Paulding.com

Was on the phone and only caught portions of this.

First caller said pit bull was harassing people walking with children and dogs.

Second hysterical caller (could remember the name of her subdivision) called to report that pit bull had mauled her dog.

Sorry, didn't catch street name at this time.

Animal control office was headed that way....

Was on the phone and only caught portions of this.

First caller said pit bull was harassing people walking with children and dogs.

Second hysterical caller (could remember the name of her subdivision) called to report that pit bull had mauled her dog.

Sorry, didn't catch street name at this time.

Animal control office was headed that way....

For all of the pit bull-lover crowd who say that "it's how you raise them"...it's never a golden retriever or a collie,is it? I'm a huge dog lover but pit bulls have proven to be too dangerous and untrustworthy. Isn't that the very reason that dogs are so lovable? Trust and loyalty.

I hope these people and the dog are okay.

For all of the pit bull-lover crowd who say that "it's how you raise them"...it's never a golden retriever or a collie,is it? I'm a huge dog lover but pit bulls have proven to be too dangerous and untrustworthy. Isn't that the very reason that dogs are so lovable? Trust and loyalty.

Oh oh...if you know what's best, you'll edit your post :ph34r:

I'm just gonna Say You're An IDIOT and save my time linking post - thanks and have a nice day :)

THe question is, is it really a Pitt or is it that an assumption that the caller made?

There are a lot of breeds easily mis-identified as Pitts, especially in the heat of the moment.

Here's a little test. Can you find the real Pitt Bull Terrior? http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Before you start bashing pittbulls and there owners, maybe you should do a little research first. Pitt bulls happen to be the most loving and loyal dogs.

The Pit Bull’s Bad Reputation

Sadly, pit bulls have acquired a reputation as unpredictable, dangerous, and vicious. Their intimidating appearance has made them attractive to the wrong sorts of owner—people who are looking for a macho dog and end up encouraging aggressive behavior. In order to meet the growing demand for pit bulls, unscrupulous and uncaring breeders are producing puppies without maintaining the breed’s typical reliability with people. In fact, pit bulls are now notorious for redirecting aggression from a dog to any person who attempts to break up a fight. It is a shame what has happened to this loyal and affectionate breed.

Having said all that, we must tell you that a well-bred, well-socialized, and well-trained pit bull is one of the most delightful, intelligent, and gentle dogs imaginable. Some of the most famous dogs in American history were pit bulls: Stubby, the most decorated United States war dog; Petey, the beloved mascot from Little Rascals, and Helen Keller’s faithful companion. Additionally, many pit bulls were featured in well-known advertising campaigns, such as Buster Brown shoes and Levis. The majority of pit bulls are still ambassadors for their breed, serving as loving companions, family members, and therapy dogs, working in search and rescue, narcotics and explosives detection, and police and sentry duty. Unfortunately, we often hear more about the exceptions than the rule.

This comes directly from the ASPCA website. Here is the link maybe all of pitt bull hating people should check this out. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_pitbull

Merritt Clifton in Clinton Washington should, but then why not provide a reference page on this report? hell even newpaper editors provide their sources!

General Tso's chicken anyone?

Its from Merrit Clifton. The original article more than likely sited the sources, but I don't have the time to track down the original.

General Tso's chicken? If its from the China Garden Buffet in Hiram....The dog might actually be better.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Weaver
Don't make me link all the non-pit stories.

I wish you would, its about time people see that other dogs are just as vicious and dangerous. There are many dogs out there smaller and a lot more vicious. Links to those stories is exactly what we need.

I Love My Pitt

100_0865.jpg

I wish you would, its about time people see that other dogs are just as vicious and dangerous. There are many dogs out there smaller and a lot more vicious. Links to those stories is exactly what we need.

I Love My Pitt

100_0865.jpg

Man, thats a good lucking kid and a good looking dog :)

They look familiar :)

Before you start bashing pittbulls and there owners, maybe you should do a little research first. Pitt bulls happen to be the most loving and loyal dogs.

This comes directly from the ASPCA website. Here is the link maybe all of pitt bull hating people should check this out. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_pitbull

Amen. My pitt is the most loving animal I have ever had. She is a total princess. I have said this before, but it's all in how you raise them. If there is ever a vicious dog (of ANY breed) it is bc the owners made them that way and that is all they have ever known.

Well, I took the test and I didn't get it right. Anyway, I think Pits get a bum rap. I knew someone that had a pit since just a few weeks and it was a gentle sweet pup. As a adult it was a good pup. I do have a golden and I have to admit to being a little afraid of dogs that I think are pits. I gotta say though that my golden would bite you in a New York instant if he felt I was being threatened. For that matter so would my black lab mix. If you look at the people on the news that have owned these pits that have attacked, they look to me like they have made their dogs mean. I know one just lately was bad underweight and they thought it was not being fed properly when it attacked a child. I'm scared of them I admit but unless one is made bad, I don't think he will be. Course, I have a 5 year old demon seed living next door to me that I wouldn't be surprised if my golden would bite if he could get to her. For that matter I'd like to bite her. On the flip side, the owners of any animal that injured one of my babies is in real trouble. If I had to injure an animal to save mine, I would but I'd rather have the opportunity to take it out of the irresponsible owners's hide.

Would everyone be worked up if I had posted "big brown dog causing havoc in neighborhood - just attached caller's dog?"

Nobody is worked up. Just trying to make a valid point that as soon as people see the word "Pitt" they automatically think of a vicious beast, and thats not always the case.

I don't think all pits are bad...no doubt with the right love and care, they are probably sweet dogs. Just as I'm sure a lab could probably be mean if trained to be. However, some dogs have certain tendencies that make them more apt to being mean, and or make them more dangerous when they are trained to be. If you look in my American Bulldog's mouth, her jaw muscles are so super huge, and I have no doubt that if she locked onto someone, she could do some SERIOUS damage. It's the same with pits. Not to mention that some dogs are just more aggressive by nature, making them easier to be trained to be mean, or not trained to behave.

There's a pit owner across the road from me, as I've said on here before, who has a VERY vicious male. (I really wonder if he fights his dogs or something, because he's always got a yard full of cars with people bringing their pits to his house.) He used to just let his dogs roam free, and I was chased into my house by one of them...not wanting to be petted, but barking and growling. When they are kept in the fence, the male jumps and growls and barks at the fence every time someone is in my front yard. He's done a little better about keeping him inside the house or whatever lately, but I'm still petrified for my kids to go out. In fact, I dreamed the other night that my two year old bolted out the door to see the "doggie" in the yard, and I didn't make it to her in time.

It all boils down to IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS. Dogs should not be allowed to roam free, REGARDLESS OF BREED. My American Bulldog is the most docile, loving dog we've ever had, BUT I don't take the chance that she might not be to a stranger...she is kept in the fence AT ALL TIMES.

well, I was going to respond to this - but it looks as though everyone else has said enough to make our point ~

Thanks All! :D

When I was at the shelter today giving out the tug toys I made to the pups there, this very small and very sweet good samaritan lady came in with two pit bulls she'd picked up at the corner of 92 and Dallas HWY, I think she said. Thank you, sweet woman, if you are on this board. You're a hero.

She came in and said she's found these two pits. One was wearing a collar and dragging a leash, and the other was not. She was dressed in light-colored clothing which had become very soiled by these two "viscious" pit bulls she'd picked up and brought to the shelter. She also mentioned that they'd just about killed her...WITH KISSES AND TAIL WAGS on her way to the shelter.

She had to answer about 500 questions before the dogs were brought in. Finally, they were taken from her SUV and brought inside...one was a male brindle, and the other was a female white with tan markings. Both were HUGE dogs.

The boy was the one with the collar and leash. The girl had nothing like that on and escaped for a few tense moments in the shelter parking lot. I was about to run out to help (I was at the front desk as all of this happened) but quickly the female was caught and leashed and both dogs were brought into the lobby there at the shelter.

As they came through the door, there were a couple of really small children walking out. I watched as BOTH OF THESE HORRID DOGS mauled those children with kisses. KISSES and KISSES and KISSES.

Sure, I was a bit afraid as the pits came through the door when small kids were going out the same door. I almost jumped to stop it.

Those two pups were so loving and sweet. All they wanted to do was kiss and love everyone, including the small children who were less than half their size.

I'll admit that pit bulls intimidate me if they are roaming free, and I will also admit that I was really frightened when I saw the pits coming up on those kids today. I have no problem admitting that fear.

I'll also admit that those were two really sweet dogs that came into the shelter today, and I'll add my hope that they found their way back to the very loving home that raised them. :wub: And that they get to plant wet smooches on a bunch more kids faces.

Having said all of that, I still think people need to be cautious around any dog--and especially a strong dog like a pit--that they don't personally know.

It's sad that this has been presented as an either/or discussion by those who dislike pits. A poodle can hurt you if it's been raised to eat your face and gets loose in your neighborhood.

Does anyone have any hard statistics that contradicts the numbers within this link?

Dog Attack Stats from Animal People

Jamie

Hey, this link didn't have chihuahuas on it. Now that is truly a vicious breed. Meanest thing I own that hates everyone but me. Yes she will growl at you and bark and yack. I am surprised that breed didn't make the charts. :p

Hey, this link didn't have chihuahuas on it. Now that is truly a vicious breed. Meanest thing I own that hates everyone but me. Yes she will growl at you and bark and yack. I am surprised that breed didn't make the charts. :p

The ONLY dog that has ever bitten me has been a chihuahua <_< I can't stand them.

Amen. My pitt is the most loving animal I have ever had. She is a total princess. I have said this before, but it's all in how you raise them. If there is ever a vicious dog (of ANY breed) it is bc the owners made them that way and that is all they have ever known.

This isn't always the case. My nephew was attacked by his 2 year old Chow - completely unprovoked. He got the dog as a 6 week old puppy and treated that dog like royalty. They were playing one evening and the dog just turned mean. He went for my nephew's face, ripping his upper lip off. My nephew never in the entire time he owned this dog treated him any way but kind. Some dogs just can't be trusted. They can change moods instantaneously.