Paulding.com

Wow...hope the parents are found soon. Maybe the child just wandered off like we've heard about in other cases. Unfortunately it happens even when people think they are securing their children in their home, etc.

Is this over by Taylor Farm park? I found 2 little kids a couple weeks ago there. One was about 1 was was about 3. Had to wait almost an hour before the sherriff got there and took them off my hands. Just when the police got there, the dad pulled up in his truck. They live next to the park and the 2 kids left the house and wandered to the park.

Bad thing is, it took the dad over an HOUR before he came looking for them. And, as far as I know, the cops just gave the kids back to him and sent them on their way....

Edited by SmoochieMom
Is this over by Taylor Farm park? I found 2 little kids a couple weeks ago there. One was about 1 was was about 3. Had to wait almost an hour before the sherriff got there and took them off my hands. Just when the police got there, the dad pulled up in his truck. They live next to the park and the 2 kids left the house and wandered to the park.

Bad thing it, it took the dad over an HOUR before he came looking for them. And, as far as I know, the cops just gave the kids back to him and sent them on their way....

Pine Valley is the road that Taylor Farm Park is on.

Bad thing is, it took the dad over an HOUR before he came looking for them. And, as far as I know, the cops just gave the kids back to him and sent them on their way....

I can easily see the temptation for a small child to go play there. I just can't imagine my little one being gone an hour and me not knowing where she is!

I can easily see the temptation for a small child to go play there. I just can't imagine my little one being gone an hour and me not knowing where she is!

Yeah no kidding. And I found them down at the edge of the pond. It could have so easily been a double drowning.

we just passed by there. i was wondering what was going on. a couple of grownups on the park side of pine valley, yet another young child, by themselves on the other side of the road. scared the crap outta me thinking that the younger kid was gonna run across pine valley to the grown ups. pine valley is quite a busy road now, and traffic does not always pay attention to the speed limit.

i do hope the child is returned to SAFETY though.

me :)

Guest Oscar
So, what happens in this case? Does the SO just start going door to door asking whose child it is since the child (if a 1 yr old) likely cannot tell them?

I think they might ask a few people in the area. If no leads the child is taken to DFCS/protective custody until the parents claim him/her.

OMG!! What the hell are the parents doing to not notice they're freaking baby has been gone for an hour?! They don't know how lucky they are that something terrible didn't happen to this kid, who is more than likely BARELY even walking. if people can't handle the responsibility of taking care of a child, they shouldn't have them. Period.

OMG!! What the hell are the parents doing to not notice they're freaking baby has been gone for an hour?! They don't know how lucky they are that something terrible didn't happen to this kid, who is more than likely BARELY even walking. if people can't handle the responsibility of taking care of a child, they shouldn't have them. Period.

I totally agree Georgiagirl. I want even let my little man out of my site when I'm out side or out of reach when we are in public. These parents are so irresponsible. How in the world do you not know your baby is not in the house or by your side. Thank the god these little one where o.k. they could have been hurt or way worse. People like that don't need kid!! :angry2:

a friend of mine fell asleep on her couch last week and her 3 year old unlocked the door and went outside. they live 4 doors down from us, luckily my boyfriend happened to come home and saw him outside alone. they're getting a different kind of lock but you never know what happened in this case. I can't believe that there were no questions in the case of the dad showing up and hour later though.

I hope this baby finds it's parents and that it was an honest mistake.

Just a thought but did anyone think that something might have HAPPENED to the parent supposed to be watching the baby?

And/Or the dad in the unrelated post might have been LOOKING for the kid for the hour you guys are thinking he wasn't aware?

Just a thought

if mine is quiet for more than 3-5 minutes I go looking for her...I can't imagine waiting an hour to notice she would be gone!!!

EXACTLY! That is what a PARENT does.

Just a thought but did anyone think that something might have HAPPENED to the parent supposed to be watching the baby?

And/Or the dad in the unrelated post might have been LOOKING for the kid for the hour you guys are thinking he wasn't aware?

Just a thought

You the parent?

Just a thought

Looking for the kid for an hour?? 1 year olds cant walk THAT fast...It probably took the kid an hour to go 50 ft down the road!

Unless something happened to the parent, It was just negligence.

Looking for the kid for an hour?? 1 year olds cant walk THAT fast...It probably took the kid an hour to go 50 ft down the road!

Unless something happened to the parent, It was just negligence.

Yep, my son walked at 10 months but no way could he get THAT far for that long. At one he wasn't silent unless he was asleep or getting into something. <---- THAT IS WHEN YOU CHECK ON THEM! If we napped during the day we napped together so I could hear him get up.

Shoot............Blake cant get into anyroom (b/c of nob locks) he doesnt need to be moreless out the front or back door, the gate keeps him up stairs and away from the front and the back STAYS locked on the nob/dead bolt and the chain b/c its a long way down to fall!

Unless the kids parents are dead there is no forgiving of letting your child be picked up on the side of a VERY VERY busy road, they better be kissing the mans feet........oh screw the feet kissing they owe the guy that called the SO for LIFE!

If my 2yr old is quiet in his room/playroom (since that is all he can get in) for more than 5min I am going to see what he is into and make sure he is ok!

When I first read the title I was like "WHAT?" Thank the lord the expedition was a honest person and called the police...stopped for that matter..I wonder how many people just drove by and said to themselves "What is a BABY walking down the road for?" I hope the parents aren't hurt I hope they are just losers.

a friend of mine fell asleep on her couch last week and her 3 year old unlocked the door and went outside. they live 4 doors down from us, luckily my boyfriend happened to come home and saw him outside alone. they're getting a different kind of lock but you never know what happened in this case. I can't believe that there were no questions in the case of the dad showing up and hour later though.

I hope this baby finds it's parents and that it was an honest mistake.

My oldest did this one Saturday morning. He was about 2, I think. He got up before we did one Saturday, unlocked the back door, went outside and we found him sitting on the front porch. Scared the daylights out of me!!! We wound up putting a slide lock on the door that same weekend up too high for him to reach! They can get away from you so fast!

I have these really nifty things that you put on your door and your door frame and you can set them to alarm or chime. So that way if my kid opens the door and he knows he isn't suppose to, I can hear it and go checking on him. They also make me feel better about if someone tries to break in.....

it's also possible that the parent's weren't even home this time of day - the baby could have very well slipped out of the home of the babysitter -

let's not start bashing parents when we have NO idea what the whole story is :D