is awful. I saw the kid and the car on Holly Springs. The car was WAY ahead of the kid. There is no way this Mom could even see her child walking. Holly Springs is such a dangerous road, especially near head start. I see people run off the road all the time.

*My guess* is that the kid missed the bus and Mom was making him walk to school. (I asked the kid where he was going and he said "Poole") I realize everyone has different ways of parenting... but please, don't put your child in a dangerous situation as punishment. Take away his video games or something... don't make him walk down a busy road. It's an awfully long and dangerous walk for anyone, let alone a small child, to walk from (I'm guessing Southern Trace/Sunset Mtn area) to Poole Elementary.

~ Sigh ~ and we wonder why our children threaten us with "I'll call the cops (or dfacs)"

I feel they should come to aid/investigate the situation. If there is HARM or NEGLECT being done, then yes, they should step in.

However, in this case, it appears since the backpack went with mom (in her car/trunk) and kid went with cop there was no harm or neglect. This proved nothing to the kid.

I state this assuming that this was a punishment of some sort and discipline.

ah - but busymom, did you not realize that the GOVERNMENT can decide HOW and WHEN and WHERE we disipline our children?!!?

~~~ ugg........ I have no warm & fuzzy thoughts to add to this - I HOPE this child WAS indeed in danger! Otherwise, big brother just gave me one more reason to buy my own island!

Regardless of the reason, I think this is awful. I saw the kid and the car on Holly Springs. The car was WAY ahead of the kid. There is no way this Mom could even see her child walking. Holly Springs is such a dangerous road, especially near head start. I see people run off the road all the time.

*My guess* is that the kid missed the bus and Mom was making him walk to school. (I asked the kid where he was going and he said "Poole") I realize everyone has different ways of parenting... but please, don't put your child in a dangerous situation as punishment. Take away his video games or something... don't make him walk down a busy road. It's an awfully long and dangerous walk for anyone, let alone a small child, to walk from (I'm guessing Southern Trace/Sunset Mtn area) to Poole Elementary.

MAYBE, the child got kicked off the school bus for bad behavior? I agree this probably wasn't the smartest thing for mom to do. HOWEVER, sometimes taking things away doesn't work...nor does sitting in a seat, corner, etc or whoppins..... :glare:

I don't know where Poole is compared to this location so I can't gauge the distance for a reality of it.

ah - but busymom, did you not realize that the GOVERNMENT can decide HOW and WHEN and WHERE we disipline our children?!!?

~~~ ugg........ I have no warm & fuzzy thoughts to add to this - I HOPE this child WAS indeed in danger! Otherwise, big brother just gave me one more reason to buy my own island!

And SOMETIMES that's the BIG problem <_<

I have seen some real good Cops who basically tell the kid, you deserved to get you a$$ whopped or tell the parents to "carry on" if there is no harm/neglect. With that being said, I also know there are some officials who will lock you up and toss the key away for a whoppin (not a beating). :mellow:

I will admit, I don't know this whole situation, so, I'm judging on assumptions

I don't think any child should be walking behind a car down a busy damn road...I mean come on people, especially at that age!! :angry2: :angry2: I would find another means of punishment other than walking behind a car...wtf???

Kudos to the officer for making sure the child made it to school safely......that should be the mother's first concern :glare:

I don't know where Poole is compared to this location so I can't gauge the distance for a reality of it.

Poole is 5 miles from my house. If he came from one of the subdivisions, then he had to have been walking for *at least* a mile before he passed me.

Poole is 5 miles from my house. If he came from one of the subdivisions, then he had to have been walking for *at least* a mile before he passed me.

but, maybe she wasn't going to make him walk the whole way? I don't know....it's hard to judge not knowing the reality of it.

Looks like it is in a subdivison. If the kid is between 6-9 I am guess that he walks to the bus stop anyway so what is the big deal? It's not like he was walking on I75? This is the issue these days, kids have all the rights and we don't allow parents to teach them any lessons.

I thought that if you miss your bus in the morning when you are that little that you go to bed earlier or wake up earlier....thats what used to be our punishment when we were lil. The famous "If you can't get up in the morning I guess you'll have to start going to bed earlier" always motivated us to get up and get with it the next morning :lol:

Looks like it is in a subdivison. If the kid is between 6-9 I am guess that he walks to the bus stop anyway so what is the big deal? It's not like he was walking on I75? This is the issue these days, kids have all the rights and we don't allow parents to teach them any lessons.

I think if the lesson involves putting a kid on a busy road walking then yes, the parent shouldn't have any rights to discipline, as they apparently can't use their head. The roads he was spotted on is NOT a subdivision.

PS - I wish we had sidewalks out there....atleast on one side of the road. I live 1/4th mile from the school out at this end and won't even be able to walk my kid there because the roads are so busy and there are no sidewalks.

I think if the lesson involves putting a kid on a busy road walking then yes, the parent shouldn't have any rights to discipline, as they apparently can't use their head. The roads he was spotted on is NOT a subdivision.

in the initial report it was stated he crossed goldmine road.

I saw this kid when he was walking on Goldmine towards 278, Mama was sitting in her car way behind him, on the other side of the road, laughing. WTF?? At that time in the morning, people are racing towards the four-lane, nobody drives the speed limit! If this was a TEEN, perhaps I'd just roll my eyes at his mother's parenting choices, but this boy was no older than a 3rd grader and he was in danger and looked scared out of his mind. SHE was causing danger to other people as well, by sitting on the side of the road like that and with everyone rubber-necking to figure out WTH was going on with this kid.

NO, HWY 278 ins't I-75, but the speed limit is 65mph with no stop lights for many miles so it may as well be. Plenty of commuters, large trucks and hurried parents to miss a frightened CHILD walking by himself to school.

I saw this kid when he was walking on Goldmine towards 278, Mama was sitting in her car way behind him, on the other side of the road, laughing. WTF?? At that time in the morning, people are racing towards the four-lane, nobody drives the speed limit! If this was a TEEN, perhaps I'd just roll my eyes at his mother's parenting choices, but this boy was no older than a 3rd grader and he was in danger and looked scared out of his mind. SHE was causing danger to other people as well, by sitting on the side of the road like that and with everyone rubber-necking to figure out WTH was going on with this kid.

NO, HWY 278 ins't I-75, but the speed limit is 65mph with no stop lights for many miles so it may as well be. Plenty of commuters, large trucks and hurried parents to miss a frightened CHILD walking by himself to school.

I tried to post earlier - in a response to someone else that saw firsthand, but my internet went down (thanks Bellsouth) :rolleyes:

It makes a difference having an eyewitness - I'll easily admit that - I don't live in that area, but I do know where Poole is located - not having first hand knowledge of which roads he was walking, and exactly where he was, it's hard to have a real opinion - NO, I'm not saying that ANY parent has the right to put a child in danger - but when I first read it, it sounded more like a parent that was trying to prove a point - only to have interference from outsiders -

If this child was in danger - yes, the parent should be punished and someone should step in to make sure this child was safe - but IF this was a parent that booted her kid out of the car because he was acting horrid, allows him to walk 1/4 mile on a side road as a way to show him that he will NOT behave this way, and BOOM - big brother government man jumps in to save the day - totally different story -

again, to those that saw this child this morning - only you are able to gauge the situation - the rest of us are only left with the visual our minds create -

Where are all of our p.com "walked to school barefoot, uphill, in the snow" generation??

this child was made to cross goldmine by his self. she sat in the car and watched. he was about 6 years old. there was a bus driver that pulled over to try and help. the mom got out of her car and said something to the bus driver and the bus driver left. i was there and i saw what was going on. this was a little fellow he had no business crossing goldmine and walking down the side of gold mine. there were cars blowing at him. the mom sat in her little car and held up traffic. then she would pull over and sit on the side of the road for traffic to pass. she was not following close to him... this chapped my rear end.

I tried to post earlier - in a response to someone else that saw firsthand, but my internet went down (thanks Bellsouth) <_< - but that's a whole different thread - :rolleyes:

It makes a difference having an eyewitness - I'll easily admit that - I don't live in that area, but I do know where Poole is located - not having first hand knowledge of which roads he was walking, and exactly where he was, it's hard to have a real opinion - NO, I'm not saying that ANY parent has the right to put a child in danger - but when I first read it, it sounded more like a parent that was trying to prove a point - only to have interference from outsiders -

If this child was in danger - yes, the parent should be punished and someone should step in to make sure this child was safe - but IF this was a parent that booted her kid out of the car because he was acting horrid, allows him to walk 1/4 mile on a side road as a way to show him that he will NOT behave this way, and BOOM - big brother government man jumps in to save the day - totally different story -

again, to those that saw this child this morning - only you are able to gauge the situation - the rest of us are only left with the visual our minds create -

Where are all of our p.com "walked to school barefoot, uphill, in the snow" generation??

I think that generation is long gone. It's the generation of "i'm gonna stick my nose where it doesnt belong because I feel that its my business somehow since I've seen a whole 2 minutes of someone else's life" now. :)

he was not in a subdivision... he was crossing and walking down gold mine rd in front of scotts store.

Edited by troublefree
I think that generation is long gone. It's the generation of "i'm gonna stick my nose where it doesnt belong because I feel that its my business somehow since I've seen a whole 2 minutes of someone else's life" now. :)

Regardless I don't think a child should be walking down a busy road during rush hour traffic....Thank God for people who do stick there nose in cause otherwise there would be alot more children injured or dead......The mother is a stupid biotch for even thinking up the idea

I tried to post earlier - in a response to someone else that saw firsthand, but my internet went down (thanks Bellsouth) <_< - but that's a whole different thread - :rolleyes:

I'm with ya BBG :blush:

oh for god's sake....

:o

Funny, thats what I say when I read your posts.... :)

:o :o

Thank you!

Regardless I don't think a child should be walking down a busy road during rush hour traffic....Thank God for people who do stick there nose in cause otherwise there would be alot more children injured or dead......The mother is a stupid biotch for even thinking up the idea

Perhaps it wasn't her shining moment as Mother of The Year, but I bet you a buck whatever that kid did to deserve to get to walk to school this morning will stick with him for quite some time.

and at what point did someone verify that it was the MOTHER of this child sitting in her car??

how do we know it wasn't an aunt, a neighbor, etc.... ???

How do you come across saying it looks like it is in a subdivision? Goldmine road is NOT a subdivision! It is what use to be called Rockmart Hwy! You may need to take a trip out this way and see where this little child was walking from and to!! Directions are: Take 278 towards Rockmart then you will turn left on Goldmine!!! Go all the way to Scott's market!!!! Turn your butt around and go back until you get to Poole Elem on the left!!!!! See what situation this child was in!!!!!!!!!!!! Then IF you can YOU figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it wasn't her shining moment as Mother of The Year, but I bet you a buck whatever that kid did to deserve to get to walk to school this morning will stick with him for quite some time.

Yeah, maybe DFACs will get involved!!!!!!

and I quarenfreakingtee each of you that IF this happened to be one of those troubled youths that threatened to blow up his school/church/neighborhood - we would be having a totally different conversation now wouldn't we?!

remember = age is irrelevant <_<

Yeah, maybe DFACs will get involved!!!!!!

ohhhh yeah -- cause that just makes everything sooooo much better <_< <_<