130 replies to this topic

#1 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

A wise man once told me to always look for the truth in what people are saying to you. Even when they are mad at you, much maybe exaggerated, but there will be some truth in it.

In the spirit of this I have been examining my approach towards the post pagans and witches make on this board. While I stand on the truth of the content, I may have presented in a better way. So don't get wrong I am not condoning your religion and any deception it may bring, but just saying I may need to approach it differently. If by being too harsh, I have hurt you or offended you ... I apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I will strongly disagree with you, but I will try to not be so harsh.

In seeking about this I found a very good article by a Christian that is a former Wiccan ... I believe it would be good for both sides to read, the sub-articles that can be found by clicking on the links within the article are very good also.

http://www.christian...iefs/wicca.html

Posted Image

#2 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

I hope you're sincere Tazman. Time will tell. I for one appreciate the olive-branch. There is no reason to be at each other's throats, or to have it be in a battle everyday around here. We are all human beings, creations of the Divine, and therefore worthy of respect.

Thank you for your post.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#3 LadyMorgain

LadyMorgain

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:26 AM)
I hope you're sincere Tazman.  Time will tell.  I for one appreciate the olive-branch.  There is no reason to be at each other's throats, or to have it be in a battle everyday around here. We are all human beings, creations of the Divine, and therefore worthy of respect.

Thank you for your post.

Well said Sis.
"Good Morning"!! And if I don't see you: Good Afternoon, Good EVening, and Good Night".

#4 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 09:26 AM)
I hope you're sincere Tazman.  Time will tell.  I for one appreciate the olive-branch.  There is no reason to be at each other's throats, or to have it be in a battle everyday around here. We are all human beings, creations of the Divine, and therefore worthy of respect.

Thank you for your post.

Well I would not have said it if I did not mean it ...

Since we are on the subject of respect and offending people ... has anyone told you that the last part of your signature is offensive to Christians? We believe there is only one God .. so in essence you are calling us all fools.

Posted Image

#5 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:08 PM)

Since we are on the subject of respect and offending people ... has anyone told you that the last part of your signature is offensive to Christians?  We believe there is only one God .. so in essence you are calling us all fools.

Technically Joseph Campbell is...

Have you read the Power of Myth series?

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."óMark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#6 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (bwitchy @ Feb 20 2006, 10:09 PM)

Well if you want to get technical, the majority of what you guys were mad at me for was scripture that I quoted from the Bible ... so is if it is not ok for me to offend you by using a quote then does not the same apply to ya'll?

No I have not ...

Posted Image

#7 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:15 PM)
Well if you want to get technical, the majority of what you guys were mad at me for was scripture that I quoted from the Bible ... so is if it is not ok for me to offend you by using a quote then does not the same apply to ya'll?

No I have not ...

I don't get mad when you quote scripture, but what you need to understand is that you could be quoting anything from literature and it would have the same effect. (Not meaning to offend you with that, but the Bible just doesn't hold the same significance for me as it does for you; therefore, when you quote it, you think you're making a huge point. To me, not so much.)

The series is actually quite interesting; it is an interview with Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers. I believe you can get it on video as well as in print.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."óMark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#8 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:08 PM)

Since we are on the subject of respect and offending people ... has anyone told you that the last part of your signature is offensive to Christians?  We believe there is only one God .. so in essence you are calling us all fools.

No. I've never had any problem with my signature, you're the first person to ever say anything to me about it. In fact I've used those quotes for way over a year Tazman. (Every once in awhile I'll change them for a brief time, but I always come back to those three.) Sorry that you find it offensive, I didn't say the quote myself, it comes from Joseph Campbell, specifically his book "Creative Mythology: The Masks of God". He was a brilliant man, someone I admire greatly. His point was part of a much bigger picture -- It's a personal expression of things I feel, and not a personal attack on anyone.

I personally have no problem with anyone's signatures around here --- as long as they are not a personal attack. Others I'm sure feel differently.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#9 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (bwitchy @ Feb 20 2006, 11:09 PM)

And actually there was a far bigger point in the series of books it comes from, which is actually "Creative Mythology: The Masks of God".

#10 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 11:26 PM)
And actually there was a far bigger point in the series of books it comes from, which is actually "Creative Mythology: The Masks of God".

Wasn't saying the quote was from that...was asking if he'd read that series...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:15 PM)

No I have not ...

I've not been offended once from a direct quote of the Bible. I may state that I disagree with it, but I'm not offended Tazman. I own quite a few Bibles myself in fact. smile.gif I get offended when things are made personal. There's no reason for it.

#12 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (bwitchy @ Feb 20 2006, 11:27 PM)
Wasn't saying the quote was from that...was asking if he'd read that series...

Got you on that, just trying to not confuse others who may not be familiar with his works Bwitchy.

#13 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:20 PM)
It's a personal expression of things I feel, and not a personal attack on anyone.

So where the things I quoted ... but I was chastised by all of you for it. So do the rules only apply to Christians? We have to be careful not to offend, but it ok for you to post something in your signature that calls all Christians fools? As you said I have extended an Olive Branch .... I'm just asking for a little respect back towards Christians. So can you walk the talk?

Posted Image

#14 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 11:28 PM)
Got you on that, just trying to not confuse others who may not be familiar with his works Bwitchy.

Don't think it was necessary...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:28 PM)
So where the things I quoted ... but I was chastised by all of you for it.  So do the rules only apply to Christians? We have to be careful not to offend, but it ok for you to post something in your signature that calls all Christians fools? As you said I have extended an Olive Branch .... I'm just asking for a little respect back towards Christians.  So can you walk the talk?

I'm happy to talk further about it with you Tazman. Especially if you can specifically show me where *I* have chastised you for specific quotes, so that maybe I can understand where you're coming from.

Again. I'm sorry you're offended Tazman. However, it's not personal, and you actually have the option of turning off people's signatures and avatars if you don't wish to see them.

#16 nyrangers

nyrangers

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

and it starts.....

#17 cardie

cardie

cardie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:20 PM)
No. I've never had any problem with my signature, you're the first person to ever say anything to me about it. In fact I've used those quotes for way over a year Tazman. (Every once in awhile I'll change them for a brief time, but I always come back to those three.) Sorry that you find it offensive, I didn't say the quote myself, it comes from Joseph Campbell, specifically his book "Creative Mythology: The Masks of God". He was a brilliant man, someone I admire greatly. His point was part of a much bigger picture -- It's a personal expression of things I feel, and not a personal attack on anyone. 

I personally have no problem with anyone's signatures around here --- as long as they are not a personal attack.  Others I'm sure feel differently.

Well, I really have a problem with your signature, too, but I knew if I said anything it would only start something, so I kept my mouth shut. I asked someone to change their avatar once because it offended me, but the person refused.

I guess that's the difference in some people. If I have something that offends others, I will remove it if they ask. wink.gif

#18 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (cardie @ Feb 20 2006, 11:31 PM)
Well, I really have a problem with your signature, too, but I knew if I said anything it would only start something, so I kept my mouth shut.  I asked someone to change their avatar once  because it offended me, but the person  refused. 

I guess that's the difference in some people.  If I have something that offends others, I will remove it if they ask. wink.gif

I say if things abide by the rules of the boards, then they should stay. There have been countless personal expressions around here I felt offensive. If they are not personal, then I choose to deal with my reaction to them instead.

#19 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (nyrangers @ Feb 20 2006, 11:31 PM)
and it starts.....

No. It never stops.

#20 kelbird

kelbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 11:34 PM)
No. It never stops.

True dat!!!
The Stormin' Mormon!!!!!

"I know my Father lives and loves me too. The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true.
He sent me here to earth, by faith to live His plan. The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me that I can."~~Reid Nibley

"This is not a black and white world
To be alive
I say the colors must swirl
And I believe
That maybe today
We will all get to appreciate
The beauty of gray"~~Ed Kowalczyk

#21 cardie

cardie

cardie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:33 PM)
I say if things abide by the rules of the boards, then they should stay.  There have been countless personal expressions around here I felt offensive. If they are not personal, then I choose to deal with my reaction to them instead.

And that's why I didn't say anything. laugh.gif laugh.gif

#22 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:30 PM)
I'm happy to talk further about it with you Tazman. Especially if you can specifically show me where *I* have chastised you for specific quotes, so that maybe I can understand where you're coming from.

Again. I'm sorry you're offended Tazman. However, it's not personal, and you actually have the option of turning off people's signatures and avatars if you don't wish to see them.

One could say the same about you all getting offende by my post ... "you could put me on ignor" Putting someone or their signature on ignor does not change the fact that is there. So for arguments sake ... it would be ok for me to go find quotes from Christian writers that say things like you are dammed, going to hell, idiots ... etc and put them in my sgnature ?? You talk of mutual respect, but I don't see that you are willing to give it.

Posted Image

#23 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Tazman:

I don't take umbrage at Campbell's quote and I think it would help you if you thought of it this way.

First, take the chip off your shoulder as Joseph Campbell was not calling all Christians fools.

Rather he was talking about the zealot and the cult leader whose god is so 'exclusive' god; so personal, so unique to a specific individual that all others than he and his immediate cult followers are lost.

In otherwords, think David Koresh.

pubby

#24 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:28 PM)
So where the things I quoted ... but I was chastised by all of you for it.  So do the rules only apply to Christians? We have to be careful not to offend, but it ok for you to post something in your signature that calls all Christians fools? As you said I have extended an Olive Branch .... I'm just asking for a little respect back towards Christians.  So can you walk the talk?

I always try to be respectful. I think that part of the problem is that their are different interpretations of respect. I find you calling my belief system satanic offensive b/c one has nothing to do with the other. When you keep throwing Biblical quotes at it instead of listening/learning where the differences are, that is also disrespectful. (MHO) I, nor do I believe any of the other Pagans online, do not expect you to agree with us or to suddenly renounce your beliefs; however, a little knowledge that is outside the stereotype can go a long way. The problem, as I see it, is that we are much more familiar with your belief system than you are with ours. We (and I think I can say with some certainty all of us) have taken the time to study your religion, and many of us have viewed Christianity through several different denominations. You, however, have only the one point of view through which to make your judgements. Have you ever independently researched Paganism? How much do you really know about our true beliefs and how much is what you've been told through your church? All I'm saying is that you might want to step out of that box a little before assuming you know what we believe. The thing in many of your posts that I find offensive is when you begin telling "me" what I believe, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Here's something to chew on...if your true intent is to witness to others to lead them to the "true" path, then shouldn't you learn a little bit about what they currently believe and use that as a jumping off point rather than telling them that they are basically worshiping the most evil being in your belief system and thinking that's going to sway them? I think you'd be surprised at how much many religions really have in common once you take the "politics" out of them. JMHO... sleep.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Feb 20 2006, 10:34 PM)
No. It never stops.

Now, now ... I am not bashing or being harsh ... I am having an open dialoug with you ... I don't think that was a fair statement.

Posted Image

#26 kelbird

kelbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

So much for the olive branch! rolleyes.gif
The Stormin' Mormon!!!!!

"I know my Father lives and loves me too. The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true.
He sent me here to earth, by faith to live His plan. The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me that I can."~~Reid Nibley

"This is not a black and white world
To be alive
I say the colors must swirl
And I believe
That maybe today
We will all get to appreciate
The beauty of gray"~~Ed Kowalczyk

#27 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

QUOTE (publisher @ Feb 20 2006, 11:39 PM)
Tazman:

I don't take umbrage at Campbell's quote and I think it would help you if you thought of it this way.

First, take the chip off your shoulder as Joseph Campbell was not calling all Christians fools.

Rather he was talking about the zealot and the cult leader whose god is so 'exclusive' god; so personal, so unique to a specific individual  that all others  than he and his immediate cult followers are lost.

pubby

Exactly Publisher. Thank you.

Campbell was absolutely brilliant.... an amazing man.

Anyway -- thanks for making the point I was grasping at trying to figure out how to explain more clearly.

#28 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

QUOTE (publisher @ Feb 20 2006, 11:39 PM)
Tazman:

Rather he was talking about the zealot and the cult leader whose god is so 'exclusive' god; so personal, so unique to a specific individual  that all others  than he and his immediate cult followers are lost.

pubby

Well put Pubby...zealots in any religion/belief system can be dangerous

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:40 PM)
Now, now ... I am not bashing or being harsh ... I am having an open dialoug with you ... I don't think that was a fair statement.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you Taz. smile.gif

#30 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (publisher @ Feb 20 2006, 10:39 PM)
Tazman:

pubby

I have no chip ... simply making a statment that I find it offensive ... and the way the qoute reads, it calls all Christians fools

Posted Image

#31 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:42 PM)
I have no chip ... simply making a statment that I find it offensive ... and the way the qoute reads, it calls all Christians fools

There are other monotheistic religions out there that it could be referencing. The way you interpret it makes it personal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (kelbird @ Feb 20 2006, 10:41 PM)
So much for the olive branch! rolleyes.gif

Wow, so I cannot post how I feel about something ....

Posted Image

#33 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (bwitchy @ Feb 20 2006, 10:39 PM)
I always try to be respectful.  I think that part of the problem is that their are different interpretations of respect.  I find you calling my belief system satanic offensive b/c one has nothing to do with the other.  When you keep throwing Biblical quotes at it instead of listening/learning where the differences are, that is also disrespectful. (MHO)  I, nor do I believe any of the other Pagans online, do  not expect you to agree with us or to suddenly renounce your beliefs; however, a little knowledge that is outside the stereotype can go a long way.  The problem, as I see it, is that we are much more familiar with your belief system than you are with ours.  We (and I think I can say with some certainty all of us) have taken the time to study your religion, and many of us have viewed Christianity through several different denominations.  You, however, have only the one point of view through which to  make your judgements.  Have you ever independently researched Paganism?  How much do you really know about our true beliefs and how much is what you've been told through your church?  All I'm saying is that you might want to step out of that box a little before assuming you know what we believe.  The thing in many of your posts that I find offensive is when you begin telling "me" what I believe, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Here's something to chew on...if your true intent is to witness to others to lead them to the "true" path, then shouldn't you learn a little bit about what they currently believe and use that as a jumping off point rather than telling them that they are basically worshiping the most evil being in your belief system and thinking that's going to sway them? I think you'd be surprised at how much many religions really have in common once you take the "politics" out of them. JMHO... sleep.gif

Did you read the article I linked to? Just what do you think I was doing? Come on guys, you are acting as if I were personally attacking you with this thread.

Posted Image

#34 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:46 PM)

Of course you can, and people should respect your right to do so even if they don't agree with you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:48 PM)
Did you read the article I linked to? Just what do you think I was doing? Come on guys, you are acting as if I were personally attacking you with this thread.

I don't feel personally attacked, and I did read most of the article; however, it still has a Christian slant because it was written by a "born again" Christian. All I'm saying is that you should look to outside sources and then form your own opinions after doing a little research. Read both sides if you will. I know that my faith in my belief system has only been confirmed the more I research the beliefs of others; in fact, it has helped me to reaffirm/redefine my beliefs more clearly. You shouldn't be afraid of looking outside the Bible for answers; if you're right, then your faith in what you knew in your heart to be true will only be stronger; if not, then you've learned something about others and yourself. Again, JMHO...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:46 PM)

You can absolutely post how you feel about something. I'm all for people saying what they believe and why. The important part is not necessarily *what* you say, but *how* you say it. I'm a firm believer that we can post things with respect for others and still get "out there" what we are truly trying to say.

#37 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

Tazman:

you wrote:

I vehemently disagree. Indeed, the key thing to remember my friend, is that our GOD is, as we believe, the only GOD and is therefore everyone's GOD.

The zealot, the cultist, the fool that is dangerous is the one who believes that HIS god is the only GOD ... That means by definition that it can't be the Christian GOD because HIS god can't be my GOD because my GOD is not mine; I am only a child and I certainly can't own, possess GOD without thinking I am somehow superior to GOD.

That "HIS god" concept is the trick word that explains a lot about the quote and the attitude that goes with it.

We are HIS; He is not ours.

pubby

#38 Tazman

Tazman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (bwitchy @ Feb 20 2006, 10:53 PM)
I don't feel personally attacked, and I did read most of the article; however, it still has a Christian slant because it was written by a "born again" Christian.  All I'm saying is that you should look to outside sources and then form your own opinions after doing a little research.  Read both sides if you will.  I know that my faith in my belief system has only been confirmed the more I research the beliefs of others; in fact, it has helped me to reaffirm/redefine my beliefs more clearly.  You shouldn't be afraid of looking outside the Bible for answers; if you're right, then your faith in what you knew in your heart to be true will only be stronger; if not, then you've learned something about others and yourself. Again, JMHO...

I have no fear of looking outside the box, I have no fear that my faith can be tempted, I know what I believe and why ... I do not need a source other than the Bible to confirm my Christian beliefs. BTW that Christian, used to be Wiccan, I thought it was very well written ...

Posted Image

#39 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Tazman @ Feb 20 2006, 11:58 PM)
I have no fear of looking outside the box, I have no fear that my faith can be tempted, I know what I believe and why ... I do not need a source other than the Bible to confirm my Christian beliefs.  BTW that Christian, used to be Wiccan, I thought it was very well written ...

It was well written

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:04 PM

I have to work in the morning. Assuming that ya'll play nice and this is still open in the morrow, I will peek in and see what's going on.

Have a blessed evening! smile.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics