4 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

Here's a button that earns pcom a 3 percent commission on things bought at geeks.com ... I'm using it to get a Internet connected power supply (on-off remote) which I believe I'll be able to use at the colo place. Also considering a usb phone (saw it advertised for $39.95) which I want to check out. but I'm going to get at least one of these free USB phones.

AU-100 VoIP USB Phone -Works w/Skype, Vonage & More

** Order between 11/30/06 and 12/31/06 and receive a $39.99 Rebate from Geeks.com! **That's right....this terrific phone is free after rebate! Enjoy your free VOIP calls with a free AU-100 phone!The best thing since Alexandar Graham Bell invented the phone! Plug this VOIP phone into your USB port and use it with one of the softphone services to make free phone calls to anywhere in the world! The AU-100 VOIP phone is fully compatible with: Skype Vonage Net2Phone X-Ten StanaPhone SJPhone MSN Mesenger AOL Instant Messenger Firefly eyeBeam Take the phone with you while you're on the go, connect to your laptop, and make phone calls from wireless hot spot zones. ** Order between 11/30/06 and 12/31/06 and receive a $39.99 Rebate from Geeks.com! **

http://www.ftjcfx.com/image-497576-10439518

Anyway, geeks.com is one of the Internet discounters that can save you money. For instance, I was at walmart looking at 1 gigabyte SD cards and they were like $48.00 and I got two 1 gig SD cards for $22. ea... I mean duh???

pubby

#2 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

if I have to have a phone line to have DSL why would I purchase this product? why not use the phone I'm already paying for?

I'm just curious.....and completely unable to tell the difference between this phone and a regular phone.
Posted Image

#3 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,659 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

WFAL:

I know... but there are some of us who don't have bellsouth DSL but rather cable modems and cell phones.

Hence, I don't have any kind of land line at the house.

This is more common than you think.

On top of that, you can have more than one phone number through a service like skype. They offer something like 10 different local numbers so you could have a local number in NYC, Washington DC, LA, ATL and Houston and all folks calling you here in Paulding would not have to pay long distance as all the calls would be local to them. Works on foreign calls too if you had a Paris number and a Moscow number and a Bagdad number.

That it confounds bellsouth and ATT is secondary ... Of course I don't need a paris number or some such ... my need is much more practical.

pubby

Make and receive calls to ordinary phones with your computer. www.skype.com http://www.tqlkg.com/image-497576-10386647

#4 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (PUBBY @ Dec 9 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WFAL:

I know... but there are some of us who don't have bellsouth DSL but rather cable modems and cell phones.

Hence, I don't have any kind of land line at the house.

This is more common than you think.

pubby

Gotcha....in the boonies we don't have cable....or cable modems....just good ole DSL and satellite...I forget about those options sometimes smile.gif
Posted Image

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,659 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

Even at that, with this skype thing, if you have friends or family that would be long distance, you can both get setup with skype and talk free without concern for minutes or anything -- even to foreign countries.

Make and receive calls to ordinary phones with your computer. www.skype.com http://www.tqlkg.com/image-497576-10386647

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics