Paulding.com

Anyone hear on the scanner about a body being found on the train tracks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter about family background, it comes down to a choice.

Some learn by example, but still they know it is wrong.

Some do out of just plain meaness.

Regardless, something very wrong with people who want to do wrong, and derive pleasure from it.

According to Fox 5, the police found him.

This from Fox 5 website:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Ne...mp;pageId=3.2.1

Family of Beaten Teen Pleads for Help

Monday, 12 Mar 2007

Teen beaten

Reported by DEVIN FEHELY

ATLANTA (FOX5) -- The family of a Paulding County teenager who was severely beaten is asking for help to find his attackers.

This is just horrible! I hope that these people are caught soon and severely punished. They all need to be charged with attempted murder, including the girl! If he dies, heaven forbid, they should all be charged with murder with the harshest of punishments. Every single one of them.

Many prayers go out to the family and friends of this young man. I almost lost my child once, I know how difficult it is to watch your child lay there helpless and fighting for their life because of someone elses stupidity.

Continued prayers for Donald Smith. Please, if anyone knows anything, no matter how trivial it may seem, PLEASE contact the police. Thanks to everyone who is helping. God Bless Donald and his family, please keep him in your prayers.

Edited by dana

I know Donald's mom and grandma. I've also met Donald (AKA Shakey) a few times in the past. His grandma told me about what all happened earlier. She said that they took him off his ventilator yesterday. She said that he was in and out of consciousness, but he seemd to recognize them. They don't really know how he's going to be at this point. She was also a little upset that those pictures of him in his hospital bed were leaked to Fox5. Keep him and his family in your thoughts.

Edited by Jonger
I know Donald's mom and grandma. I've also met Donald (AKA Shakey) a few times in the past. His grandma told me about what all happened earlier. She said that they took him off his ventilator yesterday. She said that he was in and out of consciousness, but he seemd to recognize them. They don't really know how he's going to be at this point. She was also a little upset that those pictures of him in his hospital bed were leaked to Fox5. Keep him and his family in your thoughts.

That is interesting that she is upset that those pics were shown. If i listened to the report online correctly they said that those pics were shared by the fam. I totally understand why she is upset but crazy how stuff gets turned around. I have totally been torn up about this for the past couple of days. Everyone involved has been in my prayers. Please keep us posted with Donald's state of health. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I recorded that segment of the news, let me look at it again! I think... wait.... it said "The Family shared these photos" so who was the one at the Hospital with the camera and you will know who "LEAKED" the photos. I hope he is going to be OK.

I recorded that segment of the news, let me look at it again! I think... wait.... it said "The Family shared these photos" so who was the one at the Hospital with the camera and you will know who "LEAKED" the photos. I hope he is going to be OK.

I thought that is what i heard too.

[quote name='Jonger' date= 'Mar 14 2007, 12:39 AM post

Not much signs of improvement but every little step helps. Maybe he will have some recollection of what happened and be able to give some leads to those sick bas****s. Like i said before his family and everyone involved are in my prayers.

I just wonder How the Police knew he was there?? What was the Police doing there, if they did not know already, that he was there? You understand what I'm saying?? I have asked this question a couple of times already and no one seems to understand what I'm saying. I'm just amazed that he was found before a train came through, The Good Lord was with him this time!!

I think... wait.... it said "The Family shared these photos" so who was the one at the Hospital with the camera and you will know who "LEAKED" the photos.

She told me that the other grandma is the one who gave them the photos. The grandma I know and Donald's mom didn't know anything about it. They didn't like that she did it without at least talking to his mom first.

I just wonder How the Police knew he was there?? What was the Police doing there, if they did not know already, that he was there?

From what I understood, the operator of a passing train saw his body and called the police. They're lucky that they saw him or he could have been there much longer.

Edited by Jonger

The family members who shared the story and pictures, thought they were doing the right thing, to gain attention to the story, and maybe someone would come forward and say they saw something. The mother was notified that the news had been called. I think it was a good idea in many ways, the more prayers, and the more support from people, the better. The more people know at this point, with some exceptions, the better. These who did this crime, will talk, and somone will listen, and seeing Donald, on tv news just might be enough for them to be convicted enough to come forward.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

The things that people will do because of the opposite sex has always boggled my mind! Things like this have been going on forever

The girl is is an assessory before the fact. They should nab the girl, put her in jail and "pressure" her into giving names and locations of the others involved. When they are caught, the judge should make the bond sooooooooooo high that it's almost impossible to bond out or better yet...not give them bond because they "may be flight risk".

Also, if there is a group or "gang" of kids running around Paulding County beating people up the police need to be given the names of these people to get them off the streets .

I was told this morning that he (Donald "Shakey") is awake. I assume they will be checking in the next day or two to discover what extent his injuries are and how they have affected him. Please continue to pray.

I will be visiting the hospital tomorrow and taking the donations to the family.\

Critty~

Are you still collecting? About what time and where will you be tonight to meet people?

Glad to hear that Donald is conscious and that he maybe heading to the road of recovery.

Any news on the sickos that did this horrible crime? What will it have to take to get the people that they think did this in custody? I am a little confused on this because nothing has been said. Not even that the girl is in custody or being investigated. If any one knows anything and can post without invading on the families privacy please do.

Still praying for all involved.

Critty~

Are you still collecting? About what time and where will you be tonight to meet people?

Glad to hear that Donald is conscious and that he maybe heading to the road of recovery.

Any news on the sickos that did this horrible crime? What will it have to take to get the people that they think did this in custody? I am a little confused on this because nothing has been said. Not even that the girl is in custody or being investigated. If any one knows anything and can post without invading on the families privacy please do.

Still praying for all involved.

I am meeting some folks at Roses' store tonight at 7 p.m. for collections. I will be going to the hospital tomorrow.

I am not aware of anyone in custody at this time.

• 3 months later...
I am absolutely mortified.

Prayers for the victim and his family. So horrifying he was there with no one to take up for him, beaten to an inch of his life, and left like that. Prayer, prayer, prayer.

Please let's keep this thread up, and any information about this situation posted straight away.

I know its been months later but I dont think there was a girl involved really.. If you have heard anything would you let me know?.