Paulding.com

I have not had a chance to read the entire thread on this, but I what I did read, everyone is talking food. I had a thought. They are having to pay parking everyday at the hospital. How about someone pay for a pass for a couple of weeks. The parking can get really expensive paying by the day.

I have not had a chance to read the entire thread on this, but I what I did read, everyone is talking food. I had a thought. They are having to pay parking everyday at the hospital. How about someone pay for a pass for a couple of weeks. The parking can get really expensive paying by the day.

That sounds great. anything like that would be good, she is a single mom trying her best and I know all the unexpected expenses hurt. I talked with critty and she will be coordinating the donations..

thanks.

I checked into some info. It seems that MCDonald's is the closest food option other than small vendors that don't do gift cards.

I am told that Grady has a discounted parking pass for long term stays. I will get this info to the family. We obviously don't want several folks to go out buying a pass that expires next week.

If folks would like to contribute money to buy a pass or gift cards, I can collect this via paypal or meet folks in a central location to pick up donations. I can also collect MCDonald's cards (if you prefer not to donate cash/paypal) for the family.

I know it isn't ideal, but at least it will provide some food near the hospital. There is also a Whole Foods market near here and near Grady that I will let the family know about. I could get gift cards for that if it seems desirable. At this time I have not spoken to the family yet.

I am told I can ride MARTA from here to Grady and thus the mother and/or family could potentially ride it here if they would like a break form the hospital---we have an area that they could sit and relax (away from the hospital). I have spoken with clergy members and will speak with the family to determine if this is desired.

If you desire to donate to the family and would like to coordinate through me (Weesa asked me to post this), please post or PM me.

can someone post the orginial link to the topic - I have no idea who/what you are talking about.

I have a meeting Thursday Morning.. I would like to make some home made finger foods for them. Is this okay.. healthy delicious snack foods. Vending machines are expensive and maybe some drinks what would they prefer. How about Insurance?

Direction to the hosptial from Howell Mill would be great too.

I hope they catch those cruel evil vindictive people see how cruel kids are. Makes you wonder about their home lives. this is what I was gettting at with my post regarding gossip and rumors.. I hope maybe if others read my post they will see the light.

Original Post

This whole thing breaks my heart. My son is 19 and I'm concerned it might be someone he knows. Either way, it's horribly heartbreaking to think of what this young man is going thru and what his family is as well.

I hope the SOBs that did this get caught soon and someone in jail beats the living crap outta them. The girl too. It sickens me to think of them walking the street.

I pm's weesa but posting too.. just let me know what's available to do to help.

b.

Thank you so much that is really sweet of you, anything that you would like to do feel free.

b.

Thank you so much that is really sweet of you, anything that you would like to do feel free.

Edited by weesa
Critty I sent you a PM. :)

replied

I have a meeting Thursday Morning.. I would like to make some home made finger foods for them. Is this okay.. healthy delicious snack foods. Vending machines are expensive and maybe some drinks what would they prefer. How about Insurance?

Direction to the hosptial from Howell Mill would be great too.

I hope they catch those cruel evil vindictive people see how cruel kids are. Makes you wonder about their home lives. this is what I was gettting at with my post regarding gossip and rumors.. I hope maybe if others read my post they will see the light.

Lisa:

Would you want to meet me here at work and go to Grady with me?

when and where would you like to meet, let me know that way I can make arrangemnets for my kids..

You could meet me at my work (I was asking LIterally Blessed since she was going to be down here at Howell Mill--she's a Lisa also, but if you can go, that'd be great)...I can PM you with directions....???

You could meet me at my work (I was asking LIterally Blessed since she was going to be down here at Howell Mill--she's a Lisa also, but if you can go, that'd be great)...I can PM you with directions....???

oops!! sorry I just got lost in the moment I guess

If others would like to paypal money for this family you can use crittyL@yahoo.com and mark it for RR accident. You might also want to note your p.com name so I'll know who you are.

I can also pick up money or gift cards if we can work out a meeting place. If you wish your money to be donated as a gift card or parking pass rather than cash, please let me know that.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

This breaks my heart. My son will be 19 in 2 weeks. I can't imagine how I would react if this were my child. I pray he recovers fully.

Please let me know the name as soon as it is released. My son or daughter may know him. Thanks.

anyone else wish to help via paypal or gift cards?

Greeting cards actually might also be nice....perhaps folks would want to send cards? If so, PM me and I'll give you an address to mail them to.

I spent 6 weeks in the ICU waiting room at Grady. (The neuro ICU is great and the care is excellent.) My family was wonderful and the things I used the most were the McDonalds gift cards. I had a corner of the waiting room where I kept snacks in a bag and puzzle books, pens and note pads. I also ate at the Grady cafeteria. There were hours just sitting there and I was luck enough to have family visit every day.

The Social Services person assigned to his case should be able to provide discounted parking information. There is also space at the dormitory. I believe that you can stay for $15 per night and a $35 deposit. These are shared dorms with medical students and other family. I opted to stay at the Holiday Inn Select but I did investigate the dorms and they seemed ok. I do not know if this family has talked to SS or if they even know about this option.

The other thing to remember is whatever this family takes to the hospital they have to keep up with. Often you cannot leave things in the patient rooms. I needed a sturdy tote.

replied

Lisa:

Would you want to meet me here at work and go to Grady with me?

yes I would love to.. my heart is breaking so badly for this family it hits very close to home you know....

I will pm you my numbers. I have a meeting at 9:30 it should not be much more than an hour..

anyone else wish to help via paypal or gift cards?

Greeting cards actually might also be nice....perhaps folks would want to send cards? If so, PM me and I'll give you an address to mail them to.

I am sending this story to both of my younger girls teachers to see if they can make a get well card for this young man.. he needs all the prayers, LOVE and support he can get.. I cannot beleive he was treated so lowly... I am so angered..

oops!! sorry I just got lost in the moment I guess

well Lisa I am one too do you want to go down as well?

If folks that don't have paypal accounts set up would like to meet me to donate, I am meeting someone at Roses store on Wednesday evening. I will try to set up a drop off point also for anyone who wishes to donate.

Ok, here are ways to donate and what the plan is for giving (you can donate cash through paypal/ dropoff, or you can donate a physical gift card (please make sure the amount is indicated somewhere) if you prefer (if you are meeting me or dropping off with CC):

1) Paypal to crittyL@yahoo.com

2) drop-off with Caped Crusader at Cregg Hatch Insurance sometime today (Tuesday)--mark it "RR Accident" (His office closes early on Wednesday and I am planning to take these on Thursday) although we can likely get additional donations to them a little later.

3) Arrange to meet with me. I will probably be in Hiram this afternoon and likely stop by Cregg Hatch to pick up any donations that have been dropped off (if there are any).

I plan to be at Roses store Wednesday evening around 7 p.m. for folks out that direction.

The plan is to provide:

1) crossword puzzles or the like (word finds, etc.)--have someone who has gotten some of these.

2) greeting cards (get well, or support)

3) gift cards for McD's (there is one near Grady--not many other "chain" places that gift cards can be bought for)

4) gift card for gasoline

5) possible parking passes if these haven't been addressed through social services (which I should find out this morning)

6) and other gift cards if the family has a request for one that would be useful

I want to add something here. I do not know this family personally although some p.commers do.

I do not know what happened any more than what has been released in the news and to my knowledge, no one else really did either with the exception of the boy (who is not conscious) and those involved.

If you have skepticism about what might have happened, I understand. If you choose not to donate as a result of that, I understand. I understand that there will probably be a lot of stories floating around, but at this point, I only know what has been reported and the links have been posted to that story.

Please make your decisions (to give or not give) accordingly.

I am simply providing a means for those who wish to be of support to this family during this tragedy a means to do so.

Critty, I thought about this last night. What if's ran through my head as to what may have caused this - but honestly, his Mother is still there. His family is still there. I can't say what happened because I don't know, but I'm not going to let 'what if's' stop me from helping a Mom who's seeing her son through this. I basically did what I call "giving it to God." Let Her figure it out and I'll do what I think I need to do.

b.

I want to add something here. I do not know this family personally although some p.commers do.

I do not know what happened any more than what has been released in the news and to my knowledge, no one else really did either with the exception of the boy (who is not conscious) and those involved.

If you have skepticism about what might have happened, I understand. If you choose not to donate as a result of that, I understand. I understand that there will probably be a lot of stories floating around, but at this point, I only know what has been reported and the links have been posted to that story.

Please make your decisions (to give or not give) accordingly.

I am simply providing a means for those who wish to be of support to this family during this tragedy a means to do so.

Great posts because we do not know what happened not until a full investigation is done will the whole truth be told.. but there is a family suffering and in need. Critty will handle this the best way she knows and will ensure that your donations are taken care of.

Great posts because we do not know what happened not until a full investigation is done will the whole truth be told.. but there is a family suffering and in need. Critty will handle this the best way she knows and will ensure that your donations are taken care of.

Critty is doing a wonderful job,I give her alot of praise..

I spoke with the mom and she seems to be doing as well as could be expected. I explained to her our thoughts on ways we could help and asked if there was anything else she could think of that might be useful. She said those things sounded good.

I asked her if his condition was the same and she indicated that he was taken off the respirator today, which is a good sign. Time will tell what other issues may arise, but for now, we can be glad in that improvement.

I will still be going to see her on Thursday and I believe Momstradamus may go with me if she can.

I am going to be at Exxon at 7 p.m. tonight to meet a p.commer for donations and tonmorrow at Roses' store and will get anything picked up from Caped Crusader. Paypal is also still available for donations. (read post # 27 before you donate)

Questions....PM or post. I'll do my best to answer.