Paulding.com

Mrs. Cherry Eugenia Ingram Barker

Mrs. Cherry Eugenia Ingram Barker

Date:

March 8th, 1956 - October 10th, 2006

Obituary:

Mrs. Cherry Eugenia Ingram Barker, age 50, of Ben Hill Road, Douglasville, Georgia passed away Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at Wellstar Douglas Hospital. She was born March 8, 1956 in Savannah, Georgia the daughter of William Robert Ingram and Carolyn Summers Creel. She married William Jeff Barker on December 31, 1977 in Lithia Springs. She was a devoted member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church where she served as the church pianist for over 27 years. She was a beautiful singer and enjoyed singing on the WDCY 1520 AM Radio Station. She worked as a bookkeeper for Rayloc Company in Atlanta for 34 years. She is survived by her husband of 28 years, William Jeff Barker of Douglasville; mother, Carolyn Summers Creel of Winston; father, William Robert Ingram of Carrollton; two sisters and brother-in-law, Vickie and Gregg Bearden of Carrollton and Beverly Kuemmel of Hiram; two brothers, Barry Ingram of Winston and Bobby Ingram of Carrollton; brother-in-law, Troy Barker of Ranburne, AL; nephews, Kevin Bearden and Corey Bearden; great-nieces, Kandace Bearden and Kacey Bearden. Funeral Services will be conducted Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 2:00 PM from Poplar Springs Baptist Church with Pastor J.J. McGouirk officiating. She will lie in state at the church from 1:00 PM until the funeral hour. Interment will follow at River View Memorial Park in Smyrna with the following serving as pallbearers: Kevin Bearden, Corey Bearden, Joshua Ingram, Chad Mulkey, Lamar Brooks, Justin Brooks, Terry Mote, and Russell Mote. The family will receive friends at Jones-Wynn Funeral Home, Douglas Chapel Thursday, October 12, 2006 from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM and Friday, October 13, 2006 from 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM with the family available from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Messages of condolences to the family may be sent to www.jones-wynn.com. Jones-Wynn Funeral Home, Douglas Chapel in charge of arrangements.

Thanks! The ladies of the Class of 74 are having a brunch at the Ragsdale Inn Nov. 4th to celebrate our 50th birthday. I'll be sure to tell everyone!

Tell all the ladies from my class I said "Hey" :lol:

And Cherry was a great lady. The last time I talked to her she reminded me of a song that we collaborated on in High School. I wrote the words and she put it to music. She said she still had the original put away. She will be sorely missed by a great many.

But, I plan to see her again on the other side!

Was she a heavy set lady? I think I do remember her. I'm sorry to hear about this. Prayers for the family & friends!

Yes, she was. But she was always that way from the time I knew her. Never slowed her down any. I remember in high school she was just one of those people that it felt good to be around.

Yes, she was. But she was always that way from the time I knew her. Never slowed her down any. I remember in high school she was just one of those people that it felt good to be around.

I never had the pleasure of hearing her sing, but your right she made everyone feel good to be around her!

She will be missed! Prayers to all the family!