Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

Favorite Recipes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

for chicken .... I like "ranch chicken", one of our favorites (do it for family and friends)... do a search for it and I'm sure you will find it!

for beef ....I like a sauce sometimes with cheaper cuts, cutlets, hamburger patties & I even do with a really good filet (see variety below) ..... this depends on how many too feed as far as quantity ....

Sliced Onions (optional)
Sliced Mushrooms (at least 1/4 cup per person to start)
A1
red wine

saute veggies until done (usually I do in olive oil) starting with onions for 5 -10 minutes (if using) then adding mushrooms for another 5 minutes or so, move to separate bowl. in same pan add a couple of tablespoons of A1 and red wine, reduce and add some pepper (fresh ground). let simmer for a few minutes - taste! if it needs some more of A1, red wine or pepper, add. Put back in (onions &) mushrooms for a minute or so ....

pour on top of beef .... for cutlets or hamburger patties I might add a slice of swiss (cheddar is good too) first then put mixture on top ... for filets, I will put mixture on the meat first then sprinkle with blue cheese or asiago, and serve immediately.

Hope you enjoy! smile.gif
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#42 Mrs. Jack Russell

Mrs. Jack Russell

BUE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

We have a marinade that my husband came up with. He watches too much Rachel Ray. I love her too.

Ron's Marinade
1/4 cup Jack Daniels
2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon spicey mustard
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 small onion (chopped very fine)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup of balsalmic vinegar

Mix all of the stuff above.

Take your steaks and prick them with a fork on both sides. Put the steaks in a big freezer bag. Pour in the marinade. Put it in the fridge or at least an hour, but longer is better. Make sure you take your steak out of the fridge an hour before you put it on the grill. (RR tip)

Cook to your perfection. It's wonderful.
I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there.

Rev. Billy Graham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 hotwheels

hotwheels

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Chicken and Rice Casserole

1 stick butter or margarine melted in large pyrex dish

Mix together:
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can french onion soup
1 can water
2 cups uncooked rice

pour into pyrex and mix together w/melted butter, place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture, cover and bake at 350 for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours.

#44 the rose

the rose

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (dallasgirl0618 @ Oct 24 2006, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody have a good goulash recipe? Or how about a pound cake? We had a family friend that would make us one whenever we came into town for the holidays. She was a great friend of grandmother's. When we came into town, it was there waiting at my grandmother's. It was perfect. Crusty topping that could not be beat. SOOOOO good. You can't buy one like that at the store anywhere. Anyone with an old family recipe for one.

This is a very old recipe for a pound cake that my grandmother use to make and it has the crusty top. If you use a regular one piece tube pan, it will run over. I have my grandmother's two piece tube pan I use.

8 eggs
2 & 1/2 C. Sugar
2 & 2/3 C. Crisco
1 Tablespoon vanilla or almond flavoring
3 & 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
8 T. Cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Separate eggs. Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and beat egg whites in a large mixing until they stand in stiff peaks. Add 6 Tablespoons of sugar and beat approx 3 more minutes. Egg whites will be stiff and fluffy. Set aside. Cream sugar and crisco thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, two at a time until well beaten. Add flavoring. Add flour to sugar, crisco and egg mixture, one cup at a time and 2 T. of cream after each flour addition. Beat until well mixed. Fold in egg whites gradually until well mixed. Grease and flour tube pan. Pour mixture into tube pan. Place pan in center of oven, reduce temperature after 20 minutes to 350 degrees. Bake for one hour and 10-20 minutes. The top of the cake will be crusty. Test with toothpick, when it pulls out clean, the cake is done. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack.

ENJOY!

Edited by the rose, 05 November 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#45 the rose

the rose

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

BUMP

#46 shangriLa

shangriLa

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

Here is one I really like and everybody says it's fabulous. It is beyond easy.

Brunswick Stew

1 10 oz. can Castleberry's Bar-B-Q beef
1 10 oz. can Castleberry's Bar-B-Q pork
2 cans cream style corn
1 can lima beans
1/2 cup of Bar-B-Q sauce ( you can add a little more when it's done if you like, wait and try it first)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon lemon juice ( optional)
pepper to taste

Mix all together and simmer. Great for company.

Note: Hide cans in bottom of trash and talk about how difficult it was to cook. ( just kidding....sort of....) I serve it with cornbread.

Edited by shangriLa, 05 November 2006 - 11:01 PM.

I *really* HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SAY, " I TOLD YOU SO..."

I told you so.

#47 fitfabandfree

fitfabandfree

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (shangriLa @ Nov 5 2006, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is one I really like and everybody says it's fabulous. It is beyond easy.

Brunswick Stew

1 10 oz. can Castleberry's Bar-B-Q beef
1 10 oz. can Castleberry's Bar-B-Q pork
2 cans cream style corn
1 can lima beans
1/2 cup of Bar-B-Q sauce ( you can add a little more when it's done if you like, wait and try it first)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon lemon juice ( optional)
pepper to taste
Mix all together and simmer. Great for company.

Note: Hide cans in bottom of trash and talk about how difficult it was to cook. ( just kidding....sort of....) I serve it with cornbread.

This sounds really good. I think I will try this one day this week.

#48 shangriLa

shangriLa

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (dallasgirl0618 @ Nov 6 2006, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds really good. I think I will try this one day this week.

You're gonna love it!!!!
I *really* HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SAY, " I TOLD YOU SO..."

I told you so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics