TV shows puts stickers on money for promotion

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:33 AM

Here's one I've thought about but worried that it might be illegal.

January 2004 (Newstream) -- Starting today, GoGORILLA Media will begin distribution of $1 bills bearing sticker ads for "Traffic: The Miniseries", based on the movie of the same name set to debut on USA Network on January 26, 2004.

GoGORILLA will place sleek "Traffic" stickers on the face of dollar bills and deliver them to upscale bars, restaurants and nightclubs throughout Los Angeles and New York. The bills will then be circulated by bartenders to their patrons as change for purchases.

"We are extremely excited about this campaign, which is one of our most outrageous yet," says Alan Wolan, President of GoGORILLA Media. "We are completely supportive of a brand like USA Network reaching out in an unusual and unexpected fashion to upscale movie enthusiasts".

Michael Dare, Director of Promotion at USA Network, agreed: "Advertising on money delivers the exact type of daring media concept we first envisioned for "Traffic". The themes of the miniseries include the illegal trafficking of drugs, weapons, and humans, all for financial gain. Therefore there is a natural connection with advertising on actual money. The medium fits the message."

Founded in 2001 with the mission to "bombard and overwhelm consumers with advertising messages as they go about their daily lives," GoGORILLA seeks to inject advertising into life's most mundane experiences.

In advanced field-testing performed with the branded bills, consumers noticed the stickers over 95% of the time and read them to see what they were all about. 54% of those noticing the sticker left it on the bill and passed it on to someone else. "There is no better way to achieve pass along of an advertising message than advertising on money," says Alan Wolan from GoGORILLA.

The campaign will run through the premiere of "Traffic: The Miniseries" on USA Network January 26th.

I like this one ... what do you think?

Attached Files

#2 PCHS Band Student

PCHS Band Student

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:43 AM

well i can tell you one thing if i get one its a keeper biggrin.gif
Posted ImageP-C-H-S|B-A-N-DPosted Image

#3 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:37 AM

I am with PCHS Band. I hope the bills make their way here!!!

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

#4 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:55 AM

Ya know, come to think of it, have y'all ever seen the $1 bills that are stamped with a "Where's George?" web site? I have here in Paulding. I went to the web site and entered for free. You type in the bills code numbers then it tells you where it was before and how long it took to get to you. Pretty neat stuff. Some people have just wrote on the bills with the web addy. Others I have seen look as though they were a rubber stamped. The first time I got one of these bills, I typed in the code numbers and it came from Panama City, FL. and took about 5 days to get here. The site has you tell what kind of shape the bill is in and also asked how you came across this bill, be it change or from a bank, etc.. Here's the URL

Where's George?

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics