1 reply to this topic

#1 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

Figured I'd share my Mom's great dip recipe, I find it quite addictive. We call it "Taco Dip".

What you need:
16 oz package of sour cream
1 pack of Taco seasoning, I prefer Old El Paso
chips, we prefer tortilla chips, since it's a taco dip

Basically, just mix the seasoning into the sour cream. Can work on different sizes of sour cream, just decrease or increase the amount of taco seasoning accordingly. It is absolutely great, but make sure you eat it quick, after prepared it has a shelf life of about 3 days in the fridge.
Forget this place. 7 out.

#2 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:24 AM

Quick corn chowder to go with it. 1/2 cup I can't believe it's not butter , some onions and green pepper diced( the frozen food sectin has a mix of oninion, pepper, celery etc.. diced). Let that start and cook in the bottom of a sauce pan. When teh onions etc are soft add 1/3 cup flour and stir rapidly with a wisk. Once most the lumps are out add , paprika, pepper and dill , I also will add cajun seasoning. Dill may be one you don't have but get it, the flavor it adds to this is essential. mix the spices in and add about 6 cups of mix, if your short on milk you can use some water, now add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 can corn. I like to use swett white corn but any will do. bring it to A boil while stirrng with your wisk, then turn it down to low and keep stirring while it thickens. You can add more water/milk if it is too thick or flour if it is too thin. taste it at this point to see if you need more sugar or spice.

this is great with a mexican dish and really easy. You can add shrimp , chunks of potato or other veggies.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics