41 replies to this topic

#1 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

THIS MAN IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF DALLAS FOLKS. I AM NEVER STOPPING IN HIS STORE FOR ANYTHING. ALL OTHER STATIONS WERE 2.89 THIS MORNING.
HE IS REALLY A MONEY HUNGREY PIECE OF _______. angry.gif angry.gif
HE HAS LOST MY BUSINESS FOREVER. mellow.gif

#2 Nanny

Nanny

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:22 AM

foreign?

#3 mrsjones

mrsjones

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:23 AM

personally i will never ever by from a gas station along that strip towards downtown dallas ever again!

just my $4 worth biggrin.gif (as opposed to my 2 cents worth)

Me smile.gif
George Hughes

#4 North Carolina Froggie

North Carolina Froggie

super frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (bubbles @ Sep 1 2005, 07:18 AM)
THIS MAN IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF DALLAS FOLKS.  I AM NEVER STOPPING IN HIS STORE FOR ANYTHING.  ALL OTHER STATIONS WERE 2.89 THIS MORNING.
HE IS REALLY A MONEY HUNGREY PIECE OF _______.  angry.gif  angry.gif

turn them in .. i think there is a number you can call .. maybe even call the news people and report them as price gouging.

#5 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (nanny @ Sep 1 2005, 06:22 AM)

YES HE IS fOREIGN AND HAS NO HEART. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIS SELF.

#6 North Carolina Froggie

North Carolina Froggie

super frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (bubbles @ Sep 1 2005, 07:26 AM)
YES HE IS fOREIGN AND HAS NO HEART.  HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIS SELF.

lol but hes not all he see's is that he can double the money he can get from you.
thats more that he can send back to hi people and spend more to bring more of them here.

#7 Guest_AJH_*

Guest_AJH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:28 AM

That's the Exxon I was talking about yesterday...

#8 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:41 AM

IF PEOPLE JUST STOP GOING IN HIS STORE FOR ANYTHING AND PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS MAYBE HE WILL GO BACK FROM WHERE HE CAME FROM. IT'S GETTING WORSE AND WORSE IN PAULDING COUNTY. IT SHOULD BE PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE, NOT PEOPLE USEING PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY CAN. PEOPLE DO NOT FORGET EVIL PEOPLE LIKE HIM. angry.gif

#9 mrsjones

mrsjones

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (bubbles @ Sep 1 2005, 07:41 AM)
IF PEOPLE JUST STOP GOING IN HIS STORE FOR ANYTHING AND PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS MAYBE HE WILL GO BACK FROM WHERE HE CAME FROM.  IT'S GETTING WORSE AND WORSE IN PAULDING COUNTY.  IT SHOULD BE PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE, NOT PEOPLE USEING PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY CAN.  PEOPLE DO NOT FORGET EVIL PEOPLE LIKE HIM. angry.gif

i don't wish him "back from where he came", i just hope that he gets what he deserves (ie less/no business) for taking advantage of people and trying to make a dishonest dollar. I don't think it has a lot to do with his nationality (maybe more so his upbringing), just that he was being greedy. I will not support that.

Me smile.gif
George Hughes

#10 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:55 AM

::::: sigh :::::

Don't support them.

Report them.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#11 pauldingfriend

pauldingfriend

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

Per Governor Sonny..... report them..... for price gouging

The Consumer Affairs office number is (404) 651-8600.

#12 nolonger

nolonger

Paulding Com member

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

I will never stop at that station again. THat is GOUGING!!!! and he will be turned in. When he first opened......I remember a man getting gas the same time I did ( this has been a long while back) and he had a gallon gas can.........he went in the store to tell the man that his pump said he got a gallon but that his can wasn't filled up to the gallon mark.......of course the owner in there said the can was wrong...but the gentleman getting the gas said he has filled that can up many times and a gallon is a gallon...........so ever since then...........I have not stopped there and now that he is taking advantage of this horrible stituation....I will not stop there!!!!

#13 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (bubbles @ Sep 1 2005, 06:18 AM)
THIS MAN IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF DALLAS FOLKS.  I AM NEVER STOPPING IN HIS STORE FOR ANYTHING.  ALL OTHER STATIONS WERE 2.89 THIS MORNING.

I WONDER IF HE WOULD LIKE TO GO TO NEW ORLEANS, PERFECT PLACE FOR HIM TO LIVE. wink.gif

#14 KatySkarlet

KatySkarlet

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for posting about this. He has now, officially, lost my business. mad.gif You should report him.

#15 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:13 AM

I will stop by there today! Not to buy gas but to video the prices and maybe even video someone paying his gouging prices. sleep.gif

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

#16 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

thanks for the number i am calling and reporting him now.

#17 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:23 AM

They said on the radio this morning that you will probalbly not be able to get through on the phone #, they actually would prefer you write to the Governors office of consumer affairs with the details, including your contact information.

Either way, do not expect them to come out immediatley to do something. They will investigate and if warranted, issue a fine, but it will take some time.
I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#18 Laurel Bay

Laurel Bay

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:27 AM

More often than not, it has been my observation that more and more gas stations are owned and operated by foreigners.

Just an observation, NOT a politcal comment. No flack required.

#19 justcritty

justcritty

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (nanny @ Sep 1 2005, 07:22 AM)

not all foreigners are price gougers

#20 eeyore

eeyore

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (QTee @ Sep 1 2005, 08:13 AM)
I will stop by there today!  Not to buy gas but to video the prices and maybe even video someone paying his gouging prices.  sleep.gif

Take a video of the dope smoking accessories he has for sale at the counter too......at least I guess he still sells it, I haven't been back since I saw it in there.

#21 broken sea shell

broken sea shell

All is well

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:52 AM

on the news this am they stated that for every consumer they gouge it is a $5000.00 fine and for every senior citizen they gouge it is $15,000.00 fine.... repert report report, and ruin his business!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Bubba Trump

Bubba Trump

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:03 AM

I say we band together and form protest line to show him and all the other staions that we will not stand for it. It might even make the news and can spur action from other folks.

#23 Laurel Bay

Laurel Bay

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Bubba Trump @ Sep 1 2005, 09:03 AM)
I say we band together and form  protest line to show him and all the other staions that we will not stand for it. It might even make the news and can spur action from other folks.

I think no cars at their pumps would send a good message.

#24 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

As I drove in this AM.

The prices at the Fina (?) at the bottom of 3 mile hill was $3.69 reg/ul; the Exxon was also $3.69 (the one that is the target here - diesel was $2.99) and the Coastal at the top of the hill next to Dallas Tire was $3.59.

pubby

#25 FastG32

FastG32

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:16 AM

The exxon on hwy 278 was $3.79 gal. my pa pa went down there to get some gas for his lawn mower and fill up his truck and they were puting pre pay only signs on all the pumps. well my pa lives very close to there and buys gas there all the time and they still tried to make him pre pay but he refused and told them where they could shove their pre pay signs and high gas prices. mad.gif
" Im your Huckleberry, thats just my game"

#26 REV

REV

Super Icon

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,510 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (epMomHF @ Sep 1 2005, 07:36 AM)
NO ONE should support ANYONE, not matter what  their nationality is, that is taking advantage by gouging.  angry.gif

Amen! It is not just foreign people.

QUOTE (eeyore @ Sep 1 2005, 08:51 AM)
Take a video of the dope smoking accessories he has for sale at the counter  too......at least I guess he still sells it, I haven't been back since I saw it in there.

Yeah, just what I was thinking mad.gif
He said/She said.....Who gives a sheeze?

#27 Nanny

Nanny

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (REV @ Sep 1 2005, 09:18 AM)
Amen! It is not just foreign people.

I didn't mean anything by that Rev. sad.gif

your right, its not just foreign.

I've been in there before to sample the gas ninja.gif

#28 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:32 AM

THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS HAVE A FAX NUMBER TO FAX IN COMPLAINTS AND I WILL DO IT TODAY. ALL I CAN DO IS TRY.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHERE HES FROM OR WHAT COLOR SKIN. THERE IS A CRISIS GOING ON IN OUR NATION AND WE NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY AND STOP THESE GREEDY SELFISH PEOPLE.

#29 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (crittyl @ Sep 1 2005, 08:29 AM)
not all foreigners are price gougers

Thank you.

Not to mention all of our families were "foreigners" at one point in time too.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#30 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (publisher @ Sep 1 2005, 09:07 AM)
As I drove in this AM.

The prices at the Fina (?) at the bottom of 3 mile hill was $3.69 reg/ul; the Exxon was also $3.69 (the one that is the target here - diesel was $2.99) and the Coastal at the top of the hill next to Dallas Tire was $3.59.

pubby

Thanks for that update Pubby.

#31 myrlin

myrlin

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

Everytime I go by the gas station at the Post Office I never see anybody there. Plus, haven't they always been a little higher on gas???

#32 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:37 PM

biggrin.gif OK NOW HE FINALLY PUT HIS PRICES DOWN TO 3.19 ABOUT THE SAME AS THE OTHERS. BUT HE SOLD GAS YESTERDAY FOR 3.99 PER GALLON, HE MADE HIMSELF SOME FAST CASH PLUS MADE ALOT OF PEOPLE MAD AT HIM. WAS IT WORTH IT?? I DID FAX A COMPLAINT ON HIM WHICH I REALLY DON'T THINK IT WAS EVEN LOOKED AT YET. I STILL WILL NOT SET A FOOT IN THAT STORE AGAIN EVEN IF I RAN OUT OF GAS IN FRONT OF HIS STORE. happy.gif

#33 Tahoe

Tahoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (eeyore @ Sep 1 2005, 08:51 AM)
Take a video of the dope smoking accessories he has for sale at the counter  too......at least I guess he still sells it, I haven't been back since I saw it in there.

My thoughts exactly!! I was in there with my boys and saw the glass stand with all the crack pipes in it. I asked him, "why are you selling these?" He got hateful and said "It is not against the law!!!!"
"Obama is not a Leader, he is a Ruler." Neal Bortz

Every trial we face is a trial of our Faith.
God will close your walls in to make you look to Him

"Non-Liberal" because not everyone can be on welfare...edited at the request of p.com police

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand. óMilton Friedman

#34 tinkerbelle1966

tinkerbelle1966

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

i stopped it his store back during the summer I am a bus driver and it was the day before payday. I needed gas and I got 10.00 worth. I had some ones and I paid the rest in change. He treated me as if I were a criminal asked me if I could use my credit card or if I could go to the bank and get bills for the change I had. I told him no on all parts and I would be glad to count the change for him. He got rather po'd aboout it and told me to stand there while he counted the money. I smiled and said I sure will!!!!!

I haven't been back in since then.

#35 dozment

dozment

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

Folks, there is an article on www.georgia.gov that has a form and fax number to report price gouging. It might work better than trying to call it in. The Gov seemed pretty unhappy about it the other day. Sounds like he's ready to fine these people $5k per customer ($15k for seniors). Turn um in!

#36 Joshua_Gilman

Joshua_Gilman

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

just wanted to comment about the gas station at 278 and buchanan hwy making everyone pre-pay for their gas on the gas panic day.......they did that because they had so many people running off without paying....i'm pretty regular there and i've known some of the people working there....they were in complete chaos...losing all kinds of money because of the drive offs.....i was pumping my gas just before they did all pre-pay (i was on empty...i NEEDED the gas lol)
Joshua Gilman ~ Octavious Orion
Paulding County High c/o 2002

"Dona Nobis Pacem" ~ "Give Us Peace"

"Ce que vous dites, et ce que vous faites, me montre ce que vous etes." ~ "That which you say, and that which you do, show that which you are."

"An it harm none, do what ye will."

#37 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,951 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (bubbles @ Sep 1 2005, 07:18 AM)

EVERY GAS STATION RAISED THE PRICES ON SEPT 1 ST !!!

YES EVERY SINGLE ONE !!!

Why are you trying to single out 1 foreign owned station ?

I buy gas there all the time & I will continue to do so !
Everytime the clerks have always been nice & friendly... smile.gif

money hungry ? hahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
do you know what the profit margins on gasoline are for station owners ?
a few pennies per gallon...

This thread smells, and it ain't gas... ohmy.gif cool.gif
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#38 jmd

jmd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (mrshoward @ Sep 7 2005, 06:36 AM)
EVERY GAS STATION  RAISED THE PRICES ON SEPT 1 ST !!!

YES EVERY SINGLE ONE !!!

money hungry ? hahaha  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This thread smells, and it ain't gas... ohmy.gif  cool.gif

Yes, he sounds money hungry for charging up to 3.99 a gallon. While the others charged 2.99 and at the time he had it a 3.99 the most others charged was 3.19. And then wow, he put it down to 3.19.....so who do you think I would go to? Not someone that snubbed my nose at change given to him. Customer service is a big plus in a gas station. That is what keeps people going back to the same ones. And its instances such as on this thread that makes you remember to not go back.

#39 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (mrshoward @ Sep 7 2005, 05:36 AM)

YES EVERY SINGLE ONE !!!

#40 bubbles

bubbles

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (mrshoward @ Sep 7 2005, 05:36 AM)

YES EVERY SINGLE ONE !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics