Paulding.com

Vickers

Austin Vickers, age 12, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Sunday, April 1, 2007. He was born on December 12, 1994, in Marietta, to Kevin M & Beth B. Vickers. Austin had attended Nebo Elementary and was currently in 6th grade at South Paulding Middle School. He played baseball for the South Paulding Bears from age 4 through age 12 and also for New Georgia Baseball from age 3 through age 12. Austin was a member of West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his parents, Kevin M. & Beth B. Vickers of Dallas; sister, Britaney Vickers of Dallas; grandparents, Virginia Breedlove and Bobby & Jan Vickers all of Dallas; and aunts, uncles and cousins.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2007, at 3:00 p.m., from West Ridge Church, with Reverend Brian Bloye officiating. Interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family wishes for friends to wear sports attire to the services. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday, April 9, 2007, from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Camp Sunshine, 1850 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033, or Leukemia/Lymphoma Society, 3715 Northside Parkway, Building 400, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30327, or Cancer Warriors, P. O. Box 949, Hiram, GA 30141.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home
Vickers

Austin Vickers, age 12, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Sunday, April 1, 2007. He was born on December 12, 1994, in Marietta, to Kevin M & Beth B. Vickers. Austin had attended Nebo Elementary and was currently in 6th grade at South Paulding Middle School. He played baseball for the South Paulding Bears from age 4 through age 12 and also for New Georgia Baseball from age 3 through age 12. Austin was a member of West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his parents, Kevin M. & Beth B. Vickers of Dallas; sister, Britaney Vickers of Dallas; grandparents, Virginia Breedlove and Bobby & Jan Vickers all of Dallas; and aunts, uncles and cousins.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2007, at 3:00 p.m., from West Ridge Church, with Reverend Brian Bloye officiating. Interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family wishes for friends to wear sports attire to the services. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday, April 9, 2007, from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Camp Sunshine, 1850 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033, or Leukemia/Lymphoma Society, 3715 Northside Parkway, Building 400, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30327, or Cancer Warriors, P. O. Box 949, Hiram, GA 30141.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

So very sad. We prayed for Austin at church yesterday. There is nothing more painful in this life than losing a child. God bless the Vickers family.

Kevin & Beth,

He will be missed but not forgotten.

May God look over your Family and Friends, may he also give you each of you the strength you need to cope.

If there is anything you need or want, let us know. The pain you are experiencing, I can't even begin to understand.

God Bless you.

Wes & Julie

Bus 177 (Allgood)

Formerly of California/HHYA Ballfield

Vickers

My thoughts and prayers are with the Vickers family and Austins friends during this time. May God comfort you and give you strength during these difficult times ahead.

:( I am so sad to hear this. Austin was such a great kid. My son played ball with Austin for a # of years at New Georgia Ballfield. My families thoughts and prayers are with the entire Vickers family. I am a mother of 2 and could only imagine the loss they feel. Austin had Lymphoblastic Lukemia (sp?) Please pray for strength for this family as that is what they will need the most. I actually just got off the phone with Beth, Austin's mother, and she has informed me that also in lieu of flowers, you can also make donations to the AUSTIN VICKERS LUEKEMIA FUND at any Regions bank. The family will then turn all funds over into Brittaney's, Austin's 5 year old sister, college fund in memory of her brother. Austins mother has also asked that anyone attending the funeral, to please wear your sports attire as that was Austin's 1st love. Any football, baseball, basketball uniforms,...please wear them. Beth's words exactly.."It's going to be a pep rally." Once again, please pray for this family, as they will need it.

We live in Berkeley Walk sub. and a couple of kids in there were very close to Austin. One of these kids had pretty long, dark hair with blonde highlights all in it. He came over to the house yesterday and his hair was cut really short. He had his parents take him to get his hair cut just like Austin's in the picture on the link above. He did it to honor Austin. I was really touched. And with his hair cut like that, he looked like he could be Austin's brother.

Prayers for the family.

Kevin called me today and we were talking and I mentioned that this was on P.Com.He wanted me to remind anyone that is coming to the funeral absoutley NO SUITS AND TIES they feel very strongly about this.So just a friendly reminder.Thanks.

Kevin called me today and we were talking and I mentioned that this was on P.Com.He wanted me to remind anyone that is coming to the funeral absoutley NO SUITS AND TIES they feel very strongly about this.So just a friendly reminder.Thanks.

oooooppppssss!!!I think I hit that button thingy to many times.Sooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

My condolenses and prayers are with this family.

I clicked on the link, saw that precious face and the light he had. :wub:

An incredibly strong child, who will suffer no more. God has a new angel by His side. :)

I remember going to the benefit singing they had for Austin {he was on my son's baseball team at the time} and listening to his parents testimony. To have that beautiful,wonderful feeling KNOWING that you are going to Heaven and for sure that you will see your loved one again....whew. They said they knew God had a plan........and in short that if it was God's will, it shall be done. That whatever the outcome were, if they saved one soul from the devil....{a little emotional here}, having a hard time here w/wording. How unselfish, devoted, ummm....tons of other words, which I am at a loss for right now. Sorry.

God Bless The Vickers entire family. You will probably never truly understand the magnitude of all that Austin & family have bestowed upon this world. Believe me your word is shining thru. Wish I could even fathom the strength,courage,devotion, etc. etc. that I see beaming thru ya'll. I would be "losing" it, and ya'll just seem to be strengthened even more so. Even people that never met Austin all say what an infectious smile he had. What a beautiful soul. Thx 4 sharing your trials and tribulations {pain & joy} into a form of helping the lost...-n- don't give up. Many, many lost souls to go.With love, respect, prayers, and curiosity,

One of the BombMom's

A very special shout out to Brother Randy Clarke and also Brother Steve Connell......Keep praying for me.

I am thinking I would have liked to have known Austin; he was so loved and known by so very many friends. I'm happy he loved the Lord like he did, and that his family loves the Lord. My prayers are with this dear family and friends. God bless you.

Does anyone know how they are doing and holding up? We haven't spoken to them, I figured so many people had been in and out of their home over the past week that we haven't called them or visited.

I went by to drop off some food. Her mom said Beth is holding up as could be expected. They had a last vewing the other day .It was hard on them all. They are very thankfull for all that have droped by. Also for the stuff people have brought. It has made there life a little easier through this time.. Her mom said she didn't realize how many lives he had touched. It was a wonderful thing to her to see .How he was loved. They are holding up. Thanks to everyone .For there thoughts,prayers and help.