Paulding.com Annoucements policy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_webmaster_*

Guest_webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:40 PM

Paulding.com members, including those validating, are now able to post their personal announcements here.

Q. What is a personal announcement?

A personal announcement can be notice of a new birth in your family, a post about a loved one celebrating a birthday, a wedding announcement, a graduation annoucement, a notice of an award, scholarship or other personal recognition.

Q. Can the post include a picture?

Yes, members can post pictures and other file attachements (jpg, gif, png, swf, pdf, doc files) up to the limit of their permission (generally about 100kb). The picture posted will be presented as thumbnail image (jpg, gif, png) or an active link (pdf, doc, swf) and will be viewable by the reader by clicking their mouse.

Q. Can I just send you the information and you post it?

No. You will be required to register on Paulding.com and post the announcement yourself. We've got help files and we're working on a special 'posting' tutorial. If you can't wait or find help, go ahead and post your question here in the Internet Cafe and either a site staffer or another member will help you.

Q. What if I make a mistake in posting - misspell someones name - what do I do?

Most of the time you will be able to fix the problem as you should find an 'edit' link in the top of the post box if you were the person posting the news. You will be able to edit the post and there will be short line added noting that you did edit the post.

EDITING TIME is limited, though so look at your post carefully. The fix after that is to just go ahead and own up to your imperfect humanity and post a new message correcting the first. Truely no one will think less of you for that effort to get it right.

BTW: It is perfectly acceptable for another to, without casting dispersions or intending ridicule, to suggest corrections of fact. I wouldn't worry too much about other's grammer or spelling unless it gets in the way of communication. Said another way, hospitality trumps formality at Paulding.com.

Q. So what do you do?

You can also ask questions here but gosh, why not just post your birthday greeting, birth announcement, egagement, wedding announcement, scholarship award notice, etc, etc. here. Any personal news instead.

Q. If someone posts an announcement and I want to congratulate them, can I?

Sure you can.

Q. What is someone posts a bogus announcement here?

First, report the post (there is a button there.) Second, post your belief that the post is bogus; untrue and without basis in fact and we'll delete the post and sort things out later. If the person posting the bogus announcement did so maliciously, they'll be suspended. If the person calling the post into question and asking its removal was malicious, we'll suspend them. Bottomline, we'll sort it out.

BTW: If those kinds of shenanigans become an issue, we'll simply restrict posting in this forum and require moderator review before posting is allowed. I don't envision that kind of stuff but know that victimization of anyone is against our terms of service. Putting up bogus stuff, in our opinion, not only victimizes the parties listed but paulding.com and we won't tolerate that. Freedom requires responsibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics