Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

Jana Harris

Jana Shea Harris, age 27, of Dallas, passed away on Tuesday, August 23, 2005. She was born on June 25, 1978 in Marietta. She was a nurse and a member of the First United Methodist Church of Dallas.

Surviving are her father and step-mother, Sheriff Bruce and Susan Harris of Dallas; her mother and step-father, Dixie and David Mooney of Dallas; sisters, Jaime Harris of Dallas, Paige White of Dallas and Angela Mooney of Cartersville; paternal grandfather, Guy Harris of Dallas; maternal grandfather, Burton Shirah of Temple; aunt and uncle, Tom and Charolette Steed; cousins, Harris and Jayne Morris, Annelle Phillips, Kenelle Phillips, Elle and Will Morris.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, August 26, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Dr. Ken Ray, Reverend Don Rackley and Mr. Harris Morris officiating. The entombment will follow in Concord Baptist Church Cemetery with Eddie Emory, Joey Horsley, Travis Reinhart, Clay Thomason, Mike Ellison and Ricky Waters serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Thursday from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, Gift Processing Center, P.O. Box 29119, Phoenix, Arizona, 85038-9119 or to the First United Methodist Church of Dallas, 145 Memorial Dr. E, Dallas, Georgia 30132. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Bruce & Family,

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved daughter. We never got a chance to meet her but have heard wonderful things about her. If there is anything that any of us can do for any of you, call my Aunt Louise (you're dad's cousin) and she will give you the numbers to reach us. You all are in our hearts and prayers. We love you!

Parker Ragsdale

Dana & Gary Potter (& family)

Bonny & J. Rosser (& family)

Dan & Cynthia Ragsdale (& family)

Jeff Ragsdale (& family)

Love & prayers are sent from the Cobb's as well!

Jana was a very sweet, genuine person. My prayers are with her family and I pray that God will give them the strength they need at this time. When my father passed away 17 years ago, I remember Jana telling me, not to cry that he is with the Angels now. Jana is with the Angels now.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to Sheriff Harris and his family for their loss...I had the opportunity to meet Jana during the campaign...She was friends with my oldest daughter...She was very graceful, beautiful (inside and out), caring, compassionate, and outgoing...I could go on and on about the individual she was and I am sure God needed a special angel so she was called home...I am very grateful I had the opportunity to meet her.

We will keep the family in our thoughts and prayers that God will surround them with love during this tough time.

Ken Ball and Family

We went to the funeral home tonight and there were tons of people there showing their love, concern, and support. Sherriff Bruce Harris is my third cousin. We did get a chance to talk to him and his wife about Jana's condition. Apparently she had been having complications from pancreatitis. She had been sick for over a year and had to have about 2 surgeries during that period of time. It was not cancer. Jana passed away Tuesday on her way to see her doctor. An autopsy was performed on her but they were unable to determine the cause of death. Please continue to pray for this family. They need our love, support, and prayers. This is going to be a very difficult time for them all. My family will continue to pray.

I am really not trying to be nosey, but how did she die? This is so sad I am so sorry for Sheriff Harris and his family. She is just a year younger than me so I know that she had a full life ahead of her!

Oops I now see in the post above mine how she died, but was she driving her car or anything like that, or was someone driving her to the doctor?? This is so sad I am so sorry to hear this!

I am really not trying to be nosey, but how did she die?  This is so sad I am so sorry for Sheriff Harris and his family.  She is just a year younger than me so I know that she had a full life ahead of her!

Oops I now see in the post above mine how she died, but was she driving her car or anything like that, or was someone driving her to the doctor??  This is so sad I am so sorry to hear this!

I am pretty sure that someone was driving her. I just didn't get time to ask all of the questions that I wanted to. There was a big crowd there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

:(

i had no idea she had died - somehow i missed it. i went to school with jana and she was super sweet.

a good friend (with me riding along) ran into the side of jana's car with his brand new truck MANY years ago. he didn't realize there was a 4 way intersection at macland and bobo (he wasn't from paulding co) and hit her as she was coming across. thank goodness no one was hurt but he did have a small heart attack when i told him he had just hit the sheriff's daughter.

thoughts and prayers for jana's family.