Paulding.com

I don't know if any of you have heard that attend West Ridge Church or if any of you received the West Ridge E-mail Blast, but John Bloye, Brian's father, passed away, I think yesterday, in a rafting accident. That is all the E-mail said. I believe they will be having a special service tomorrow. This is terribly sad and terribly shocking. It is comforting to know that he is definately with God. :(

Pastor John was a neat guy! He arrived on staff three years ago and headed up the care and counseling ministry. John died living life to it's fullest and doing what he did so well...spending time with he's son's. John...from a partner on staff and close to 3000 folks at WRC...we will miss your spirit! :(

We cried all night........................

John, you were blessed and we will miss you.

Pray for Pastor Brian and Family and Especially John's wife Judy.

MrFixIt and Dogwood

Thanks Malia for starting this thread!

No problem. I have been attending West Ridge for three years now and unfortunately have never actually met Mr. Bloye, but I feel like I know all about him through all the wonderful stories that Brian and other staff members and attenders have told. I can only imagine the shock the family and West Ridgers are in, as I am. I have had a deep sadness with me the entire day trying to get the news into my head and trying to figure out the logic of it. I will definately be praying for the family.

We too were shocked when we heard.

Here is a copy of the announcement they sent earlier today:

Our Friend . . .

John 14:1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

[2]In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told

you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a

place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may

be where I am. [4] You know the way to the place where I am going." Jesus

With great saddness we are grieving the home-going of our brother and

fellow-minister John Bloye. John was suddenly taken to heaven yesterday,

(Friday) during a rafting trip in North Carolina.

While this is a tremendous shock to us, we know that our good God had this

event in His time and plan. We won't understand it, but we can trust Him.

Our prayers are focused around wife Judy, and sons Brian, Kevin, and

Jonathan. Prayer is the only, and best action we can take to love this family

right now.

Tomorrow, Sunday, we will join together as the family of God to cry,

remember, pray, but especially to worship the God whom John has loved so

much and in whose presence he is now living.

As John would close his prayer emails:

"In Christ's Matchless Name"

Matthew Willmington

Executive Pastor

WEST RIDGE CHURCH

Since I heard about John's passing, I can't get this out of my mind:

This past Sunday, Pastor Brian had his father preach with him for the father's day message. Brian said that he had done a lot of things with his father, but up to then, they had never given a sermon together.

Some would say coincidence? I don't think so. It had to be God's leading.

John, you will be missed.

markdavd

I also had the same thoughts about the Fathers Day message Brian and John shared with us. These two men were beaming as they shared the pulpit and message. I was shocked when I heard the news of Johns passing last night. My prayers go out to the Bloye family. John you will be greatly missed by the members at WestRidge.

I am not a member of West Ridge, but I have heard wonderful things about John.

He did counselling with a family I know after the death of a loved one. They were so grateful to have such a Godly man guide them through the scriptures, showing them God's Word and promises. I will be in prayer for his family.

I don't go to WestRidge, but have been two or three times within the past 2 months. I was going to go today, but had a speaker at my own church. So I said I'd go next week. All my Westridged friends are pretty sad abt this. It makes me glad that John will be with the Lord... and that we will reuinite with him one day. I have never met him either.

today at church was pretty tough. we had a very special service full of praise and worship, talk about John, and praying for the Bloye family. I can't even imagine how Jonathan is taking this all. He is young and I'm sure this is very difficult for him.

John is already missed by all of us who knew him, I'm sure. I know that I miss him already and I didnt even know him very well. He was such a special man with a big heart and a big smile to go along with it. I could never be near him/see him and be in a bad mood. Just seeing and feeling the joy he experienced in his life rubbed off on me and brought a smile to my face. Knowing that I wont be seeing his smiling face another Sunday- its just hard to imagine.

But I know that he is in a much better place now and that if he had the choice, he wouldnt want to come back. In that sense, I can smile and be comforted. I know that the Bloyes know this too and that in the end everything will be fine. Until then, they are and will be in my thought and prayers.