• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2003 - 04:02 PM

The Paulding.com $250 cash winner will be determined in this manner:

Every day there are two drawings for the Georgia Lottery Cash Three. The result are three randomly selected numbers presented in the order of first to last drawn.

Paulding.com approximately 550 members in good standing. The cash three numbers will result in a number between 000 and 999.

USING THE CASH THREE NUMBERS DRAWN BEGINNING DEC. 25TH, the first member's number WHO POSTS will win the $250 JACKPOT for this first drawing.

The key here is the member number that is assigned to your user ID. It is important to note that the 'member number' that counts is the one that appears under your name when you make a post.

Here are some example numbers from some frequent posters:
Ken Ball Member No.: 384
PCHS Band Student: Member No.: 465
Judo 2719: Member No.: 421
webmaster: Member No.: 1

A member won't know their number unless they post. You can't get the numbers from your listing in the membership directory by counting. You will only discover this number by posting.

You can Add the reply ... "Did I win" and look and see if your member number matches.

I should add there is a good chance that if your number is close, those with numbers near you will be in order.

There are some gaps in the numbers as the registering member had listed an invalid email address or otherwise had their membership rejected over validation issues (including failure to follow through with COPPA registration requirements.)

NOTABLY, as members don't 'know' their numbers and can find them out only by posting, there may be several 'possible' winners.

THE WINNER IS DETERMINED SOLEY BY BEING THE FIRST TO POST THEIR CLAIM USING THE WINNING MEMBER ACCOUNT.

For instance, Today's (DEC. 25th) Noon winning number is 260. Tonight's number will be drawn and let's assume it is 001 (Webmaster's member number). If member 260 doesn't post and claim their prize before webmaster posts his claim ... then the Webmaster Wins and member #260 gets nothing.

This contest is being constructed as a continuing contest with a progressive jackpot that starts with $10.00 and grows $2.00 per day until it is claimed by a valid winning member.

Let me clarify that once a win is claimed and a winner declared, the contest starts anew with a new set of winning member numbers being generated by subsequent GAlottery cash three drawings.

If there are any questions about this, post them here. The intent, stated simply, is to award the prize to the member with the Paulding.com membership number that matches a selected and defined set of GALottery CASH 3 numbers. Once a winner is declared, a new (similar contest) commences with a progressive jackpot.

#2 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 07:24 PM

Neat idea!
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 vicky_mills

vicky_mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:34 PM

good idea!

#4 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for your feedback ... especially since it's positive smile.gif

I do have a question. Should I reveal the 'losing member's' ID once a winner has come forward?

Also, I'm considering emailing all the members about this little contest?

#5 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 12:00 AM

I'd email everyone about the contest. That's a good idea.

I dunno about revealing the losing ID. If it were me, I don't know how I'd react. It can't hurt. Might drum up a few more posters.
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 PCHS Band Student

PCHS Band Student

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:31 AM

What happens if niether claims? do you redraw? or wait till the next lotto 3?
Posted ImageP-C-H-S|B-A-N-DPosted Image

#7 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:36 AM

The two 'elgibles' can claim 'tomorrow' ... but then tomorrow at noon, there will be another number from the Cash 3... and if a member has that number they too can claim. Three possible winners; the first wins.

Then at about 7 p.m., there will be another number drawn... And there will be four possible winners ... the first one of the four to claim the prize wins. ...

and then Saturday there will be another midday drawing and there will be five possible winners... etc. etc. etc.

At any time ANY of those elgibile can claim the prize and win.

The point is know your member number and check the site as we'll post the 'elgible members' here.

There could be 15 members elgible to win before one of them CLAIMS the prize.

When one of the eligible members (One whose number has been drawn whether on the first or fifth or fifteenth day) discovers it and CLAIMS the prize, that particular contest ends. Either the next day or the day after a new contest (it will be announced) will begin with the progressive jackpot.

#8 randyw

randyw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:25 AM

A good way to get people interested and using the site.

#9 vicky_mills

vicky_mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:36 AM

I think I'd rather be advised by email of the contest than to learn about it by someone telling me that I'd lost the contest.

#10 jesse

jesse

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

Did I win?

#11 jlewi

jlewi

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:32 PM

did I win Hope everyone's holiday was Happy

#12 LOWERSRR

LOWERSRR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

ARE THE NUMBERS POSTED TWICE DAILY?
WHAT TIMES ARE THEY POSTED?
wink.gif
DID I WIN?

#13 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:29 PM

Lowersrr:

The numbers are the same numbers that are called by the GALottery and I include a link to the lottery for them. When I get a chance, I update them but if a member were to see their number called on TV -- in your case #154 you were to immediately post in the active contest thread (-- it has to be in the current contest topic) they won with this number, the formality that I had not posted the newest eligible member number yet would not prevent the award of the prize.

As you can see from this thread from the first contest we do get the numbers posted ... but sometimes that posting is several hours after the actual Cash3 Drawing. You'll not the link to the lottery, though, on that page.

FYI: The GA Lottery has Cash3 once on Sunday (evening) and twice all other days of the week. We post only those numbers that are possible matches (within the range of the current membership. That means with 609 members, we only post numbers smaller than 609 as eligible winners.)

If you know a Paulding person who would like to play along -- its like playing the lottery without really playing the lottery -- encourage them to register on paulding.com and they'll have a member number right now, in the high 500's to low 600's.

#14 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:06 PM

If nobody wants it.. Ya can give it to me...

#15 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:17 PM

Cableman:)

That's awfully generous of you but I think we got it covered smile.gif

#16 BassPlayer

BassPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:28 PM

great idea!!!!
Bassplayer

#17 cathy39

cathy39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:23 PM

did i win?

#18 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:42 PM

Cathy39:

Your number is 566. If 566 is drawn in exact order you will be eligible to win however to actually walk away with the money, you will have to post on paulding.com and claim it!

The whole point of this, from paulding.com's perspective, is to get people to break the ice and post a message. You now know that it is as easy as clicking 'reply' in a topic. When you do, all you do then is type what you want to say and click add reply.

What I'm hoping is that as more folks see how easy it is to post a message they'll start sharing their news and opinions. They'll start new topics about things going on with the schools, county, service organizations, neighborhoods, churches and life.

Not only all that, but from what I've seen on other specialized boards, they meet new people and make new friends. What's unique about Paulding.com is that instead of folks being from all over the world, the vast majority are right here in the county so meeting them here and then later having a cup of coffee is soooo much more feasible.

Your participation -- both reading and contributing -- is what paulding.com gets out of these contests and whether you win or not, if you contribute, we're both a winner. If you happen to make a new friend in the process, well you're a big winner!

#19 KidsComeFirst

KidsComeFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:32 PM

Webmaster,
I have a question. It may sound stupid, but here it goes! If the Cash 3 numbers are drawn, and let's say for example they are your numbers, 001, which member numbers would be eligible to win? Would 100 and 010 also be eligible? or does it have to be in the exact order as they were called on the cash 3? Sorry to be so confusing. Val dry.gif
KidsComeFirst

#20 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:15 AM

Val:

You know I've thought of that one and maybe I should have done it that way. The reason I didn't though is this.

This promotion, I'm thinking, will be a regular feature of the site.

Now I've thought ahead and I expect to have 2-3,000 registered members in the not too distant future.

When that happens, this is how it will work.

Say the number #134 is drawn in the midday drawing.

We'd have four potential winners that day as member #0134, #1134, #2134 and member #3134 will all be eligible. The competition would be there among those four to be the first to claim the prize. None of them catch it, I add four more eligible users at the evening drawing. At that rate, I suspect I'll be giving away an average of $25 every two or three days.

If we did it like Cash3, then I'd have #0134, #0143, #0314, #431, #341,#413, #1134, #1143, #1314, #1431, #1341,#1413, #2134, #2143, #2314, #2431, #2341,#2413, #3134, #3143, #3314, #3431, #3341,#3413.

With 48 eligible members created with each day, I'd probably have two winners step forward every day. Figure the contest would cost (in prizes) $40.00/day and well, I'd run out of money quick. (You know you could help out by buying the Realone service advertised below.smile.gif but that's another story.)

As I think about it, that would be pretty cool ... So ...

... if I could get some local sponsors that would back it to the tune of $600-700/wk that would make it worthwhile for all concerned. I'd think they'd get some pretty good exposure!

Fact is, if you think this would be a fun game, we're game. What we need to make that feasible is probably 1500 registered members to start. So tell your friends about Paulding.com and tell them to get registered!

#21 kristyk

kristyk

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:51 AM

Did I win? Do you have to log in on the site everday to find out if you won? ohmy.gif

#22 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:48 AM

KristyC:

Now that you've posted, you know your member number is 435.

One thing to keep in mind is even when your number comes up, you probably won't be the only Paulding.com member eligible to win. If you dilly-dally someone else will be eligible and if they beat you to it, they win and you don't.

That' why you ought to be checking here.

But you don't necessarily have to check here. What you could do is check the Cash3 lottery numbers ... ask the convenience store clerk, watch the drawing on TV, etc. and if your number hasn't come up, well, then you haven't won.

Sure, we'd like you to log to enjoy more than the contest, News, views, including local videos are all available ... but you can usually catch up with that stuff on less than daily schedule.

#23 KidsComeFirst

KidsComeFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:07 PM

Where are you posting the winning numbers. I have failed to see last night's or today's numbers on the site????? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Val
KidsComeFirst

#24 KidsComeFirst

KidsComeFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:11 PM

Nevermind,
I found what I was looking for under the "pinned" section. Guess I overlooked that when I first signed on... huh.gif
KidsComeFirst

#25 KidsComeFirst

KidsComeFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:16 PM

And P.S....
I told all my friends about the site when you were running the contest for Paulding's Favorite a couple of months ago. And I have another question, what is Realone? You had mentioned that above, but I didn't see the advertisement. Val
KidsComeFirst

#26 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:28 PM

Val:

RealOne is the Real media player and content service. If you look at the very bottom of my post after my name you'll see the links.

It actually offers some pretty cool things to look at if you have broadband. For instance, you can view the newest Harry Potter Movie trailer (coming out in June 04) on Ifilm.com at 500kbs -- near DVD quality. They also have a passel of short films and other content like that video where the guy tries to outrun a big jet landing on the freeway but is thwarted by the ancient old lady in the big car who flips him off smile.gif There are jokes and all sorts of videos at ifilm.com covered under the project.

ABC and some other news organizations offer programs like nightline, and other news shows in their entireity (but without commercials) that you can view on demand instead of when WSB schedules them. (local news shows aren't included.)

That's just some of the content available.

They're also offering their rhapsody program that lets you pull just the cuts you want from the net and burn them to CD for 79 cents a record, which is pretty cool. They've got over 400,000 songs and I think they include recent releases as well. It is the 'legal way' to copy music off the Internet.

There is other content there as well and one of the things I've done when I'm at HG is plug the old laptop up to the projector and 'entertain myself' so if you can stop by there, you'll be able to see and try before you buy. (They give you some special introductory offers anyway so you can do it at home with little or no risk.)

Anyway, that's what RealOne is about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics