• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:31 AM

My family and my friends

Think of this forum as the place you can post that funny little story about your mom, dad, sister or brother ... how they helped you learn one of those important lessons in life. Tell us how they turned those lemons into lemonade.

If they've passed, that's fine but think how much more wonderful it would be if they could see your thoughts here; your pride at having the honor of being their child.

So, don't hesistate; take this invitation to tell us how wonderful, how thoughtful and how special your folks are ... and how proud you are of them.

Given that what's good for the goose, is also good for the gander, parents don't shy away from this opportunity either. Share a little of the pride you have about your kids. No one is going to call you on it because if there is a rule in this forum, it is that nary a negative word should be uttered.

So go ahead and make us all feel good with these good-feeling features that tell us about your family and your friends

Don't forget you can include a picture and other material with your story.

Remember, though, you have to be registered to start a topic and each story should be a topic of its own.

#2 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:06 PM

Folks:

This forum has a place but it is on the verge of being moved to the bad idea file.

The IDEA here is to be positive about relationships and the RULE: IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, DON'T SAY NUTHING AT ALL is in effect here.

The reason is simple. This is a show forum for folks to wish others happiness and there is no sense in pouring cold water on those wishes.

If the membership can't follow the golden rule here, then it goes to the bad idea file.

#3 eyeore1

eyeore1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:12 PM

sad.gif What A Shame!

I can't believe what I am seeing, there are no reply's to this type of forum.....my gosh doesn't anyone have anything nice to say about anyone?!

Ok, I'll start........I love my sister dearly, she's always there for me and she's always doing things for others. She doesn't have a selfish bone in her body
and trys to find good in everyone.

Eyeore1
biggrin.gif

#4 cookiemonstersmommy

cookiemonstersmommy

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:04 PM

I love my student @ DES ! He's a trailblazer.
I also love my little potty training cookie monster at home. He is equally as special, but for different reasons !
To my children:
I'm smiling because you are my child ....
I'm laughing because there is nothing you can do about it !

Work like you don't need money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one is watching.

#5 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:48 PM

My mom taught me to always have a good laugh & to "get over it" quickly when upset. Life is too short to be upset about trivial stuff.

My dad is my hero. Always will be.

My wife taught me to slow down & relax a bit.

My kids have taught me I can do a lot more with a lot less.

Notice I didn't say a word about my mother-in-law . . . I'll save that for another thread.
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 cardie

cardie

cardie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (thatboyaintright @ Oct 20 2004, 11:48 PM)
Notice I didn't say a word about my mother-in-law . . . I'll save that for another thread.

Ok Tbar, I know yours has to be better than mine. Go ahead and tell all.
It will make you feel better.

One good thing I did, I made mine move out after being with us for about
seven years. Peace at last. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Until she calls or we have to go to
Alabama to see her. I just keep my mouth shut though. I am good at
that, right?!
rolleyes.gif ph34r.gif

#7 Subby

Subby

a.k.a. Subby Enterprises

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,961 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

I think this is great.
My dad is my personal hero....whom I will always love and cherish for instilling "good man" qualities in my life.
My mother is my paradigm of unselfishness. she loves without condition or reservations.
My children....have shown me that there is a good father in me.
My lovely girlfriend...has brought me more hope for a great life than I could have ever imagined possible.
And pcom....has brought me much happiness. As I speak now, I have the opportunity to have lunch with folks I have not seen since high school...all because a couple of pcom friends of mine know these people and still stay in touch with them. Pcom is a valuable asset in my life.

Edited by Subdivider, 20 October 2004 - 10:57 PM.

#8 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:31 AM

Thank you Mom and Dad for making me the person I am today, I wish you were still here to see what you did. Altlhough, I know you are looking down from above.
You made me a strong, loving, caring, but an independent, speak your own mind,
look before you leap, take care of your surroundings, appreciate nature, don't waste the environment, love family and God, kind of person.
My husband, my rock. What did I do before you.. we have been married for 23 years, and you let me be me. What more could I say.
Thank you my son for the wonderful blessing of my grandson. He is the love of my life. I am truly blessed.
Thank you, my beautiful daughter for being your own person, being honest, and sharing your thoughts and ideas with me. I love our talks. I will always be there.
My sister - what would I have done without you all these years, you are my friend.
We have been thru a lot together, and no matter what, we overcome.
My mother in law is a saint and I love her endurance. She has taught me a lot.
From all these experiences, I have learned life is what you make it. Take the good with the bad and learn from it. The disappointments are usually a learning experince and somehow enrich your life. The good is just that- the joy in your life.

#9 RRGal

RRGal

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:09 AM

Oh, man. How touching.

I'll respond later, when I can get my thoughts together.

#10 PauldingMom

PauldingMom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

My children totally ROCK!!!
They are going thru a tough time right now and I know that they will come out smarter and wiser in the end. They are my greatest inspiration.
Carpe Diem.
Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart

Erma Bombeck
Sometimes nothing is a cool hand.

#11 bubba

bubba

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:48 AM

Man this is an old thread,but a good one!
I would like to say that:
1) I admire my little brother who has chosen to follow his heart into the ministry.
2) I am very proud of all three of my sisters who have chosen their careers wisely. They are all the best at what they do.
Though there is a lot of distance between us all, we are still close at heart.

Bubba
Bubba

"PEOPLE DEMAND FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO MAKE UP FOR THE FREEDOM OF THOUGHT WHICH THEY AVOID" Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

#12 Almighty Munchkin

Almighty Munchkin

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:29 PM

You know when you are growing up you love your parents, but when you are a grown up and parent your self, you have a whole new love, admiration and appreciation for your parents.

I truly do not know what I would do without my parents (and I am 37) and I hope I have many many years before I even have to face that.

I hope when my kids are grown that they can feel just half of what I feel for my own parents smile.gif
Posted ImageIt's not necessarily about you....or is it....Posted Image

epMomHF

#13 missy_ruth

missy_ruth

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (epMomHF @ Oct 21 2004, 03:29 PM)
You know when you are growing up you love your parents, but when you are a grown up and parent your self,  you have a whole new love, admiration and appreciation for your parents.

I truly do not know what I would do without my parents (and I am 37) and I hope I have many many years before I even have to face that.

I hope when my kids are grown that they can feel just half of what I feel for my own parents  smile.gif

I am truly thankful for my two wonderful grandchildren. They have brought so much joy and happiness into my life; it almost makes it worth all the trouble their dad gave me when he was a teenager in Paulding County. LOL
I am greatful for friends, good friends that will be there and help you when you are down, friends to spend time with and enjoy the life that God has given us.

#14 Johnny Jacobs

Johnny Jacobs

A Good Old Boy

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

'What's good for the goose, is also good for the gander', is a statement my Papa made many, many times.

A tall man (6' +"), 200+ lbs that always had a belly-laugh, a joke and a general good time wherever he was.
A farmer, a husband, a father, a friend, whatever the situation required, he filled the bill.
I remember when Papa and his son-n-law (my father) remodeled our house, adding 2 bedrooms and 4 closets for us boys, lowering the ceilings from 11 feet to 8 feet and sheetrocking the entire house.
A man that never got in a hurry about anything. If it was worth doing, it was worth doing right.
I remember going peddling with him....watermelons, cantolopes, green beans, corn, okra, squash, apples, muscadimes....
I remember the HUGE Elm tree in the yard and seeing him sleeping when we grandchildren would let him.

I miss this man that did so much to shape my teen years.

#15 Luke

Luke

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

Let's see most of my family get's alone really good but as you know we all have a bad apple or two so let's pray for them and myself for bitting my lip every now and then.
My mother is in Florida ( enjoying the sun)
Both of my brothers are at work (most of us have to)
Kids at school (that's the law)
Well I've got to go (pay bill's everybody i know that has anything does)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Love heels all wounds in time

#16 Nanny

Nanny

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:33 AM

I am blessed with a brother who is younger. I used to call him my little brother because I am older. We grew up having to play with each other. lol.
you see there was only 1 TV in the house and dad ruled that one, beside's the 3.2 channels. So we would play with lincoln logs, or match box cars outside in the dirt[south ga, black dirt not clay smile.gif ] we'd make our roads in the dirt, climb trees and play all the board games we could. Our parents told us if anything happened to them, "you'll always have each other". We didn't have a lot in common, different friends etc.. Now we are adults grown up with family's of our own!! & Im so proud of my Big Brother. smile.gif
It gets crowded at our Parents, when we both go home for a visit at the same time biggrin.gif but we manage smile.gif

#17 ANG

ANG

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:40 AM

My Grandparents took me in in the 8th grade while my parents were "in search of themselves" seperately.

When they finally " found themselves " they turned into pretty awesome people....eh....still seperately blum.gif

So I am very thankful to have had 4 parents blum.gif

#18 pat-c

pat-c

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:42 AM

i just want to share a fond childhood memory.

my dad passed away when i was 12. so many times i wonder how my life would have turned out if he would have been there when i was growing up. my mom was great and was always there when i needed someone. both my parents are gone now and i miss them terribly. when i think about my dad i always think of him as a fun loving guy. he would always the one person you could count on to play games. he loved cards. once (back in the 60's) he bought all us kids a kite. back in those days they were made out of paper and you had to put a tail on it. anyway, one windy day, my dad walked with us to a high school that wasn't far from where we lived and we flew kites. i remember how cold and windy it was that day but i didn't care. i was having the time of my life. even when it was time to go home. i can still remember how it felt to have my small hand in his. this day will never be forgotten. i will cherish it always.

#19 REV

REV

Super Icon

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,510 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:18 AM

First off, let me just say that I have two of the sweetest, good hearted and loving kids that God ever made. biggrin.gif They are my little men, and it touches my heart that they are so protective of me, even at a young age. They are my proudest acheivement and one day the world will know how ver special they are. biggrin.gif

Hats off to my mother in law, the strongest woman I know smile.gif , my sister in law, my bestest friend. smile.gif

To my other bestest friends J and P. You'll never know how much your friendships have meant. smile.gif

My husband, what can I say, you are my soul mate, my best friend and I'll love you always. wub.gif God only made two other men as fine as you are.

My Papa, who taught me how to cuss biggrin.gif , shoot biggrin.gif , drive biggrin.gif , cut firewood biggrin.gif , fish blum.gif , hunt blum.gif , save money rolleyes.gif , crank a car that won't start biggrin.gif , change a tire biggrin.gif , respect, love, and molded me into the person I am today. wub.gif I owe you so much and never got the chance to repay you. I miss you old man, only you and God knows how very much. sad.gif

My nephew, for keeping me on my toes and laughing, and my niece, the little girl I always wanted. wub.gif

My mother, who, despite everything in the past has evolved into the mother I always needed.
He said/She said.....Who gives a sheeze?

#20 Luke

Luke

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

GEE where to start:
My Husband the best thing that ever happen for me wub.gif
My Daughter always has something great to say to me wink.gif cheers me up when i can't get off the floor..lol
My son he is also the greatest cool.gif always want's to see a smile on my face
NOW MY FAMILY HUSBAND, DAUGHTER and SON
If the good lord had not of blessed me with the 3 of you I proberly would not be here to brag about you
I LOVE YOU GUY'S wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Love heels all wounds in time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics