Paulding.com

I do not know all the details, but I was told that Ken Phillips passed away on Sunday morning. I know he was in need of a liver transplant and I was told that they were trying to do the transplant when the doctors encountered problems. I am hoping that someone here knows more.

He was a great man and a wonderful role model for the youth in our community. He was my coach as a freshman at PCHS, and continued his work with the programs of all the schools as long as he could.

His presense in this community will be missed. God bless his family!

He will be missed! Most in the county that knew him would say all through this illness he never gave up! This man lived life to the fullest everyday as if it were his last and I am glad to say that I knew him and his family.

They always had a good time together no matter where they were.

He always had a smile and something to aggravate you about all he wanted was for everyone to be happy and if you didn't have a smile on your face when you met him you left with one always.

Funeral Services are being made by the family at Eberheart Funeral Home, this afternoon at 1.  All we know right now is that the visitation is tomorrow night and the funeral is being held on Wednesday.  I will give you times when I find them out!

Thanks for this info.he will be missed, he inspired and motivated many students in this community

This is very sad,,,I knew Coach Phillips from PCHS. I jarred my thumb playing dodge ball in P.E. and he jerked it back in place,,,I almost hit him it hurt so bad,,,but I didnt I had to be strong because the football players were all standing around watching him and me. Coach Phillips told me that I did real good and that I should put some ice on my thumb. He made me feel good about myself because he knew that I wanted to hit him my fist was tight as could be, He winked at me and told the football players he expected them to show as much grit as this here little lady did, and little I was I was 16 and about 90 lbs, I will always remember him as a patient and understanding man, he was a very good teacher. His family has my prayers.

Sherri

Below is a link to a dedication made to Coach a while back for what a great man, father, teacher, coach and friend to Paulding.

I've known him since a young child, and had him for teacher in PC Jr High and PCHS. He was one of a kind. He truly cared for his students and was a dedicated educator.

He will be missed.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/1997_98...lltext/sr26.htm

Below is a link to a dedication made to Coach a while back for what a great man, father, teacher, coach and friend to Paulding.

I've known him since a young child, and had him for teacher in PC Jr High and PCHS.  He was one of a kind.  He truly cared for his students and was a dedicated educator.

He will be missed.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/1997_98...lltext/sr26.htm

THANK YOU!!!!!!

He was a awsome persone and a great man. the church will be packed.

I was in Grands and saw that Coach Phillips had passed on the front page of the Dallas new era, I was shocked. I had not heard about his illness. I came right home and got on PC.Com. I had him for my PE teacher in High school at PCHS. He was the nicest, funniest man. I really liked him. My prayers go out to his family, and friends. He will be missed.

I was very sad to hear about coach Phillips passing. He was one of my P.E. teachers when I was at Herschel Jones from '92-'95. He was always the cool coach who everyone wanted to have. I remember the first day of 6th grade when he talked to all of us in the gym before class. I remember him talking about how we are Jones' Tigers now and are nearly halfway done with our schooling. I was little nervous about being in middle school, but the stuff he said made me feel better.

I remember playing softball during class. Every time someone would get a hit, you'd often hear him yell "Good one!"

I'll always remember the talent show in 7th grade when he came riding into the gym on Goldwing wearing a black leather jacket. He jumped off and started doing the twist with several female students (One of them was his daugher Kenelle).

He touched a lot of people during his life and will be sorely missed.