Paulding.com

Coretta Scott King split topic

How CRUDE Pointy.  :angry2:

You don't remember the big discussion we had here on the board about the King center and how the family was just in it for the money. Even the AJC printed articles about it. It was the talk of the town in Atlanta, I surprised at you for not knowing this, Soapy.

Just because she died doesn't automatically grant her sainthood. She was not the gracious, genteel southern belle some would like to believe. She was aforded much more honor and status than she was due.

I'm sorry for the family and their loss, but this is no reason to lose focus.

And she didn't take a dollar of all that money with her.....

Mrs. King, may she RIP, had a reputation of an arrogant witch. I really am tired of hearing about the King family. As far as I am concerned, they spoiled the memory and legacy of Martin Luther King. I hope he calls her on it.

I said earlier in a topic *she had a dream also for her kids to stop fighting over the king center*

I am sorry for the family also but when you turn the tv on and it's the same ole thing hour after hour........eeerrrr.

As for another holiday I told my hubby the samething!

Shameful.I'm amazed but not surprised.Not one person has recognized Mrs. King for what's important,that being her lifetime achievements.Instead it's the usual back and forth bickering. I'm a spiritual person.There is no coincidence that everything they accomplished,their heritage,beliefs,principles, has church and religious roots. When you attend church,(if you attend) remember this.........and pray for the family.

ALSO,REMEMBER THE TITLE OF THIS COLUMN " REST IN PEACE"

Shameful.I'm amazed but not surprised.Not one person has recognized Mrs. King for what's important,that being her lifetime achievements.Instead it's the usual back and forth bickering.  I'm a spiritual person.There is no coincidence that everything they accomplished,their heritage,beliefs,principles, has church and religious roots. When you attend church,(if you attend) remember this.........and pray for the family.

ALSO,REMEMBER THE TITLE OF THIS COLUMN  " REST IN PEACE"

While I agree with what you're saying, this "side-topic" was thankfully snipped out of the *actual* "rest in peace" memorial thread, so that people could just be as nasty as their souls allow them to be in this thread without detracting away from those who wished to post something in memorial for Mrs. King.

While I agree with what you're saying, this "side-topic" was thankfully snipped out of the *actual* "rest in peace" memorial thread, so that people could just be as nasty as their souls allow them to be in this thread without detracting away from those who wished to post something in memorial for Mrs. King.

Unbelievable.This is not nice. Now I've heard it all.........I'll keep you and your fellow "detractors" in my prayers. Put yourself in the family's shoes. .......would you want anyone to be "nasty and detracting" toward you,your daughter,son,or parents or anyone in your family in their hour of grief?.......Of course not.......... And bear in mind,we all get old and pass away................I'm of the opinion that one never says anything about someone that you would not say in their presense. Would you be willing to say the same in the presence of Mrs.King's family members?

Edited by wellnessbuff
Unbelievable.This is not nice. Now I've heard it all.........I'll keep you and your fellow "detractors" in my prayers. Put  yourself in the family's shoes. .......would you want anyone to be "nasty and detracting" toward you,your daughter,son,or parents or anyone in your family in their hour of grief?.......Of course not.......... And bear in mind,we all get old and pass away................I'm of the opinion that one never says anything about someone that you would not say in their presense. Would you be willing to say the same in the presence of Mrs.King's family members?

Wellnessbuff -- I'm NOT a detractor. Check your PMs. :)

You don't remember the big discussion we had here on the board about the King center and how the family was just in it for the money. Even the AJC printed articles about it. It was the talk of the town in Atlanta, I surprised at you for not knowing this, Soapy.

Just because she died doesn't automatically grant her sainthood. She was not the gracious, genteel southern belle some would like to believe. She was aforded much more honor and status than she was due.

I'm sorry for the family and their loss, but this is no reason to lose focus.

Yes, I remmember this point in time myself....They also didn't make many payments to ulitity companies and were $ thousands in the rear for it.

They let the Building go downhill, not repairing it, keeping up maintenaince, ect. Even Cynthis Tucker wrote about it.

I posted in Pointy's thread on the 31st. Soapmom's "I'm not a detractor" post is from today.

I guess I'm lost - I took the OP as this thread could be used for the detractors to voice their views on the widow of Dr. King, while preserving the other thread for glowing reports of the widow's death.

Yes, I remmember this point in time myself....They also didn't make many payments to ulitity companies and were $ thousands in the rear for it.

They let the Building go downhill, not repairing it, keeping up maintenaince, ect.  Even Cynthis Tucker wrote about it.

I did some research after this post, and found that just on Jan. 4, 2006 Ms. Tucker was talking about the Building/Property. ( click on C. Tucker's name ajc.)

Now today in her obituary, she states Mrs. Corretta Scott-King was the Jakie O to Black Women.

If anyone wants to think this, it's fine with me, I'm just writing what Ms. Tucker wrote.

I posted in Pointy's thread on the 31st.  Soapmom's "I'm not a detractor" post is from today.

I guess I'm lost - I took the OP as this thread could be used for the detractors to voice their views on the widow of Dr. King, while preserving the other thread for glowing reports of the widow's death.

FreeBird -- why in the world are you wanting to fight over something as stupid as this???

The member "wellnessbuff" posted -- thinking that all these other nastier posts were being posted in a *memorial thread* -- and I responded to let them know that no, this thread had been split off, and was being used for detractions. Afterwards Wellnessbuff still seemed to not completely understand, and even then felt that I too was a detractor (which I'm not) -- so I responded and PMed them.

What is so hard to understand about any of that? Seems to me like you're just trying to start something with me where there doesn't need to be anything started.